Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
I'm so sorry to hear that, dl. My condolences. :(

Physics news on Phys.org
My condolences, Don.

RIP lovely Rosa Lee!

My condolences also Don.

Wow. Thanks for the condolences all.

Yes - i missed the post earlier . She was no doubt doubt special.
And soooo very pretty ! What a nice remembrance .

One somewhat interesting job offer (low pay, long commute, interesting company) another interview todayfor a job (more hours, on campus, less interesting) and for an internship (mathematical oncology - Mega-super-interesting, on campus, good opportunity - no pay). I have a pretty good chance at the less interesting, closer job.
I love that opportunity is knocking, but really, did it have to bring all its weird friends? I'm so confused.

Definitely taking the internship if it is offered though. This is a good problem to have. :)

dlgoff said:
My loving aunt was 76 years old and passed away yesterday morning. RIP Rosa Lee. :cry:

Sorry to hear it, Don :frown:.

Oh, this is so much my type of thing:
periodic.jpg

Original link: http://www.keaggy.com/periodictable/

EDIT:
Oh, there's also The INTERNET Database of Periodic Tables

(don't blame me, blame my wacky friend)

Here's another periodic table:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck0LcmeDE2M

Wow, went from being unemployed to having 2 job offers and an internship. I guess people were right about this having a degree thing...

It always depends on who you know :) Degrees can help, but if you know people then you're set.

lendav_rott said:
It always depends on who you know :) Degrees can help, but if you know people then you're set.

I didn't know any of these people.

Pretty soon you will be the one who people have to know :)

lendav_rott said:
Pretty soon you will be the one who people have to know :)

Indeed, as soon as I announced my internship about 3 other people I know wanted in on it. lol

Looking for old posts, you find the most interesting posts.

I used to be the nicest person on earth. Everyone said my only fault was that I was too nice.

Now I am a mean, old, crotchety, set in my ways, harpie. I prefer the dark and would be happy living in a cave.

I enjoy gourmet cooking, gardening, astronomy and ancient history. I am owned by a cat that runs an illegal possum smuggling ring and a canine fruitbat.

Evo and I, are apparently twins, separated at birth...

Sorry Evo, this means we can't get married.

Unless of course... <inappropriate banjo reference music deleted>

Trying to get back into running after stopping a month ago; the high afterwards is addicting. Some quality new shoes I recently bought make it seem more inviting. And chronic burnout make it seem necessary; other cardio workouts seem too mild in terms of results. I see some friends who seem to get by exercise-wise by just walking, even if they do it for 40 minutes or so, at a good rate, I can't see how walking would work for someone young.

I just found out PMoscow was not the capital of Prussia. Michelle Pfeiffer said so.

... there are the aches, pains, syndromes and indignities that come with age. Our prostates act up. Our once ironclad stomachs get delicate. We have more trouble sleeping. For a full list of all of the maladies that beset men as they age, just watch the pharmaceutical commercials during the evening news: Acid reflux. Joint pain. Erectile dysfunction. Frequent urination. (No wonder we get so easily pissed off.)

The reasons behind Grumpy Old Man syndrome

I'm not sure I agree with these reasons, but for what ever reasons, I wear my grumpiness like a badge. I figure after all these years, I've earned it. Just sayin'

It's raining almost everyday over here. I love it. :!)

OmCheeto said:
Looking for old posts, you find the most interesting posts.
Evo and I, are apparently twins, separated at birth...

Sorry Evo, this means we can't get married.

Unless of course... <inappropriate banjo reference music deleted>
*hears banjo music*

We kin git hitched Om *spits in bucket*.

You got dem pterodactyl cats...*spit*. I love me some pterodactyls.

dlgoff said:
I wear my grumpiness like a badge. I figure after all these years, I've earned it.

As if I was reading my own diary.

Likes 1 person
Sometimes it's not about the lawn.

Hey, you crackpots, get off my Physics Forums!

Polish nationalists sung anti-gay slogans to The Village People's "Go West" tune. Go figure.

My family thinks its cute to call me "doctor" now. I just entered the Phd program (with only a bachelors) I think it's a bit of an insult to people that have worked their *sses off to get through grad school. I have to convey this thoughtfully.

dkotschessaa said:
My family thinks its cute to call me "doctor" now. I just entered the Phd program (with only a bachelors) I think it's a bit of an insult to people that have worked their *sses off to get through grad school. I have to convey this thoughtfully.

Lucky you, I doubt I can even manage to enter one after my masters with the grades I'm getting right now...

JorisL said:
Lucky you, I doubt I can even manage to enter one after my masters with the grades I'm getting right now...

Bah, grades shmades. Are you working your *** off? Do your professors know this? Then you can get into a grad program SOMEWHERE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Borek said:

I think I can use this.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you lose you teeth you are said to be visited by a tooth fairy. Does it mean you are visited by a hair fairy when you get bold?

I would have nothing against $1 for every hair I lost.

The fairy business (actually a non profit organization) should also account for inflation, these are hard times after all :(

lendav_rott said:
The fairy business (actually a non profit organization) should also account for inflation, these are hard times after all :(

Back in the old days, you could stop at a gas station and put air in your tire for free. Then, it cost $0.25. Then it cost $1.00, and I just saw one for $2.00. Sigh. Inflation2.

lisab said:
Back in the old days, you could stop at a gas station and put air in your tire for free. Then, it cost $0.25. Then it cost $1.00, and I just saw one for $2.00. Sigh. Inflation2.
Yous have it easy we have to pay 5€ if we want to go to the booth where they have pumps, gauges etc. Nobody cares if you even do anything, maybe just gauge the pressure in your tires - 5€

Love the graphs :D
truth-facts-funny-graphs-wumo-24.jpg

lisab said:

I believe the phrase is "I see what you did there."

If you look carefully there's still places where you can get it for free.

Super lucky here - our apartment is right next to the maintenance building. This has many benefits, including unlimited use of an air compressor, 10 feet from where our car is parked.