Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
That makes me wonder: is there a solar system somewhere where they have gas midgets?

Physics news on Phys.org
turbo said:
I have lost probably the remainder of an upper molar's filling. It doesn't hurt a bit, but it is driving my tongue nuts.
Are you working to have something like this? :devil:

Tongue+Splitting+%25282%2529.jpg

I wonder what would happen if I put this big bag of silica gel in that bucket of warm water?

snap crackle pop...then... nothing, :cry:

Just found out one of my favorite professors got suspended from teaching because he had a raging drug addiction. He was falling asleep during conversations, and got caught injecting himself at work :eek:.

lisab said:
Just found out one of my favorite professors got suspended from teaching because he had a raging drug addiction. He was falling asleep during conversations, and got caught injecting himself at work :eek:.

That's very sad. :frown:

Odd situation, today. I wrote a letter to the editor of the local paper asking why the county mounties or the state police couldn't be bothered patrol this country road. The speed limit is 45, and scofflaws often blow by here at 70+.

Interestingly, one of the people who complained about the increased attention was a woman who was complaining several years back about all the speeders. Her husband took her to task because she was an inveterate speeder, and an argument ensued. I excused myself saying that I had to get back home. This was a few years before their daughter moved back home with their 2 pre-school grand-daughters. How things have changed! If you don't want to get fined, don't speed. It's pretty simple.

Another person who complained to my wife is a widow who raises Boston terriers. After one of her prize bitches was killed in the road last summer, you'd think she might be happy for a bit of extra traffic coverage. Nope. I guess that their "right" to speed is more important than reining in the scofflaws.

I think I have more crow's feet than all the crows in California.

Any estimate on the crow population?

turbo said:
... After one of her prize bitches was killed in the road last summer, you'd think she might be happy for a bit of extra traffic coverage ...

Pimpin' ain't easy.

turbo said:
Yes: lots.

turbo said:
Too damn many.

Image from http://www.crowbusters.com/facts.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Miss Marple or Hercule Poirot?

Did I miss the memo on Public Transportation Accident Month?

July 6 - Asiana Airlines crash
July 22 - Southwest Airlines crash
July 24 - Spainish train crash
Yesterday - Italian bus crash
Today - Swiss Train crash

they should make an updated version of quantum leap.
right now.

krash661 said:
they should make an updated version of quantum leap.
right now.
The TV show?

What do you do to ease a pain and not think of it?

zoobyshoe said:
The TV show?

yes the tv show.

Gad said:

take medicine ?

Last edited:
krash661 said:
take medicine ?

Getting high is better :-p

Nevermind, I'll sleep any moment now.. I hope.

krash661 said:
yes the tv show.
Hmmm. Ziggy says there's only about a 6.987% chance.

Gad said:
Getting high is better :-p ...

Go big or go home :smile:

Latex does not appreciate the changes my cat made to the document while sitting on the keyboard.

dkotschessaa said:
Latex does not appreciate the changes my cat made to the document while sitting on the keyboard.

Anybody familiar with the qeqqqqqqqzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz theorem?

dkotschessaa said:
Anybody familiar with the qeqqqqqqqzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz theorem?

Don't know it myself, but I understand it's all the rage among feline mathematicians.

LOLOLOL zooby hahaaaaa

Gad said:
Getting high is better :-p

Now you're talking!

Ladies and gentlemen, I've gathered you all here for a reason.

Today. Today is the day that my gold membership has expired. It all began six months ago. PF was still yearning for its 4,000,000th post, and our highest-in-command put forth a challenge: he who takes a screenshot of the PF home page upon its 4,000,000th post shall earn six free months of gold membership. That challenge was accepted and accomplished, and I was that man. Not taking lightly my newly founded responsibilities, I sought forth for a symbol which would describe the essence of my persona, something which, upon gazing, would be analogous with myself. For this reason, you have associated my being with that of a juice-box. One was blue, the other an orangish-color, representative of my ever changing moods.

Thus, with a heavy heart, and a longing nostalgia for what once was, I say good-bye to the juice boxes. I say good-bye to the ever-changing multitude of signatures, and lastly, I say good-bye to you.

zoobyshoe said:
Don't know it myself, but I understand it's all the rage among feline mathematicians.

I should write a wikipedia article on feline mathematics.

dkotschessaa said:
I should write a wikipedia article on feline mathematics.
Be sure to put it in the right Wiki - http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Laws_of_physics

Borg said:
Be sure to put it in the right Wiki - http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Laws_of_physics

I wonder how long it'll last if I actually put it there.

I think it's largely a matter of notation.

Since feline mathematicians, such as Ella Inez Fitzgerald Kotschessa [pictured below], do not have a way of handling superscript notation, they simply denote qeq7z37 by qeqqqqqqqzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Since cat domestication originated in Egypt, and egyptians wrote decimals as a series of unit fractions, it is not surprising that modern feline algebraists would take a similar approach to their notation.

2qtzmuh.jpg

Caption: Catematician Ella Inez Fitzgerald Kotschessa

-Dave K.

Gad said:

I hear ya, I've only had one experience of "pain" due to a slightly herniated disc.

The "battle" is very psychological imo. My condolences... it ain't easy. If I had chronic pain I think I'd learn to meditate to see if that practice would help ignore pain.

AAArgh, we have all lost our identities!