Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
Hmmm...

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, my goodness.

AnTiFreeze3 (and his lack of juicebox) isn't alone. We are all avatar-less! :eek:

What's going on? Where? Who? What's going on around me?

collinsmark said:
Oh, my goodness.

AnTiFreeze3 (and his lack of juicebox) isn't alone. We are all avatar-less! :eek:

What's going on? Where? Who? What's going on around me?
:cry: Greg is trying to streamline. He promised that he's open to suggestions. My suggestion, change it back. :frown:

Evo said:
:cry: Greg is trying to streamline. He promised that he's open to suggestions. My suggestion, change it back. :frown:

Greg, is, the, BOSS! :wink:

----------------------
Nyet, on the change it back idea...
I'm a change freak.
Sorry Evo! :redface:

WBN looks like a headless body, I can't even make out collinsmark now, Gad is all squished up.

Evo said:
WBN looks like a headless body, I can't even make out collinsmark now, Gad is all squished up.

Just as an FYI, I have bad eyes.

I don't see much of a difference, except that everything looks a bit more linear.

And I love miss Dakota Cheese's watchful eyes. What a beautiful cat. :!)

AnTiFreeze3 said:
Ladies and gentlemen, I've gathered you all here for a reason.

Today. Today is the day that my gold membership has expired. It all began six months ago. PF was still yearning for its 4,000,000th post, and our highest-in-command put forth a challenge: he who takes a screenshot of the PF home page upon its 4,000,000th post shall earn six free months of gold membership. That challenge was accepted and accomplished, and I was that man. Not taking lightly my newly founded responsibilities, I sought forth for a symbol which would describe the essence of my persona, something which, upon gazing, would be analogous with myself. For this reason, you have associated my being with that of a juice-box. One was blue, the other an orangish-color, representative of my ever changing moods.

Thus, with a heavy heart, and a longing nostalgia for what once was, I say good-bye to the juice boxes. I say good-bye to the ever-changing multitude of signatures, and lastly, I say good-bye to you.
WHAT? You are NOT leaving. COME BACK HERE!

:cry: He's kidding, right? ANTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Evo said:
And you look, ...well, good on my friends list. :approve:

AnTiFreeze3 said:
...and lastly, I say good-bye to you.
Eh? You're going to leave because your juice passed its expiration date?

Evo said:
Agreed.

If you're bored, take your camera and set it to the widest zoom setting. Then set it on your wrist and take a shot of your hand. Your hand will turn into a grotesque alien/monster hand. (I discovered this all on my own today. It's never been done before, and will go down in history.)

Attachments

• WideAngleHand.jpg
    WideAngleHand.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 301
zoobyshoe said:
If you're bored, take your camera and set it to the widest zoom setting. Then set it on your wrist and take a shot of your hand. Your hand will turn into a grotesque alien/monster hand. (I discovered this all on my own today. It's never been done before, and will go down in history.)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

:cry:

Borek said:
I am starting to hate facebook. Profile image can't have a white background, as it will be cropped by their algo.

Try inserting a frame using picasa

I'm dangerously low on coffee. Dangerously low.

Well, as long as I'm heading out and about, I might as well get an x-ray of my ankle, while I'm at it. X-rays and coffee. And I'm about out of mayonnaise too. Mayonnaise, x-rays and coffee.

Last edited:
collinsmark said:

Well, as long as I'm heading out and about, I might as well get an x-ray of my ankle, while I'm at it. X-rays and coffee. And I'm about out of mayonnaise too. Mayonnaise, x-rays and coffee.
Hope you feel better soon!

collinsmark said:

:eek: What happened to your ankle?

Oh and can you pick up some half-and-half while you're at the store?

The death of science
Long long ago a fire burnt
Once upon a time the great wheel turned
The fire is now lost,
The wheel has stopped long since
Leaving us with science to be mourned

The revival
As we mourn for it- that lost art
A man comes running torch in hand
Lighting up our dark gloomy land
And then he stands before that pyre whose fire we now mourned
With a throw he lights the pyre with the fire stolen from the heavens
And then he stands before the wheel whose motion we mourned
With a heave he moves it -that unmovable wheel
The fire burnt the wheel turned
And we rejoiced
He began to leave then -that torch bearer
We sought him; thought to thank him
We asked what him what he would take as a fee (Oh wretched we!)
He asked a promise
Never let the wheel stop; Never let the fire be lost.
With that he turned back moving away.
We asked him his name and yet unanswering he moved away
But of names he has no dearth of
Some now call him Gallileo; some Newton, some Kepler, some Maxwell, some Einstein
Me? I call him Prometheus The Fire Bringer

Really need some coffee...

collinsmark said:

Prioritized?

For me, as much as I love x-rays, coffee would be first. Mayonnaise is a definite last.

Nice poem Enigman. :)

*hands Enigman a mug of coffee, freshly grounded coffee*

dlgoff said:
Prioritized?

