Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
  • #2,206
lisab said:
Dog-ter Who, actually.
:-p

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,207
I liked this little presentation of superconductors/maglev train:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi7tN_B1BT8

I'll ask my mom to buy me a maglev train for Christmas. MOMMY, GIMME, GIMME! WANNA PLAY!

Last edited:
  • #2,208
Lol, I think I'm going to like this course on symmetries in quantum mechanics.
On a previous exam this was a question
Three Helium-3 atoms walk into a bar. All energy levels of this trio are doubly degenerate.
What can be done to undo their doubling?

At least he attempted a joke which sometimes is better than having a good joke.

• #2,209
JorisL said:
At least he attempted a joke which sometimes is better than having a good joke.

This is humor crackpotism, and you should be banned.

• #2,210
I was searching something on google and the string started as - "why isn't..." just as I finished typing that the first suggestion chrome throws at me is Why isn't Bleach 547 out...Manga otakus are taking over the world.
Buahaha.
<the suggestion after "why" was why so serious...we still need to beat the DC fanboys>

• #2,211
zoobyshoe said:
This is humor crackpotism, and you should be banned.

Lol!

• #2,212
Is today really only Tuesday :frown:?

It appears I have 2*23*103 days left. Sigh.

Om, will you hire me as soon as you can?

• #2,213
lisab said:
Is today really only Tuesday :frown:?

It appears I have 2*23*103 days left. Sigh.

Om, will you hire me as soon as you can?

Ok. As long as you can explain why Nickel rusts, and Platinum doesn't. Then you get an extra five hundred million dollars bonus. Otherwise... You're FIRED!

---------------------
I read today that they are still arguing about the lowest electron energy state of Nickel...
Scientists...
They remind me of me.
Always scratching their heads...

• #2,214
OmCheeto said:
Ok. As long as you can explain why Nickel rusts, and Platinum doesn't. Then you get an extra five hundred million dollars bonus. Otherwise... You're FIRED!

---------------------
I read today that they are still arguing about the lowest electron energy state of Nickel...
Scientists...
They remind me of me.
Always scratching their heads...
Go for it, LisaB! You can do it.

• #2,215
OmCheeto said:
---------------------

Only some nitpickers, bored with counting angels on a pinhead.

• #2,216
I am running out of combinations for my tea...
Earl Grey, honey and coffee for now.
(mmm...hope its not lethal, in case it is- Badbye everyone- what does bye mean anyway? google google google mmm...God be with you...in that case Fare thee unwell.)

• #2,217
Just make sure that you are using a paper filter for your coffee. There is a substance in coffee called cafestol that raises LDL cholesterol, but it has been found that filtering through paper removes it.

Cafestol, a compound found in coffee, elevates cholesterol by hijacking a receptor in an intestinal pathway critical to its regulation, said researchers from Baylor College of Medicine in a report that appears in the July issue of the journal Molecular Endocrinology.
In fact, cafestol is the most potent dietary cholesterol-elevating agent known, said Dr. David Moore, professor of molecular and cellular biology at BCM, and Dr. Marie-Louise Ricketts, a postdoctoral student and first author of the report. Cafetiere, or French press coffee, boiled Scandinavian brew and espresso contain the highest levels of the compound, which is removed by paper filters used in most other brewing processes.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/06/070614162223.htm

9. Is drinking coffee made with a paper filter healthier than drinking boiled coffee or other types of coffee?

Coffee contains a substance called cafestol that is a potent stimulator of LDL cholesterol levels. Cafestolis found in the oily fraction of coffee, and when you brew coffee with a paper filter, the cafestol gets left behind in the filter. Other methods of coffee preparation, such as the boiled coffee common in Scandinavian countries, French press coffee, or Turkish coffee, are much higher in cafestol. So for people who have high cholesterol levels or who want to prevent having high cholesterol levels, it is better to choose paper filtered coffee or instant coffee, since they have much lower levels of cafestol than boiled or French press coffee.Espresso is somewhere in the middle; it has less cafestol than boiled or French press coffee, but more than paper filtered coffee.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/coffee/

• #2,218
You just reminded me of this quote:
“Women can accept the fact that a man is a rotter, a swindler, a drug taker, a confirmed liar, and a general swine, without batting an eyelash, and without its impairing their affection for the brute in the least. Women are wonderful realists. ”
-Dame Agatha Christie

Girls are crazzzzzy...

