Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
  • #1,856
Borek said:
Be honest - would you go to cinema to watch this movie after seeing the trailer?

Wow, it so easily could have been the best "B" movie, ever!

And I totally forgot that Lucas did American Graffiti!

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,857
The same week finding out that I'm going to be a father, I find my first overgrown nose hair, sticking way out. Does getting old happen all at once?

• #1,858
dkotschessaa said:
The same week finding out that I'm going to be a father, I find my first overgrown nose hair, sticking way out. Does getting old happen all at once?
Yes, and it speeds up.

• #1,859
bla lba asdsf
a
fdas
fda

##\int_0^1 ax^2##

• #1,860
dkotschessaa said:

You better check your ears while you're at it.

• #1,861
turbo said:
Yes, and it speeds up.

...it starts to happen before the bits of aging that went before it?

• #1,862
lisab said:
You better check your ears while you're at it.

You're not old enough to know about that!

If they'd told me, that in the future, I'll be shaving my ears, I'd have laughed.

• #1,863
OmCheeto said:
If they'd told me, that in the future, I'll be shaving my ears, I'd have laughed.
Are you quoting van Gogh?

• #1,864
zoobyshoe said:
:smile:
(:blushing:didn't really get it at first...)
Self-Portrait-with-Bandaged-Ear-and-Pipe.jpg

• #1,865
zoobyshoe said:

Do they make Nair for ears?

It was 5 o'clock somewhere, about 4 hours ago.

I should try some math.

I should also clean out my gutters, before it starts raining.

No new beers?

• #1,866
OmCheeto said:
I should also clean out my gutters, before it starts raining.

No. I'll go find Janus. He lives just around the corner.

Retired mentors should work for a living.

• #1,869
I found this interesting in the context of the Academic and Career Guidance forums.

Travis Morrison has worked as a computer programmer for The Washington Post and The Huffington Post. Guitarist Jason Caddell has produced albums for other artists, and has worked as an audio engineer for political campaigns as well as last year's G8 Summit. Bassist Eric Axelson became an AP English teacher and later worked for the nonprofit Rock the Vote. And drummer Joe Easley went back to school and got a degree in aerospace engineering; he now works at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center as a robotics engineer.
http://www.npr.org/2013/10/14/231625289/the-dismemberment-plan-returns-to-its-own-surprise

• #1,870
I thought I did absolutely terrible on the practice GRE I took online, because my graduate program requires a 650 quantitative score.

Apparently they just haven't updated the requirements for the new scoring. Sheesh.

On top of 5 classes ( 3 math, one of those being analysis), math club presidency, teaching music once a week, a research project, and an expecting wife, I really do not think I want to spend a lot of time studying for the GRE.

-Dave K

• #1,871
dkotschessaa said:
I thought I did absolutely terrible on the practice GRE I took online, because my graduate program requires a 650 quantitative score.

Apparently they just haven't updated the requirements for the new scoring. Sheesh.

On top of 5 classes ( 3 math, one of those being analysis), math club presidency, teaching music once a week, a research project, and an expecting wife, I really do not think I want to spend a lot of time studying for the GRE.

-Dave K

Wow, Dave, you're seriously busy! Do you have a vice president you can hand stuff off to?

• #1,872
I wish I could say I can't tell the difference between expensive wine and cheap wine.

• #1,873
lisab said:
I wish I could say I can't tell the difference between expensive wine and cheap wine.
:-p I am going to have another meeting with Norway clients tomorrow afternoon about .NET. I am in a hurry to push myself in reviewing related basic stuff :biggrin:. Hopefully our deal is properly done.

• #1,874
Quality wine comes from quality vineyard management. The "cheap" wine is harvested pretty much as soon as the grapes are ready to be harvested. Expensive doesn't necessarely mean quality, though, much of it has to do with marketing. I wouldn't judge any wine simply because it's cheap or expensive. When you taste the wine, the lower-quality wine has an annoying "freshness" or sharpness in its taste whereas good quality wines' taste is smooth, has had more time to blend in. It's difficult to explain, just keep drinking :D

• #1,875
lisab said:
What? There's a difference?

• #1,876
I wish I could say I can tell the difference. In my experience wine is either good, or bad (or neither). I haven't seen any correlation with price, I had good and cheap vines as well as ones that were both bad and expensive.

• #1,877
  • #1,878
lisab said:
Wow, Dave, you're seriously busy! Do you have a vice president you can hand stuff off to?

I have a VP and a treasurer, but I'm not finding the delegation thing working out. I'm finding myself in the "if you want it done [STRIKE]right[/STRIKE] correctly, do it yourself" scenario a lot.

• #1,879
With wine, I'm much more accustomed to wanting a local wine over the fancier brands. I guess it means more to drink it which in turn, makes my brain think it's better.

just keep drinking :D

Generally solves most things with regards to wine taste. Eventually it stops mattering.

• #1,880
I just realized that, unless I am actually culturally required to do so, there is absolutely no reason I should use chopsticks for eating.

• #1,881
I enjoy chopsticks, actually. Some foods are annoying with them, but not all. I find the tactile experience enjoyable.

• #1,882
Many foods I find easier to eat with chopsticks, but it depends on the food.

There are some foods -- not all foods just some certain foods -- that are already cut into bite sized bits, yet are difficult to "stab" with a fork, and are a wobbly endeavor if the shovel method is used. For foods like this, chopsticks are superior, in my experience.

Which reminds me. Every time I've visited China I've made the mistake of forgetting that meals having little chicken bites are not usually boneless. Invariably, I end up grabbing the first one with my chopsticks and quickly popping it into my mouth. Then I realize that it's full of bone. I can't chew it. I can't swallow it. There's no graceful way to recover from this situation. The best I can do is to subtly spit the thing out into my napkin (serviette), and then avoid using the napkin. I make that mistake every time.

Chicken is meant to be eaten by grabbing the nugget-like-thing with one's chopsticks and nibbling on on -- not popping it straight into one's mouth like one would when eating Westernized Chinese food. I suppose one might be able to stab the nugget with a fork and nibble off of it that way, but I've never tried. I think chopsticks might be pretty necessary for eating chicken in China.

[Edit: Although, if it were culturally acceptable to do so, one could eat the bone-filled Chinese chicken bites easily enough with one's hands, similar to how one would eat American Buffalo wings. But I wouldn't recommend that in a Chinese restaurant unless trying to prove a point.]

Last edited:
  • #1,883
lisab said:
Who drinks wine for taste? :rolleyes:

• #1,884
ugh I hate latex
for every solution to every problem I have to use new packages
ugh

Last edited:
  • #1,885
I still eat with my hands, when possible. Call me a savage all you will, nothing will stop me.

And Hayley, if you're looking for a truly tactile experience, I would recommend my approach.

• #1,886
guest1234 said:
ugh I hate latex
for every solution to every problem I have to use new packages
ugh

...all of which the person you are sending your .tex file to will not have.

• #1,887
When cats think, do they think in meows?

• #1,888
lisab said:
When cats think, do they think in meows?

Purrrrr!

• #1,889
I am a little worried about the coming interview.
I wish I would always be *wordful*

Before joining any serious meetings I tend to sip something sour or hot, any of which can activate my brain function. :biggrin:

• #1,890
Sleeping with four cats at home is quite challenging. Especially after 5 a.m.

Actually we have to deal with only three, fourth hides in the hole behind the fireplace for the third day. It means it is cold in the house. Sigh.