Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
  • #2,311
Evo said:
What?

My Enigma thread...I am doing about 30% of the posting...I should have started it in brain teaser forum...had I known it existed...posts count in sub-forums of fun and games...:cry:
And why aren't others asking questions?
:mad:
BTW that was your 190th post in this part of random thoughts. I am 16 posts behind you...I have too many random thoughts...

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,312
We cooked a bunch of our food for the week in advance by grilling it outside. It is so awesome. Not only do we have to cook less, but every bite is a little charcoal scented reminder of a nice little weekend with my sweety.

-Dave K

• #2,313
zoobyshoe said:
I'm still working on completing my first childhood.
The best strategy is to go straight from the first to the second, and skip all the boring stuff in between.

• #2,314
Enigman said:
My Enigma thread...I am doing about 30% of the posting...I should have started it in brain teaser forum...had I known it existed...posts count in sub-forums of fun and games...:cry:
And why aren't others asking questions?
:mad:
BTW that was your 190th post in this part of random thoughts. I am 16 posts behind you...I have too many random thoughts...
I had to drop off of that thread because it was taking up too much of my time.

• #2,315
Me, studying for finals:

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr06/2013/4/30/17/anigif_enhanced-buzz-5417-1367358688-27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #2,316
dkotschessaa said:
Me, studying for finals:
:smile: Is that George from Seinfeld?

• #2,317
DennisN said:
:smile: Is that George from Seinfeld?

It's me it's me!

Yes it's George.

I finally got in my groove. I just came on here to look something up. But now I'm on the forums. Oh damn.

• #2,318
dkotschessaa said:
But now I'm on the forums. Oh damn.

I know the feeling...Damn is right.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Hatter said:
Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Because it can produce a few notes, tho they are very flat; and it is nevar put with the wrong end in front!
-Carroll
(Note: there's a pun in there and it ain't Car Roll...I didn't get it...neither did the proof-reader)
Bah Puzzling master Sam Loyd beat Carroll
Because Poe wrote on both;
Because the notes for which they are noted are not noted for being musical notes.;

Last edited:
  • #2,319
LOL dkotschessaa! :smile:

• #2,320
Someone, who reminds me very much of Richard Feynman, has been coming into my bar, for the last 6 months.

He's a homeless man, with a large, beautiful, and very polite dog, named Spike.

• #2,321
dkotschessaa said:
Me, studying for finals:

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr06/2013/4/30/17/anigif_enhanced-buzz-5417-1367358688-27.gif
Much earlier this year, an engineering major in my calculus class asked, rather loudly, "Why the FU(nctor) is Taylor's Theorem important to anyone?!"

I remember the moment very distinctly. I wanted very much for my professor to say the following four words and then refuse to teach the imbeciles of the class:
[PLAIN]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/andyspics/nosoup.gif[/CENTER]

Instead, he simply asked for an apology before he continued teaching. I was disappointed.​

• #2,322
AlephZero said:
The best strategy is to go straight from the first to the second, and skip all the boring stuff in between.
Sounds like a plan.

• #2,323
I just mistook Schopenhauer for Vidoq...
schopenhauer04.jpg

Eug%C3%A8ne-Fran%C3%A7ois_Vidocq.jpg

• #2,324
I had a dog named after Vidocq.

• #2,325
Let me guess...a bloodhound?
(or a chihuahua in case it was meant to be ironic...)

Last edited:
  • #2,326
In Polish Vidocq is pronounced almost exactly as "widok" - which means "a view".

• #2,327
OmCheeto said:
Yesterday morning I was at the airport, headed for England. Then I realized I didn't have my passport. Then I looked around for a clock, trying to figure out if I had enough time to race home and back. There were two sheets of paper on the wall, each with different times. I asked which sheet of paper had the correct time. People looked at me like I was crazy. So I grabbed someone's wrist, and looked at the time on her watch. I had just enough time. But then, when I got to the parking lot, I'd forgotten where I'd parked. Then, someone I hadn't seen in 30 years said; "Hey! That was a great parking job you did!". I screamed back; "Where did I park!?". She said; "Over there, on the line". She pointed to a sea of cars hidden by trees. So I went over and found my black pickup truck, and went to put my backpack in the red hatchback. Then I realized I didn't have much money on me and I might have forgotten to make my credit card payment so I might be in England penniless! And then, I couldn't figure out why I was going to England!

Then I woke up.

I used to have a worm bin for vermicomposting. Once I was in my back yard tending my square foot garden, and there were a bunch of worms in there making racist comments. They were spouting every epithet in the book. I got so mad and screamed at them, "you racist BLEEP BLEEP. You'll never evolve! You'll always be a BLEEP BLEEP worm!"

Then I woke up.

But I told them!

-Dave K

• #2,328
OmCheeto said:
Someone, who reminds me very much of Richard Feynman, has been coming into my bar, for the last 6 months.

He's a homeless man, with a large, beautiful, and very polite dog, named Spike.

Correction. He is not homeless.

I just mentioned this post to him, and he mentioned someone named Ginsparg. I'd never heard of anyone named Ginsparg, so I asked if he'd said Ginsberg. He said no.

I think Ginsparg might be an interesting character to look into tomorrow.

I have tomorrow off.

• #2,329
Sure is a lot of green in the Online Users list.

edit: After a refresh, now mostly blue.

