Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,082
Just visited the bar with the most beers in the world, about 15 min from here (bike). Serving 1900 different kinds at the moment, going to be 3000 soon.
It sure is hard to pick one. Also it was very hot at the second floor.

I'd like them to arrange some micro brews from the US of which I've read some good things. (A lot of them were Belgian).

If you're in Leuven (Belgium) one day I recommend going there and trying some.

• #3,083
I've been invited to a live performance of "Picasso at the Lapin Agile".

Should I go?

• #3,084
JorisL said:
Just visited the bar with the most beers in the world, about 15 min from here (bike). Serving 1900 different kinds at the moment, going to be 3000 soon.
It sure is hard to pick one. Also it was very hot at the second floor.

I'd like them to arrange some micro brews from the US of which I've read some good things. (A lot of them were Belgian).

If you're in Leuven (Belgium) one day I recommend going there and trying some.
Do they have any beers from Maine's Oak Pond Brewery? If so, I heartily recommend the Nut Brown Ale.

• #3,085
OmCheeto said:

Should I go?

Oh most definitely! Just be aware Picasso is dead, so it might be kinda scary.

• #3,086
lisab said:

Ok. But it's a 60 mile round trip from work to theater to home, and the show doesn't start until 7:30 pm, and I'm usually asleep in be on a Friday night by 7:30 pm. So If I should not wake on Saturday morning, come poke me on Sunday.

:smile:

-------------------------------
^--- That gibberish?, is all spell check... I ain't waist in' my time fix in it any more.

ahhhhhhh!

:cry:

• #3,087
lisab said:

Einstein's coming too...

• #3,088
turbo said:
Do they have any beers from Maine's Oak Pond Brewery? If so, I heartily recommend the Nut Brown Ale.

Doubt it. Next time I'll ask if they have any or at any time plan to get micro brews.
Thanks for the recommendation.

• #3,090
r%2Bold%2BChimpanzee%2Bnamed%2BKanzi%2Bthat%2Bknows%2Bhow%2Bto%2Bstart%2Bfires%2Band%2Bcook%2521.jpg

• #3,091
OmCheeto said:

Should I go?

I am reading it now*, I love** it.
*well, typing about reading it approximately 20s ago...but you get the picture (I don't).
**There you go. Another opinion. I wonder how many opinions the world can hold. A billion? A trillion? Well, I‘ve just added another. But look, the play stays the same. (paraphrased)

• #3,092
Lisa! said:
r%2Bold%2BChimpanzee%2Bnamed%2BKanzi%2Bthat%2Bknows%2Bhow%2Bto%2Bstart%2Bfires%2Band%2Bcook%2521.jpg
This is very eerie. I just bought a new set of frying pans last night. In fact, I would suspect this to be a surreptitious photo of me, except I have a blue plastic spatula, not a metal one.

• #3,093
@Lisa!'s posted picture

thanks for that, I laughed a good 20 minutes at that :D

• #3,094
zoobyshoe said:
This is very eerie. I just bought a new set of frying pans last night. In fact, I would suspect this to be a surreptitious photo of me, except I have a blue plastic spatula, not a metal one.

What a coincidence!

There is a 31 year old Chimpanzee named Kanzi that knows how to start fires and cook!

• #3,095
Lol Lisa!

• #3,098
lisab said:

What is scary, is that I'm in the front row, and there is no stage. Stage as in, I'm on the same level as the stage and there's a table with two barstools 6 feet in front of me. I'm glad I didn't stop for a drink on the way, or I might have accidentally become a part of the play. It appears, that the setting is a bar.

10 minutes till showtime!

jusqu'à ce que plus tard!

:-p

• #3,099
zoobyshoe said:
I see what you mean! Who hasn't always wanted to perform 1886 style surgical procedures!

The author and not the book.

• #3,100
OmCheeto said:
What is scary, is that I'm in the front row, and there is no stage. Stage as in, I'm on the same level as the stage

You will find there is a method behind that madness.

