Collection of Lame Jokes

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jokes
In summary: It's a humor that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness. It's not for everyone.Not a fan of surrealism, I take it?In summary, surrealism is an art form that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness, often producing incongruous imagery or effects. It may not be appreciated by everyone, but for those who do, it can be quite humorous.
  • #7,316
Ibix said:
How did a sundial break? Did someone brake the Earth's rotation?
It was mounted on a Foucault pendulum.

• Haha
Likes Klystron and phinds
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #7,317
fresh_42 said:
It was mounted on a Foucault pendulum.
Reminds me of the trouble some foreign students got into when trying to pronounce the name "Fuqua School" in interviews.

• #7,318
The difference between America and England is that the English think 100 miles is a long distance and the Americans think 100 years is a long time.

• Haha
Likes BillTre, phinds, Klystron and 1 other person
  • #7,319
WWGD said:
Reminds me of the trouble some foreign students got into when trying to pronounce the name "Fuqua School" in interviews.
I like the German pronunciation of "FAQ". As in "... you need the FAQ..."

Likes fresh_42
  • #7,320
strangerep said:
I like the German pronunciation of "FAQ". As in "... you need the FAQ..."
What ( is) the FAQ?

• #7,321
History essays in 2053...
Explain the use and role of memes as a coping mechanism
during the 2020 corona virus pandemic

Likes etotheipi
  • #7,322
IMG_9696.png

• Haha
Likes Wrichik Basu, Borg, davenn and 6 others
  • #7,323
1588445872258.png

• Haha
  • Informative
Likes Mark44, Filip Larsen, Borg and 6 others
  • #7,325
phinds said:
Is this write our own captions week? I am feeling captious:

Julia: "Oh, Velvet! Oh, Velvet! We shall shed these excess pounds and simply dominate the Derby!"

Velvet: "Moooo!"

Likes strangerep
  • #7,326
If you ever lock yourself out of the house, just talk calmly to your lock.

Because communication is the key.

• Haha
  • Love
Likes WWGD, Wrichik Basu, Ibix and 8 others
  • #7,327
It is Star Wars day today - May the Fourth be with you!

Tomorrow it's the Revenge of the Fifth.

• Haha
  • Love
Likes Klystron, BillTre, Bystander and 5 others
  • #7,328
Edit: A man shows up wearing a skirt and a woman's blouse:
"My girlfriend wanted to show you the new clothes she bought but she couldn't come today".

Last edited:
  • Skeptical
Likes Keith_McClary
  • #7,329
Ibix said:
It is Star Wars day today - May the Fourth be with you!

Tomorrow it's the Revenge of the Fifth.
Careful. Tradition is to have a Corona* on Cinco de Mayo.

*A beer.

Last edited:
  • #7,330
When you should make your dentist appointment:

On a Tuethday, at twothirty.

Likes davenn
  • #7,331
As soon as I was put in the hospital gown,
I knew my end was in sight

• Haha
Likes BillTre, Klystron, phinds and 1 other person
  • #7,332
8d12c6706de30138fdf8005056a9545d.gif

• Haha
Likes collinsmark, DrClaude, davenn and 6 others
  • #7,333
86257543.jpg

Likes Mark44, atyy, Ibix and 3 others
  • #7,334
That's just wrong. Everyone knows that you're supposed to use the ones on the ends first.

Likes Wrichik Basu, davenn, atyy and 4 others
  • #7,335
Borg said:
That's just wrong. Everyone knows that you're supposed to use the ones on the ends first.
Joking aside, you are correct. Presuming only five urinals, they should reverse the taping pattern to improve spacing and keep 3 urinals in use. If only two are needed then the end units should be open for maximum distancing.:cool:

Likes davenn
  • #7,336
Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 3.45.54 PM.png

• Haha
Likes Adesh, Borg, Keith_McClary and 7 others
  • #7,337
Quite sure the row had more than 5, someone just took a picture of 5 in the middle.

• #7,338
mfb said:
Quite sure the row had more than 5, someone just took a picture of 5 in the middle.
You can see the tile pattern on both wall and floor being interrupted at the right hand side, so I'm pretty sure this is the end of a row. I think @Klystron's point stands, unless there's an even number of urinals and we can only see five.

Likes Klystron
  • #7,339
HOMEWORK .. Half Of.jpg

Likes atyy, Borg, fresh_42 and 1 other person
  • #7,340
Q: Are you solo?
A: Depends. Am I wanted by the Empire?

• Haha
Likes atyy, Klystron, BillTre and 1 other person
  • #7,342
Ibix said:
You can see the tile pattern on both wall and floor being interrupted at the right hand side, so I'm pretty sure this is the end of a row. I think @Klystron's point stands, unless there's an even number of urinals and we can only see five.
As I interpret the drawing, the right hand end is the last, but the next item over is a stall with the wall extending out into the bathroom [the shadow is visible on the floor]. One might reasonably want to keep that urinal out of service so that the fellow standing beside the stall will not touch his zipper then touch the stall then touch his face...

• #7,343
asdf.jpg

• Love
  • Haha
Likes 256bits, Bystander and BillTre
  • #7,344
Apparently, the hornets are used to make an alcoholic drink:

According to their reports, fermented wasp shouchuu has an unappetizing muddy-brown color and smells a bit like rotting flesh. If you’re wondering about the taste of this unusual drink, it’s apparently a lot like that of regular shouchuu, but with a salty aftertaste that comes from the wasps poison. In conclusion, it looks disgusting, it stinks and it tastes really bad, so why would anyone want to drink this home-made fermented hornet brew? Well, for the health-related benefits, of course. The venom-infused liquor is said to make the skin more beautiful, boost recovery from fatigue and prevent “lifestyle disease” (whatever that is).

In order to make the drink, one first has to catch the hornets. If their nest is built underground, catchers place a net over it and simply rattle the insects so they fly into it. If the nest lies beneath an overhang, a plastic bag is placed over it, and if the hornets are in flight, they’re smacked with a large swatter. Protective gear is mandatory, but sometimes those giant stingers make it through and deliver the pain-inducing venom. To prepare the liquor, a large number of live wasps are placed in a large mason jar, which is then filled with shouchuu. The jar is then sealed and the hornets left to drown in the alcohol. Desperate to escape, they release their venom which gives the drink its signature taste and curative properties. The hornets are left to ferment for a full three years, before the disgusting shouchuu can be consumed.

• Wow
  • Haha
Likes Klystron and nsaspook
  • #7,345
So that's what Jack Burton was drinking.
btilc-72.png

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the Earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

• Haha
Likes BillTre
  • #7,346
nsaspook said:
So that's what Jack Burton was drinking.
View attachment 262287

One of my favorite movies!

• #7,347
A family was driving along a quiet rural road when suddenly a three-legged chicken zoomed past their car and veered past a farmhouse.

Of course, the family was curious so they decided to stop. A farmer was working outside so the mother rolled down the window and inquired, "Did you see that three-legged chicken that just raced by?

The farmer responds, "Oh yeah, that was one of my three-legged chickens. We raise them right here."

"But why three legs?", asks the mom.

The farmer answers, "Well, you see, it's just my wife, my son and I here on this farm and we all like chicken legs. So, we decided to start raising them."

"I see. And how do they taste?", the mom asks.

"We don't know. We've never been able to catch one."

• Haha
  • Love
Likes Mark44, jack action and nsaspook
  • #7,348
1588893424287.png

• Haha
Likes atyy, davenn, jack action and 4 others
  • #7,349
95096824_2885981994811039_4860633090386558976_n.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow