Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
lisab said:
Wooly pig.

http://img.izifunny.com/pics/2012/20121224/640/curly-hair-ship-mangalitsa-13-pics_8.jpg
For some reason, my first thought was to wonder if you could make a silk purse out of its ear. :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
Be it Super Glue, Crazy Glue, or whatever other cyanoacrylate you want to use that claims to glue anything to anything else... they lie. I have learned through hours of experimentation that you absolutely cannot permanently attach a blob of snot to a snail's foot.

Danger said:
Be it Super Glue, Crazy Glue, or whatever other cyanoacrylate you want to use that claims to glue anything to anything else... they lie. I have learned through hours of experimentation that you absolutely cannot permanently attach a blob of snot to a snail's foot.
thatsnotsurprising

Danger said:
whywouldyouwantto

I feel bad for that snail... all the mucus.

Oh, wait.

"snot on a snail" also not a googlenope.

lisab said:
Wooly pig.

http://img.izifunny.com/pics/2012/20121224/640/curly-hair-ship-mangalitsa-13-pics_8.jpg

I'll second that, tribble bunny.​

Last edited by a moderator:
ImATrackMan said:
whywouldyouwantto
Prosthetics development research; I have a soft spot for amputee snails.

I actually finish all my homework, I just *want* to be there cheerfully enjoying their spaghetti. :evilgrin:

inotyce said:
I actually finish all my homework, I just *want* to be there cheerfully enjoying their spaghetti. :evilgrin:
:confused:

Danger said:
I removed the shell of my racing snail, thinking it would speed him up, but it just made him sluggish.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

When my equally uncouth friends and I order escargot, we refer to it as "slugs in a camper".

Danger said:

Yes, it happens a lot when they get run over by turtles. Consider the case of Slimy McShells, who once suffered such a trauma. Regaining consciousness in the emergency room, he was asked what caused the accident. “I really can’t remember,” the snail answered. “You see, it all happened so fast."

-Dave K

Played (classical guitar, mostly, and some jazz) at an open mic last night. I've been playing for years but I never played out enough, so I still get nervous. Need more exposure. It was great though. A person from Argentina loved my tango - that is an excellent compliment. Still, the adrenaline kept me up till too late... I'm on about 4 hours of sleep. I'm no good without my sleep. I know some people do it a lot. Not me. 7-8 hours. In bed at 9:00. so. in short

yay
and ugh-Dave K

Nice dkotschessaa! :smile:

Maybe you should be like most PFers and become an owl. :biggrin:

Gad said:
Nice dkotschessaa! :smile:

Maybe you should be like most PFers and become an owl. :biggrin:

I used to be. But to be as gorgeous as I am you have to get lots of sleep.

Did I say gorgeous? Sorry, where is my humility? I meant smart and gorgeous.

-Dave K

Haha!

I wish you a good sleep-full night, dkotschessaa. :)

Major score at the swap meet this morning:

Two ink cartridges for my printer, plus 200 sheets of 4 x 6 photo paper, all for $5.00.

It was a bit of a risk because the expiration date on the cartridges was 2007. To my happy surprise, they worked. (At least one of them.)

Brand new, all this would have cost, roughly, hundreds of millions of dollars, as anyone with a printer knows.

Humanity needs to hurry up and invent something that converts thoughts into text. This whole typing process is a pain.

I spent the morning patching up cracks in drywall and an access panel that I had to cut into the wall. A few hours later it started raining and I discovered that I have a roof leak that comes through one of the windows - right on the freshly repaired wall. :rolleyes:

AnTiFreeze3 said:
Humanity needs to hurry up and invent something that converts thoughts into text. This whole typing process is a pain.

Uhm. What happens when we get distracted? By ... thoughts.

I can't think on one topic!

Borg said:
...I discovered that I have a roof leak that comes through one of the windows...
Shingle over the window and reglaze the roof.

AnTiFreeze3 said:

What a thought...

Though, I've been a touch typist since the age of 14, so converting thoughts into text is not a problem.

The thought though, involved all the 5000 thoughts that have kept me up until way after bedtime pondering the universe over the last 50 years.

And each night, it's a new set of 5000 thoughts.

OmCheeto said:
The thought though, involved all the 5000 thoughts that have kept me up until way after bedtime pondering the universe over the last 50 years.

And each night, it's a new set of 5000 thoughts.

That was my problem until about 15 years ago, when I was put on Wellbutrin and Citalopram for my ADD. Suddenly, I could think about only 2 or 3 things at once, and actually get to sleep. Now, unfortunately, the beer somewhat negates that effect, so I have to slam a shot of scotch as a sleeping pill. (I also found that it functions exactly the same as the Robitussin Chest Decongestant formula that I used to have to take at least a couple of times a day, and is a lot cheaper.)

zoobyshoe said:
Shingle over the window and reglaze the roof.
I think that the water is leaking in through a section of copper roofing so I'll have to use copper on the window.

Copper roofing? Where do you live?

Is it considered racist to use derogatory terms about yourself? I always refer to myself as a MacMickSpic because of my Scots, Irish and Spanish heritage. (I also have English and black, but I'm loathe to admit the former and the latter would require a DNA sample to prove since it doesn't show.)

Probably depends on the company. Around strangers, probably not. With friends? Sure, you can explain.

That sounds reasonable. Thanks.

HayleySarg said:
Probably depends on the company. Around strangers, probably not. With friends? Sure, you can explain.

Try it around strangers, it could be a good ice breaker or nose breaker depending on the way the person takes it.

That's a bit gutsy. I suppose it would make a good story.

I prefer my nose to stay un-broken, but I suppose it varies from person to person.

The happiness of a number is preserved by rearranging the digits, and by inserting or removing any number of zeros anywhere in the number.

lisab said:
The happiness of a number is preserved by rearranging the digits, and by inserting or removing any number of zeros anywhere in the number.

How do you define happiness of a number?

micromass said:
How do you define happiness of a number?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_number

A happy number is defined by the following process: Starting with any positive integer, replace the number by the sum of the squares of its digits, and repeat the process until the number equals 1 (where it will stay), or it loops endlessly in a cycle which does not include 1. Those numbers for which this process ends in 1 are happy numbers, while those that do not end in 1 are unhappy numbers (or sad numbers[1]).

:smile:

micromass said:
I'm as happy as 671.

Or 761, 10670, 6700001,...so many ways to be happy.