For me, as much as I love x-rays, coffee would be first. Mayonnaise is a definite last.
I cannot live without mayonnaise. I dip almost everything in it.

Tonight I made my world famous "salt chicken with mayonnaise". It's something I invented for the girls when they were little that they love so much, Evo Child asked me to make it for her boyfriend a few years ago. It's thinly sliced chicken breast tenders (about 1/2 to 1 inch thick and 2-3 inches long, basically one bite) saute quickly in butter until the pink is gone and they are juicy and succulent, remove to a plate, salt lightly and serve with a side of mayonnaise for dipping. Who knew something that simple could taste so divine? And I don't even like chicken breast. I remember when they were little and I'd ask "what about salt chicken tonight?", and they would squeal with delight.

I really miss those days.

Last edited:
Enigman humbly replies that he aldready has had 4 mugs since the poem and agrees another mug couldn't hurt his chances in avoiding another poetic episode. Enigman also sends his thanks for the mug. :eek:

I made it back home, complete with mayonnaise (yum), x-rays and coffee.

I even got a cast and some crutches in the process (boy, I sure could'a used those a few days ago). :smile: 'Turns out it's more than just a sprain though; it's a fracture too. :frown:

Evo said:
Hope you feel better soon!
Thank you Evo. :!)

lisab said:
Oh and can you pick up some half-and-half while you're at the store?
Doh! I knew I forgot something. :cry:

dlgoff said:
Speaking of which, here are the x-rays (Left foot). I forgot to ask the doctor which bone is fractured. I do have a pretty good guess though, since the doc gave me digital copies of the x-rays. Hint: (keep in mind I have no medical training) To me anyway, it doesn't look like a complete break, but there does seem to be something cracked pretty bad.

I don't think it's the circle in the middle, but it does make me wonder, WTF is that? I have no idea what that circle thing is. I'm guessing it's not related though. Maybe it's just a trick of the angle. There's something else that seems to be cracked/broken to look for.

Another angle.

Here is my guess where the fracture is:
I think it's the Lateral Maleolus, which is the bottom part of the Fibula -- the Fibula being the thinner of the two lower-leg bones. In the top picture, if you look to the right part of the right-most leg bone ("right" as when you are looking at the picture. Not my "right." Also, not the heel bone, the bone above that), you can see a dark, diagonal line, about half way (okay, a third of the way) through the bone, indicating the fracture. You can also see it in the lateral view (the second picture), although you're looking through the Tibia to see the broken Fibula (specifically the Lateral Maleolus part of the Fibula). That's my guess anyway. (Again, I have no medical training. I don't know what I'm talking about.)

Last edited by a moderator:
zoobyshoe said:
Miss Marple or Hercule Poirot?

Will have Nemesis over Papa Whiskers any day :cool:

collinsmark said:
I made it back home, complete with mayonnaise (yum), x-rays and coffee.

Here is my guess where the fracture is:
I think it's the Lateral Maleolus, which is the bottom part of the Fibula -- the Fibula being the thinner of the two lower-leg bones. In the top picture, if you look to the right part of the right-most leg bone ("right" as when you are looking at the picture. Not my "right." Also, not the heel bone, the bone above that), you can see a dark, diagonal line, about half way (okay, a third of the way) through the bone, indicating the fracture. You can also see it in the lateral view (the second picture), although you're looking through the Tibia to see the broken Fibula (specifically the Lateral Maleolus part of the Fibula). That's my guess anyway. (Again, I have no medical training. I don't know what I'm talking about.)

Yes its the lateral malleolus which is the lower end of the fibula , the other long bone in your leg other than the tibia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibula

Fracture line is indicated in by break in the cortex of the bone which is the white line you see on both sides of the bone on X ray.

collinsmark said:

I don't think it's the circle in the middle, but it does make me wonder, WTF is that? I have no idea what that circle thing is. ...

It's obvious to me. That circle is the remnant eye.

Check it out:

octopus+%25283+of+3%2529.jpg

tentacles to the left. eye in the middle. big thing to the right.

Our feet/ankle appendage is obviously the chimeric work of, Aliens.

Last edited by a moderator:
The black dot is obviously an alien implant.

i move to motion for chat on saturdays also.

krash661 said:
i move to motion for chat on saturdays also.

Your prayers have been answered.

I really need cuckoo's calling...

It's always something.

At the swap meet today I got a couple of pounds of beautiful, sweet grapes for a dollar. Also a bag of sweet/tart tangerines, at the perfect stage of ripeness for a dollar. Also three very good cantaloupes for a dollar. Three Dollar Fruit Feast.

I did not find any black ink for my printer, however, nor a prime lens for my camera. Ideally, I would want a 24 or 28mm fast lens for $20.00. That would be quite a bargain. I'd like the larger capacity black ink for $5.00.

Wow. Those margins have disappeared.

Wow. Those margins are back.

Wow. They're gone again.

Greg is obviously tinkering as I write.