Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
  • #1,016
Evo said:
...The pretty girl on the show was the daughter of Tommy Chong, of "cheech and chong".

Rae Dawn Chong, female romantic lead in the 1981 blockbuster, Quest For Fire. She was naked in all her scenes, as I recall.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,017
  • #1,018
zoobyshoe said:
Rae Dawn Chong, female romantic lead in the 1981 blockbuster, Quest For Fire. She was naked in all her scenes, as I recall.
No, Robbi Chong.

Attachments

• robbi chong.jpg
    robbi chong.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
  • #1,019
After beginning to read Catch-22, I've figured out that Om's literary counterpart is Orr.

• #1,020
AnTiFreeze3 said:
After beginning to read Catch-22, I've figured out that Om's literary counterpart is Orr.

hmmmm...

Described as "a warm-hearted, simple-minded gnome," Orr is the only person in the Group considered to be crazier than his good friend Yossarian

I may, or may not, take that as a compliment...

I'll read the book again, and let you know.

It's been at least 40 years since I've read it, and have not a clue what it's all about.

Though, I have an inkling of what "Catch-22" means.

• #1,021
OmCheeto said:
hmmmm...

I may, or may not, take that as a compliment...

I'll read the book again, and let you know.

It's been at least 40 years since I've read it, and have not a clue what it's all about.

Though, I have an inkling of what "Catch-22" means.

I meant more so that you two shared a similar sense of humor, at least in my eyes :smile:

I'm about 100 pages in, and have determined thus far that it's a book with an odd writing-style, filled with a bunch of slightly humorous anecdotes. If it weren't for the such raving reviews, I'm not sure I would continue to read it, but I'm hoping it improves.

• #1,022
AnTiFreeze3 said:
I meant more so that you two shared a similar sense of humor, at least in my eyes :smile:

I'm about 100 pages in, and have determined thus far that it's a book with an odd writing-style, filled with a bunch of slightly humorous anecdotes. If it weren't for the such raving reviews, I'm not sure I would continue to read it, but I'm hoping it improves.

I got 50 pages into a book last fall, and decided that the author and I had the exact same sense of humor. I had to put it down. Freakin' Canuck...

• #1,023
Evo said:
No, Robbi Chong.
Weird. I wasn't aware there was another Chong daughter.

• #1,024
zoobyshoe said:
Weird. I wasn't aware there was another Chong daughter.
I'm amazed that they're both so beautiful. He has 5 natural children by 2 wives and an adopted son.

• #1,025
Evo said:
I'm amazed that they're both so beautiful. He has 5 natural children by 2 wives and an adopted son.

I just realized the term 'natural children' is kind of funny :biggrin:.

• #1,026
lisab said:
I just realized the term 'natural children' is kind of funny :biggrin:.

They are of course, produced by:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9nSU2hAqK4​

• #1,027
Google's logo today for Schrödinger's birthday.

erwin_schrdingers_126th_birthday-2002007-hp.jpg

• #1,028
Borg said:
Google's logo today for Schrödinger's birthday.

LOL Borg

you're about 10 hours late, I posted that in the general discussion forum about that many hours ago ;)

Dave

• #1,029
davenn said:
LOL Borg

you're about 10 hours late, I posted that in the general discussion forum about that many hours ago ;)

Dave
It didn't occur to me that there would be a thread on it. It was just a random thought to me. :smile:

• #1,030
Tomorrow I am taking a second round test on optics. My professor said I did fairly good on the previous one but still needed to confirm my real general knowledge on the second round, I guess it is mainly about how I can manage hard stuff.
-Good luck inotyce!
-Thanks I badly need it.

• #1,031
I'm going to take a break from PF.
A long one...

• #1,032
Enigman said:
A long one...
I wonder why, except personal reasons if any.

• #1,033
Enigman said:
A long one...

Not enough fans for Mr. E, the poet? :biggrin:

Hope all is well with you. :)

RT: great! Now I'm addictive to this anime. :cry:

• #1,034
Gad said:
Not enough fans for Mr. E, the poet? :biggrin:

Hope all is well with you. :)

RT: great! Now I'm addictive to this anime. :cry:
Wondering what an anime finds addictive about you...

