Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
I was in one of the elevators at work after going for my lunchtime/afternoon walk. I was hot and sweaty after the walk, and a bit disheveled since I had to wear a spare office shirt for the walk, and I was wearing shorts and sandals.

Two attractive women entered the elevator at the same time. I apologized for my appearance, and the one closest to me smiled and said "Yeah - we've seen you walk."

I thought that was a bit of an odd statement, but it was the way she was looking at me and smiling that I suddenly felt naked. She wasn't looking at my face, either.

Physics news on Phys.org
Astronuc said:
I was in one of the elevators at work after going for my lunchtime/afternoon walk. I was hot and sweaty after the walk, and a bit disheveled since I had to wear a spare office shirt for the walk, and I was wearing shorts and sandals.

Two attractive women entered the elevator at the same time. I apologized for my appearance, and the one closest to me smiled and said "Yeah - we've seen you walk."

I thought that was a bit of an odd statement, but it was the way she was looking at me and smiling that I suddenly felt naked. She wasn't looking at my face, either.

Just as an FYI, "Aussie Rules" shorts, except for a brief period in the 70's, are considered "underwear", here in these colonies.

warwick-capper-back-in-the-footy-shorts-114189.jpg

Put some pants on Astro!

-------------------
And no, I did not go on that silly naked bike ride the other night...

Hey Om, I never looked that wimpy. :biggrin:

Last edited:
dkotschessaa said:
I love the rainy season in Florida. Bring it!

No, god, please no. It just stopped yesterday down here.

dkotschessaa said:
I love the rainy season in Florida. Bring it!

Oh hell no. I'm tired of my hair looking like a triangle of frizz.

HeLiXe said:
Oh hell no. I'm tired of my hair looking like a triangle of frizz.

Yeah mine gets pretty unruly when it gets wet. On those days I say my hair is going all Newtonian:

Last edited by a moderator:
lisab said:
Yeah mine gets pretty unruly when it gets wet. On those days I say my hair is going all Newtonian:

Isn't that worth some points on the crackpot quiz?

Comparing oneself to Newton?

:-p

My hair gets all looking like this when I'm down at south beach in Fla.

lisab said:
lol...my hair used to be like that. I cut it recently so now I go all equilateral:-p you could literally do a proof with the SAS theorem on it.
DiracPool said:
My hair gets all looking like this when I'm down at south beach in Fla.

Your hair you say...or do you mean your whole self?
*note to self*-avoid DiracPool posts with pictures.

HeLiXe said:
lol...my hair used to be like that. I cut it recently so now I go all equilateral:-p you could literally do a proof with the SAS theorem on it.Your hair you say...or do you mean your whole self?
*note to self*-avoid DiracPool posts with pictures.

That's not me, that's the ancient aliens guy. I'm just saying that my hair gets frizzy like that in south beach. Geeeeez.

Edit: and I've got 7 more posts than you, so respect.

Last edited:
Nothing is working out the way I want these days. It's a terrible time of my life. Depressed and deeply frustrated.

And this is my fifth post, yet the forum is only recognizing two. Typical of my luck.

If you post in GD, the posts won't show - the posts that show reflect your contributions to forums for math and sciences.

Detached said:
Nothing is working out the way I want these days. It's a terrible time of my life. Depressed and deeply frustrated.
Sorry to hear that. Can you turn things around? You should try, if you can. Depression and an "empty" feeling can be destructive to your spirit. Get out with friends and tread some new ground, if you can.

turbo said:
If you post in GD, the posts won't show - the posts that show reflect your contributions to forums for math and sciences.

I see. I didn't know that. Thanks.

turbo said:
Sorry to hear that. Can you turn things around? You should try, if you can. Depression and an "empty" feeling can be destructive to your spirit. Get out with friends and tread some new ground, if you can.

I'm trying, didn't give up yet.

Every time something goes wrong, and I become in a state of mind similar to the one am in right now, I just remember that nothing matter in this life, and that emotions are irrelevant. The empty feeling arising from this realization is just freeing and relaxing.

Anyone here ever took an IELTS exam?

Try adapting this to your own life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IgF24kV8Oc

WannabeNewton said:

That cheered me up!

WannabeNewton said:
:wink:

o:).

AnTiFreeze3 said:

:approve:

Detached said:
And this is my fifth post, yet the forum is only recognizing two. Typical of my luck.

turbo said:

turbo said:

Detached said:
I see. I didn't know that. Thanks.

I'm trying, didn't give up yet.

Every time something goes wrong, and I become in a state of mind similar to the one am in right now, I just remember that nothing matter in this life, and that emotions are irrelevant. The empty feeling arising from this realization is just freeing and relaxing.

Detached said:
Anyone here ever took an IELTS exam?

WannabeNewton said:

Detached said:
That cheered me up!

WannabeNewton said:
:wink:

AnTiFreeze3 said:

micromass said:
:approve:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

WannabeNewton said:

That's easily one of my more favorite songs (from a movie).

It's tough to reconcile this with the slack performances that I experienced during HS and college. The "back-up" singers seemed to want to be paid to stand at the back of the riser and jiggle around.

My sister is a fantastic singer, though we do 'way better in duets instead of relegating her to back-up. She and her band were so damned busy that I rarely got to hijack her for performances. When we did popular numbers like "Wild Night", we never lost a customer, and if the bar's doors were open, we added some. She is still performing, and I wish I could join her.

Right in the childhood :cry:: This is the greatest thing ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjBHFb0fZM

PhizKid said:

Ooooomg this reminds me of all the class field trips we used to take back in elementary school. We'd watch Goofy movies during the trips. My childhood is being hit really hard :cry:

Still ain't got nothin' on a new FF game though; FF is everything.

WannabeNewton said:

I never got Monty Python when I younger, as high as I tried to get. Maybe its an American-British cultural gap. Other people would always quote some line, and I'd think, that's stupid. I'm getting them a little more these days.

Dude Monty Python is the greatest thing ever. This is my most favorite Monty Python sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

WannabeNewton said:
Dude Monty Python is the greatest thing ever. This is my most favorite Monty Python sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

Ok, let me give this a shot...

Sorry, nothing.

AnTiFreeze3 said:
That's easily one of my more favorite songs (from a movie).

Mine too.

Reminds me, that I shouldn't talk about movies...

Bloody spoilers...

spoilet-alert-everybody-dies.jpg