• #3,101
Enigman said:
I am reading it now*, I love** it.
*well, typing about reading it approximately 20s ago...but you get the picture (I don't).
**There you go. Another opinion. I wonder how many opinions the world can hold. A billion? A trillion? Well, I‘ve just added another. But look, the play stays the same. (paraphrased)

Oh! Now I see. That was one of Einstein's lines.

I thought you were making fun of the post I made last week:

OmCheeto said:

Of course, to have a solution, you first need to define the problem.

The first problem I see, is that the original post, is full of opinion:

opinion
opinion
see opinion #1
Inspire him for what?
opinion
opinion
Fact! Yay! This is why I think you are not as dumb as you present yourself
opinion
They will supply you with their opinion. :-p
You are quite welcome. :smile:

Obviously, the world can hold lots of opinions.

I enjoyed the play. Lots of potty humor.

One of the lines sounded very much like something I once said:

Einstein[to Picasso]: Maybe youʼre an idiot savant. And hold the savant.

• #3,103
DennisN said:
Yeah, George Monbiot torpedoes Discovery Channel:

I guess Monbiot is jealous of competition. Read his biography:
... he was also shot at, beaten up by military police, shipwrecked and stung into a poisoned coma by hornets. He came back to work in Britain after being pronounced clinically dead...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Monbiot

• #3,104
AlephZero said:
I guess Monbiot is jealous of competition. Read his biography:
:biggrin:

Gosh, I really love that sentence:
Wikipedia said:
He came back to work in Britain after being pronounced clinically dead...

Is Britain hiring zombies?

zombie-cartoon-will-work.jpg

Last edited:
  • #3,105
I'd better be careful about Monbiot. If I said what I really think about him, I would probably be instantly banned from PF...

• #3,106
AlephZero said:
I'd better be careful about Monbiot. If I said what I really think about him, I would probably be instantly banned from PF...

You can PM me with your thoughts. I won't ban you.

We have a similar local yokel, who just made Huffington Post. He seems to be very proud of it.

Unfortunately for him, his FB settings aren't set to secret, and I get the feeling he wants to be the next Geraldo Rivera.

What? A slow news day? I'll just make my own then!

I would mention his name, but he's a local terrorist, as far as I can tell. I don't need him burning down my house while I'm at work.

• #3,107
I got my mojo back.
d^_^b

• #3,108
Epiphanies are nice...except they make you feel like an idiot for not already figuring the thing out.

• #3,109
Louis CK is pretty hilarious if a bit vulgar on occasion.

Also, I've had to make so many accounts to various organizations lately that I needed to start a file with my user names and passwords thus invalidatjng the point of a secret password. Damn hackers. Used to be you could make up some word and more or less keep it constant. Nowadays you need numbers and special characters and whatnot.

• #3,110
Yanick said:

Also, I've had to make so many accounts to various organizations lately that I needed to start a file with my user names and passwords thus invalidatjng the point of a secret password. Damn hackers. Used to be you could make up some word and more or less keep it constant. Nowadays you need numbers and special characters and whatnot.
I have an entire notebook filled with various account names and passwords since each site gets a unique password, no way I can remember them all. I make them all up randomly with no ties to anything in my life, the questions to remember them are all bogus.

• #3,111
Yanick said:

One trick is to write them down in the form of a rebus, perhaps omitting parts of the word that you know. Maybe you only need to know one letter of a part of a password to know that part, then add the numbers you've put in on top of the letter.

• #3,113
'Coding up my pseudo-random number generator class. It utilizes byte and bit queues for more efficient generation of various data types such as Int64, UInt64, In32, Int16, UInt16, byte and also random bits. It can generate Gaussian normal random numbers too, with user-specified mean and standard deviation.

Presently I'm just inheriting from System.Random and adding stuff on from there. But I'm considering coding up a "Mersenne Twister" algorithm, and using that for the base class instead.

Maybe I'm making this too complicated. I'm just writing it for a program to help me plan which night of the week is spaghetti night.

Last edited:
  • #3,114
collinsmark said:
Maybe I'm making this too complicated. I'm just writing it for a program to help me plan which night of the week is spaghetti night.
Maybe. Beware of spaghettification.

• #3,115
All good suggestions thanks Evo and Zarqon. I was smart enough to use passwords other than my 'core set' which I use for important things.