• #2,219
Enigman said:
You just reminded me of this quote:
“Women can accept the fact that a man is a rotter, a swindler, a drug taker, a confirmed liar, and a general swine, without batting an eyelash, and without its impairing their affection for the brute in the least. Women are wonderful realists. ”
-Dame Agatha Christie

Girls are crazzzzzy...
I only go for very nice guys, and I know lisab feels the same. IMO, something is wrong with the self esteem of women that go for creeps.

• #2,220
  • #2,221
collinsmark said:
Oh, no! I'm doomed.

(I drink several espresso based coffees every day [typically around 5 or 6 doppio espressos per day]. This is horrible news. :cry:)
Just assume anything you enjoy is out to kill you.

• #2,222
collinsmark said:
Oh, no! I'm doomed.

(I drink several espresso based coffees every day [typically around 5 or 6 doppio espressos per day]. This is horrible news. :cry:)

Watch the first 30 seconds of this:

It's like Woody had his finger on the pulse of the future:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110505142730.htm

I expect the next flurry of studies will advise heavy doses of deep fat, steak, and cream pies.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #2,223
zoobyshoe said:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110505142730.htm

I expect the next flurry of studies will advise heavy doses of deep fat, steak, and cream pies.
Very true, we need cholesterol, including LDL, and LDL has a purpose, but here is when it starts to become damaging. I guess you could blame the white blood cells. :-p

Some LDL cholesterol circulating through the bloodstream tends to deposit in the walls of arteries. This process starts as early as childhood or adolescence.

White blood cells swallow and try to digest the LDL, possibly in an attempt to protect the blood vessels. In the process, the white blood cells convert the LDL to a toxic (oxidized) form.

More white blood cells and other cells migrate to the area, creating steady low-grade inflammation in the artery wall.

Over time, more LDL cholesterol and cells collect in the area. The ongoing process creates a bump in the artery wall called a plaque. The plaque is made of cholesterol, cells, and debris.

The process tends to continue, growing the plaque and slowly blocking the artery.

http://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/ldl-cholesterol-the-bad-cholesterol

• #2,224
Today I heard about a woman at Boeing who recently retired after 70 years of employment... yes, I said 70 years! :eek: Her first job was to help stitch the fabric on the wings of the aircraft.

• #2,225
And so falls the King...
Shāh Māt

• #2,226
I'm thinking of starting a photography thread for Thanksgiving dinner pictures with a subject line of "Give us the bird". I'm sure that couldn't be misinterpreted. :-p

• #2,227
Test finished.

• #2,228
How was it MW?

• #2,229
How many infractions is this avatar worth?
https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=64188&stc=1&d=1385108980

Attachments

• Untitled-2.bmp
    10.3 KB · Views: 426
  • #2,230
One tenpointer.

• #2,232
Borek said:
One tenpointer.

Pity...
Its high time for a change though...I don't think Aoyoma would appreciate his Phantom Thief being defiled any further by my bad puns...
*goes off to tinker with photos*

• #2,233
Goodbye Kid.
200px-Vlcsnap-2013-11-04-21h23m18s211.png

"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face."
"See you later, maybe next time we can meet under the moonlight."
(Eh...probably sounds better in Japanese)

Last edited:
Likes 1 person
  • #2,234
Killed a massive spider right nowdisgusting verminI burnt it in a pile of mortein soaked tissues just to make sure

2h902h0f1h0fh9fh10 goddamnit

• #2,235
Switched back over to Ubuntu last night, very pleased.

• #2,236
Two three pipe problems:
What does 'Who nose' mean?
(only thing I get is wooshen...)
And how does one survive a ten story fall?
(the 'corpse' disposal was quite easily managed but the skull should have been strawberry jam on the pavement.
Ergo something had to slow down the fall with condition that realism was intended...)EDIT: distraction, Cyclist, Bach and Madam Tussad.
EDIT2:SHEN WOO- DIVINE WARRIOR!
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0054220/ admittedly unlikely but the show doesn't work on likely plots...alternatives being hens woo...won shoe or won hose/hoes...whose on...Show now E...eh? Moffat's talking to me?
Note to self- get checked for grandiose delusion, narcissism and buy a tin-foil hat.
I do believe I am slowing down...I could do these under ten minutes a few years back.
EDIT3-
What am I missing?!? Bah humbug...

Last edited:
  • #2,237
Where did the edit button go?
the scarf bothers me...it isn't where it should be...acting as a replacement for the fez? riddles in the dark...

• #2,239
We can send a man to the moon, but we can't make Christmas lights that work reliably.

• #2,240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTby_e4-Rhg

I just listened to this. I'm crying with laughter. :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile: