Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
just finished this a while ago.. woot!

finally i can sleep at night peacefully :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
can sum1 tell me how to colorize

Bolos...The riddler is practically giving it away...If you still don't know...try something with the address...

35 is giving me a headache

Hello :-)

I must say this riddle has been a complete challenge to me. I've done pretty well so far but I'm am completely stuck at the second part of 35 and I've been working on it now for close to two weeks and at my wits end. If anyone could please message me and help me out with it I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Alright...Got 35 finished! YAY!
Got the first part of 36 finished!

now the second part of 36...hmmm *pulls out hair* I am not alarmed :-s

figured out so now I have the info
"death is everything"
"Anger -> Depression" "x takes you there etc"

"depression is often anger turned inwards" ~~

cannot figure it out..
please a hint or something=)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized that "blue" is a synonym for sad, depressed etc..

"blue is what takes you there"

cheerless, dark, dejected, depressed, depressing, depressive, despondent, disconsolate, dismal, dispirited, dispiriting, down, downcast, downhearted, gloomy, glum, grim, heavyhearted, low, melancholic, melancholy, morose, sad, unhappy, wistful

tried it with "ness" added to some of the words aswell..comon I am close but cannot get it, HELP! :D

Predoo said:
I just realized that "blue" is a synonym for sad, depressed etc..

"blue is what takes you there"

cheerless, dark, dejected, depressed, depressing, depressive, despondent, disconsolate, dismal, dispirited, dispiriting, down, downcast, downhearted, gloomy, glum, grim, heavyhearted, low, melancholic, melancholy, morose, sad, unhappy, wistful

tried it with "ness" added to some of the words aswell..

comon I am close but cannot get it, HELP! :D

what does take you to depression when you are currently angry?

:D

telling the riddle again is not a clue ;)

I mean I figured out all that, but cannot get the exact word even tho I tried a lot =)

please give me a clue to what the exact word is..

Predoo said:
figured out so now I have the info
"death is everything"
"Anger -> Depression" "x takes you there etc"

"depression is often anger turned inwards" ~~

cannot figure it out..
please a hint or something=)

denial-> anger-> fear-> guilt-> depression-> acceptance

The path to acceptance, I'm still stuck on 32 though so I can't help you :frown:

Sounds like a clever metaphor for word play, try literally turning words inwards?

hmm you might be onto something.. but the "depression is often anger turned inwards" is not from the riddle but from google, so its probably not that..

could be something like fearandguild I guess then ^^ let's try some.

omg I got it lol :D

took some time.. :D

the last one was easy :P

Grats Predoo!

Now if I just stop going bald from trying to get through the second part of 36's lol

Ok, that's it! I can't take it anymore! can someone please give me a hint to the second part of 36? Thank you

as annoying as it is, i need to backtrackto number 32, I've pretty much cruised up to that one, cept that card one gave me trouble, and now i have to use both of them? c so can someone try to explain to me the process, or tell me what's really important to this one, I've been on it for like a week, and am starting to get desperate

stuck too on the 32nd.. can someone give me a hint on what to do with the numbers? hearts(red) = +, diamonds(white) = -.. don't know how to proceed

alright.. got through up to second part of 36 by myself.. hints anyone?

"purple is the answer"... i don't get it

michaelkenji said:
stuck too on the 32nd.. can someone give me a hint on what to do with the numbers? hearts(red) = +, diamonds(white) = -.. don't know how to proceed

You'll have to randomly select the last digits operator I supose. I guess if the number was 365 you would +3 then - 6 at a guess * 5 so you'd have -15 then you'd start from -8 on the wheel and count back to the letter? I haven't tried it yet though so I'm only speculating. What letters turn up when you follow this procedure? Also if it comes up with nonsense try starting from the same place every time. or 0-8

For those that are currently at riddle 36, part 2, try looking in the field of psychology...Specifically...Plutchik...Then ye shall know what to do. :)

I'm apparently missing something. I've tried everything related to Plutchik and still am not figuring it out. Wish I knew about him on the second part of 35, but for the second part of 36 I'm just not getting it. :-(

yea this is getting sad...i looked up Plutchik and I am getting no where..but i can do it..i just need 2 knwo what I am looking for...

Me too, I've tried every single thing he had up there, Tried his theories name and so on and so forth. This stinks to get this far and then get stumped.

Ok. I am going to practically give it away...

http://www.fractal.org/Bewustzijns-Besturings-Model/Plutchikfig6.gif

In the above pic, look at where anger and fear are. No where near each other. But, look at the colors. Anger is red, but fear is NOT blue: its green. So therefore go to where purple is. Try those words, and their synonyms...If you still don't get it...That's sad...

I saw absolutely no chart that looked like that on any of the stuff I looked at. So thank you from my pathetic self lol

thanks for the link, chris.. i seem to have tried everything that google/yahoo gave me as synonyms for the words in the purple region but still nada..

is the answer a single word or a combination? a noun or verb? is it really "everywhere in these lands"?

this is the last step and i don't want to give up... :cry:

PRAISE ALL THINGS THAT BE! I thought I was the only one who lost my brain cells on the past 35., to not be able to figure it out. I've used combinations of words, I used all the purples ,,,I've used every single word there PLUS their synonyms, Plus putting all of them together in one form or another. I went by theory, I went by chart, I went by color blending, and the answer still eludes me like the winning numbers on a lottery ticket.

help on level 36. i don't get the "colorize " thing.

Ok, Now I realize why I didn't get it for so long. IT WAS TO EASY! was looking for everything but the obvious DOH!

Thank you to those of you who tried to pull me through it and was supportive :-)

Anyone who needs hints to anything feel free to PM me at any time

anyone know when part 2 might be coming out?

Chris J: In about a week.

level 36 is giving me a headache!

@pickles you got pm.

Hi guys... I just started the riddle... but I'm stuck on number 5.
that's the part where you have the ^4 clue.
I already did the math... but i stll don't get it's connection with the dark church or the screaming ghost. Anybody can give me a hint please? thanks!