Collection of Science Jokes P2

In summary: Usually it's been commentated as being 'real'. Actually the joke dates back to the 30's and whether it's real or not cannot be said anymore.
  • #3,571
Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 7.29.19 AM.png

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,572
1726102502441.png

• Haha
Likes dwarde, Filip Larsen, Borg and 3 others
  • #3,573
answers.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Likes DrClaude, nuuskur, pinball1970 and 2 others
  • #3,574
fresh_42 said:
Subtle. I like that.
134.6??

• #3,575
Likes pinball1970
  • #3,576
jack action said:
answers-jpg.jpg
I am confused.

This seems to be saying that scientists' girlfriends give simple answers that are false, but scientists prefer girls who give complicated answers that are true?

Or if I'm misreading this, what is the connection between the images and the text?

This isn't a joke answer, I am genuinely confused.

• #3,577
DrGreg said:
I am confused.

This seems to be saying that scientists' girlfriends give simple answers that are false, but scientists prefer girls who give complicated answers that are true?

Or if I'm misreading this, what is the connection between the images and the text?

It seems quite Freudian but I am not sure.

Normal people end up with a woman that gives him grief but she's right.
He would prefer the hot chick but greener grass has no substance.

Scientists are attracted to smarter women.

Conspiracy people like conspiracies, complicated so they must be true even though they are nonsense.

Likes DrGreg
  • #3,578
pinball1970 said:
134.6??
Celcius measured the other way around. 100° freezing, 0° boiling and 57=100-43.

Likes pinball1970
  • #3,579
DrGreg said:
I am confused.

It's complicated, is this about women preference or answers to the universe?
Both scenarios are a mystery to me.

• #3,580
DrGreg said:
I am confused.
I think the scene is supposed to be read as "guy is with girl in blue but would dump her in an instant for the girl in red", so you're meant to read "[label on guy] will settle for [label on girlfriend] because they're available, but really desire [label on woman in red]". I think that kind of works for all three label sets.

Likes BillTre, phinds, DrGreg and 1 other person
  • #3,581
Ibix said:
I think the scene is supposed to be read as "guy is with girl in blue but would dump her in an instant for the girl in red", so you're meant to read "[label on guy] will settle for [label on girlfriend] because they're available, but really desire [label on woman in red]". I think that kind of works for all three label sets.
The scientist one threw me, why would he be with a dumb girl? She is not dumb, it is just that she is not in his 0.1%.

• #3,582
jack action said:
I'm forwarding this to the team, two guys and 13 gals. I will feed back!

Likes Ibix
  • #3,583
You guys do realize it's the same girl, right?

Jus' stirring the pot here.

• #3,584
DrGreg said:
I am confused.
This is a spin-off of a well-known meme called Distracted boyfriend:
The image was uploaded to Shutterstock with the caption: "Disloyal man walking with his girlfriend and looking amazed at another seductive girl".
The memes use this image with the following narrative: The subject [boyfriend] is distracted from his current interest or business [girlfriend] by something more exciting or alluring [seductive girl].
  • Most people when they are with complicated answers that are true are easily distracted by simple answers that are false;
  • Scientists when they are with simple answers that are false are easily distracted by complicated answers that are true;
  • Conspiracy theorists when they are with simple answers that are true are easily distracted by complicated answers that are false.

Likes Borg, gmax137, dwarde and 1 other person