Last edited:
  • #2,330
Just saw that Lordes was playing tonight.

I'm glad I'm old.

It's freakin' cold outside.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz:zzz:

• #2,331
OmCheeto said:
Just saw that Lordes was playing tonight.

I'm glad I'm old.

It's freakin' cold outside.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz:zzz:
Winter is here.

• #2,332
Evo said:
Winter is here.

So, technically, yesterday, "Winter was coming".

For all Games of Thrones fans.

• #2,333
Gandalf_snow.jpg

FREEZE YOU FOOLS!

• #2,334
I think putting myself through a math degree was a very masochistic thing to do at my age. Or is that mathocistic.

• #2,335
dkotschessaa said:
I used to have a worm bin for vermicomposting. Once I was in my back yard tending my square foot garden, and there were a bunch of worms in there making racist comments. They were spouting every epithet in the book. I got so mad and screamed at them, "you racist BLEEP BLEEP. You'll never evolve! You'll always be a BLEEP BLEEP worm!"

Then I woke up.

But I told them!

-Dave K

Holy ███ ! Talking worms!

• #2,336
OmCheeto said:
Holy ███ ! Talking worms!

Does every one except me know how to redact text? (or are you all just copy pasting)
p.s. what's 24 x 11?

• #2,337
It's SO COOOOOOOOOOOOLD! X|

• #2,338
Enigman said:
Does every one except me know how to redact text? (or are you all just copy pasting)
p.s. what's 24 x 11?

Hmm that is about how many BTU's the average furnace will crank out tonight in Minnesota.:eek:

• #2,339
Enigman said:
p.s. what's 24 x 11?
Answer to question #1:
I just copied and pasted. hmmmm... I think that's pretty much how my entire life has been. hmmmm... Is creativity just pasting a bunch of miscellaneous life copies, with some photoshop at the end?​

Answer to question #2:
24 means you multiply 2 times itself 4 times. So that's 2x2x2x2, which equals 16.

If you multiply 11 by 16, you get 176.

And that's what 24 x 11 is: 176

:smile:

• #2,340
OmCheeto said:
Answer to question #2:
24 means you multiply 2 times itself 4 times. So that's 2x2x2x2, which equals 16.

If you multiply 11 by 16, you get 176.

And that's what 24 x 11 is: 176

:smile:

*google searches for funny pf quotes about 176*

• #2,342
Enigman said:
*google searches for funny pf quotes about 176*

does the same and... wow...

About 9,180,000 results (0.48 seconds)
Search Results
Breakfast of Champions Quotes by Kurt Vonnegut - Goodreads
176 likes · like. “Kilgore Trout once wrote
a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as ...

Chetan Bhagat Quotes (Author of Five Point Someone) - Goodreads
www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/61124.Chetan_Bhagat‎
46 quotes from Chetan Bhagat: 'The world's most sensible person and the biggest ... not even know you exist.” ― Chetan Bhagat, 2 States: The Story of My Marriage · 176 likes ...
Some IITians kill themselves over low grades – how silly is that?

A Midsummer Night's Dream Quotes by William Shakespeare
www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/894834-a-midsummer-night-s-dream‎
81 quotes from A Midsummer Night's Dream: 'Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.' ... A Midsummer Night's Dream Quotes (showing 1-30 of 81) ... tags: comedy, elizabethan, robin- goodfellow ... 176 likes · like. “
Lovers and madmen have such seething brains

Quote by Augusten Burroughs:
I myself am made entirely of flaws ...
www.goodreads.com/quotes/13435-i-myself-am-made-entirely-of-flaws-...‎
Read more quotes from Augusten Burroughs. Share this quote: ... Liked This Quote. To see what your friends thought of this quote, please sign up! ... 176 books

The Rules of Wedding Crashing (From Wedding Crashers)
www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1703635/posts‎
Sep 18, 2006 - Rule #12:
When it stops being fun, break something. Rule #13: ... Rule #14: You' re a distant relative of a dead cousin. Rule #15: Fight the urge ...

Perks of Being a Wallflower quotes
perksquotes.tumblr.com/‎
personal blog submit a quote questions? ...
Perks of Being a Wallflower quotes ... 176 notes. "We can't choose were we come from but we can choose were we ...

Beautiful wallpapers with heartfelt quotes - Reddit
www.reddit.com/r/offensive_wallpapers‎
Submitters will now be able to assign their own link flair to their posts. You can choose between two types of flairs, [SUBTLE] or [OBVIOUS] by
clicking the "flair" ...

27 Survivors Of Sexual Assault Quoting The People Who Attacked ...
www.buzzfeed.com/.../27-survivors-of-sexual-assault-quoting-the-peopl...‎
Sep 18, 2013 - Project Unbreakable is an online photography project that aims to "encourage the act of healing through art. ... between the language of sexual assault and the lyrics of Robin Thicke's “Blurred Lines.” 12. ...
The 30 Most Hilarious Autocorrect Struggles Ever ... Reply · 176 · Like · September 19 at 1:23am.

The Red Green Show - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Green_Show‎
The Red Green Show is a Canadian television comedy that aired on various ... He is also a fan of self help speakers
Anthony Anthony (whom he likes to quote) ...

Is this how people get ideas for writing books?

• #2,345
I don't like David Bowie peddling stuff on TV.