Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
  • #3,116
Bah...dishes smishes...

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,117
Img tags don't work as spoilers...

Last edited:
  • #3,118
Seems promising...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #3,119
I'm trying but can't drink beer fast enough to get drunk. WTF? :confused:

• #3,120
Be careful. The beers might be forming a confederacy to hit you all at once.

• #3,121
collinsmark said:
Be careful. The beers might be forming a confederacy to hit you all at once.
Hope you're right. :thumbs:

• #3,123
Enigman said:
Seems promising...

:thumbs:

I understood every word of that.

• #3,124
OmCheeto said:
:thumbs:

I understood every word of that.

That's fascinating.

I like this part: "After every output, there's a suggestions bar that suggests what you might want to do next." (at ~11:50). I think I might need that :redface:.

• #3,125
I get to sleep comfortably tonight, as tomorrow, is my third to the last day, I have off.

Though, the kids at the bar, teased me by playing "Enders Game".

So much work to do...

-------------------
must save the... :zzz:

• #3,127
I hate rusted bolts. I'm afraid I'm going to pop a blood vessel wrestling with this one.

• #3,128
zoobyshoe said:
I hate rusted bolts. I'm afraid I'm going to pop a blood vessel wrestling with this one.
http://www.liquidwrench.com/assets/img/products/penetrating-oil.png

• #3,129
If anyone reading this has ever programmed a computer, you will know what I mean.
uW5MYjiXnafRDTK2ukWAZDl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9.jpg

• #3,130
zoobyshoe said:

Blood vessels, sure, but also watch your knuckles.

• #3,131
Lol DennisN!

• #3,132
1 Get a girl to go hyper, like hyper..no I mean, HYPER!
2 Act all smooth about it, don't give away any emotion when you talk to her
3 watch how they go even more crazy, because you stay calm
4 ..try not to laugh

• #3,133
dlgoff said:
http://www.liquidwrench.com/assets/img/products/penetrating-oil.png
After I posted that I suddenly (DOH!) remembered I have a cheater bar and I went all Archimedes on that bolt!
lisab said:
Blood vessels, sure, but also watch your knuckles.
It's funny, I rarely scrape my knuckles, but I end up with all kinds of gouges on my arms. I never feel them at the time and don't know what caused them.

• #3,134
I stumbled across that product when i was thirteen... a steel bolt that's rusted into aluminum casting is daunting.
Wetting them twice a day for a week with that stuff saved my 1951 Johnson outboard.
The heads twisted off but i was able to file the stubs flat and remove them with a parallel jaw machinist's clamp -sorta super-visegrips.

Funny what triggers nostalgia.

• #3,135
what the heck is in the water? My eye are all red now.

• #3,136
Something to ponder before deciding to have kids.

If you tell a kid not to jump on the couch 1000 times, once per second, it will take you a little over 15 minutes.

If you tell a kid not to jump on the couch 1 million times, once per second, it will take you almost two weeks. That's actually doable provided you're feeding intravenously and have a catheter, but the difficulty level increases after about 3 to 6 days without sleep when you have to start dealing with hallucinations.

If you tell a kid not to jump on the couch 1 billion times, once per second, it will take you over 30 years. Not only is that not feasible; that's not even desirable. You'd hope the kid would move out of the house after around 20 years or so.

• #3,137
I had a dream last night--I slept thinking about a function and how we got the solution. So I was staring at the screen with a step by step solution to the problem and I heard someone's voice explaining it to me. I got the idea midway and woke up cause I wasn't believing it's real.

Thanks Borek! :biggrin:

• #3,138
'Hell!' said the Duchess.

• #3,139
And hell said I.

• #3,140
If only television cable "News Channels" were ran like Physics Forums ...

• #3,141
We're having a sort of mini-hurricane here today: rain with strong wind gusts. All kinds of tree limbs down and new ponds and rivers. My umbrella got wrestled and it lost.

• #3,142
I am happy! :D

• #3,143
This picture's really made me think: :biggrin:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/1623613_689495754427479_657658531_n.jpg

• #3,144
Lol Lisa!

• #3,145
Here's that mouses's idea of a devil:

normal_flying_cat.jpg

• #3,146
Awwwwwwww.

• #3,147
So that's where Kitty Hawk got its name.

• #3,148
So, here's the irony of the zoobie life: I'm on my way to the hardware store to buy some plastic tubing so I can bleed my brakes when I replace the master cylinder, and this guy rear ends me.

My rear bumper is now a twisted deformity.

It was one of those situations where you're stopped at a light, the light changes, and the guy paces himself according to the line of cars in general, instead of the car right in front of him, which was me. You know, driving by peripheral vision.

He admitted it was his fault, that he wasn't paying attention, and looked pretty miserable.

• #3,149
zoobyshoe said:
So, here's the irony of the zoobie life: I'm on my way to the hardware store to buy some plastic tubing so I can bleed my brakes when I replace the master cylinder, and this guy rear ends me.

It was one of those situations where you're stopped at a light, the light changes, and the guy paces himself according to the line of cars in general, instead of the car right in front of him, which was me. You know, driving by peripheral vision.

He admitted it was his fault, that he wasn't paying attention, and looked pretty miserable.
Did you get the tubing? :shy:

• #3,150
zoobyshoe said:

Does he have insurance and did he admit being at fault to the authorities?

I had a neighbor back into me, admit to me it was his fault, gave me his insurance info, so I didn't call the cops, Then I found out that when my ins co contacted his ins co, he said that I backed into him! I told them to look at the damage and where my house was in relation to his and how within the laws of physics what he said could be true. Turns out he had lost his job, his house was being foreclosed on and he left the state in the middle of the night. Took 4 years, but my ins co found him and I finally got a check for the deductable I had to pay for the damage.