• #1,035
why is annette bening so hot in the movie bugsy

• #1,036
Yesterday, the store had all of their Halloween stuff out. It's not even the middle of August...

• #1,037
I'm having a difficult time trying to sleep. This insomnia is not justified, I need my sleep. :cry:

• #1,038
Evo said:
Yesterday, the store had all of their Halloween stuff out. It's not even the middle of August...

And it's not even for this coming Halloween. It's for Halloween 2016.

• #1,039
Evo said:
But it does feel like September outside. The cobwebs are flying and it's too dang cold.

• #1,040
zoobyshoe said:
And it's not even for this coming Halloween. It's for Halloween 2016.

You sound like CNN.

• #1,041
dlgoff said:
But it does feel like September outside. The cobwebs are flying and it's too dang cold.
I can't believe it's the dog days of summer and it's too cold for my eggplant to set. Temps in the 50's tonight. I'm not complaining though.

• #1,042
spring has come to Sydney, early, My roses and daffodils are blooming
we are getting lots of days with temps above 20C

Dave

• #1,043
davenn said:
spring has come to Sydney, early, My roses and daffodils are blooming
we are getting lots of days with temps above 20C

Dave
Ah, so our summer moved south, WAY south, please keep it.

• #1,044
AnTiFreeze3 said:
You sound like CNN.
If you can hear me over the internet you have some special kind of hearing.

• #1,045
Last weekend I was at the swap meet looking over this guy's stuff for sale and had to listen to him telling some other guy how he was going through some kind of homeopathic procedure to remove the unnatural mineral deposits from his body. Today at a coffee shop I had to listen to some girl saying how she was going to volunteer her services at doing 'energy chelation therapy' on people.

• #1,046
zoobyshoe said:
Last weekend I was at the swap meet looking over this guy's stuff for sale and had to listen to him telling some other guy how he was going through some kind of homeopathic procedure to remove the unnatural mineral deposits from his body. Today at a coffee shop I had to listen to some girl saying how she was going to volunteer her services at doing 'energy chelation therapy' on people.
In California, no one can hear you scream.

• #1,047
Borg said:
In California, no one can hear you scream.

LOL California in on a different planet isn't it ?
or is that another galaxy, far, far away :wink:

Dave

• #1,048
Austin, Texas

This is a great free place for kids to play. Right next to the fountain is a pond, filled with turtles, perch and minnows. I always bring extra bread to share with anyone wanting to feed the aquatic life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPNhGhTIW6c

Running is water is great, but sometimes I prefer to swim in it. The depth is ~13 feet or ~4 meters:
4880510245_8eff3259aa_z.jpg

Over the summer, the Austin Symphony plays free concepts on the auditorium's lawn:
ConcertsInThePark2-1.jpg

Blues on the Green is another popular one:
blues-on-the-green.jpg

There is also free theater:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #1,049
zoobyshoe said:
If you can hear me over the internet you have some special kind of hearing.

I have my butler read to me all forum posts. He gives you a British accent.

• #1,050
ChiralWaltz said:
Austin, Texas

This is a great free place for kids to play. Right next to the fountain is a pond, filled with turtles, perch and minnows. I always bring extra bread to share with anyone wanting to feed the aquatic life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPNhGhTIW6c

Running is water is great, but sometimes I prefer to swim in it. The depth is ~13 feet or ~4 meters:
4880510245_8eff3259aa_z.jpg

Over the summer, the Austin Symphony plays free concepts on the auditorium's lawn:
ConcertsInThePark2-1.jpg

Blues on the Green is another popular one:
blues-on-the-green.jpg

There is also free theater:

Austin has always intrigued me. It struck me as a beacon of light, in a very dark (black gold, Texas tea) kinda place.

Saw something today about the L.A. river.

I suppose only in California, would they pave a river...

http://aquafornia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/la-river-kayakers.jpg​

Though as I recall, certain sections of the Mississippi are also cement lined.

Last edited by a moderator: