Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #5,321
cronxeh said:
Moonbear..
sheep.gif

I'm no expert on sheep.. but I know a sheep when I see one :biggrin:

http://www.serta.com.au/images/Sheep-Mob.jpg
I[/URL] love these sheep. :!) :!) :!) These sheep are male though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #5,322
Danger said:
Thanks for adding that; I couldn't play the first one.
That cat picked a dumb time to let go. It could have taken out the cameraman if it had held on another 10th of a second or so.

The gift that keeps on giving...
I know that dating can be tough on a guy like you, Cronxeh, but this is the first time that I've ever seen someone have to resort to inflatable sheep.

One inflatable sheep coming up!
http://www.muttonbone.com/

I love the graphic on the bottom of the page that says, "Let those sheep get some sleep." :smile:

• #5,323
Craps said:
Moonbear, you have a very impressive avatar.
WHOO! another noob! I'm just getting higher and higher in the chain! :biggrin:

• #5,324
Evo said:
But it works.

The version of Norton on my laptop notifies me if a website I go to tries to send anything like adware or spyware, etc... It quarantines the files and asks me what I want to do. It's nice because it stops the stuff before it affects the computer.

then you must be using IE

Firefox or Opera don't have this problem of AdWare, and using IE + Norton will NOT protect you from getting an adware

• #5,325
cronxeh said:
then you must be using IE

Firefox or Opera don't have this problem of AdWare, and using IE + Norton will NOT protect you from getting an adware
Actually, it has prevented me from getting adware. It's not the version for consumer (or even small business) use. The consumer version I have on my home computer does not prevent adware, however. I've hit the same website with both my computers, my laptop blocked the adware, and notified me, my home computer installed it, then when I ran a scan it showed up and I had to run the unistall tool to remove it.

Large businesses will not use firefox or opera.

• #5,326
I read a whitepaper on IE bug about a year ago and I think so did the people who write those adware/trojan/virii kind of 'plugs' - basically there is no way to fix Internet Explorer without redoing Windows

• #5,327
I've never cared for IE, I preferred Netscape Navigator back in the olden days of yore, but was forced to use IE for work. That was so many years ago, I've forgotten what I disliked about it. Honestly though, I have never experienced any problems with it.

• #5,328
well I don't know what kind of sites you go to, obviously not same kind most guys go to :smile:

• #5,329
cronxeh said:
well I don't know what kind of sites you go to, obviously not same kind most guys go to :smile:
Good point.

• #5,330
cronxeh said:

Yes, all the more reason to have protection when entering those sites! :biggrin:

• #5,331
where's Doc? My neighbor's tortoise ran away from home yesterday so I went out looking for him. I wasn't sure where to hunt for him, but I was checking shady spots under bushes, etc. How long will he be able to survive outside?

• #5,332
You can't catch a tortise?

I think we're getting close to killing this thread. The posts per day are getting lesser and lesser

• #5,333
what do you expect

Its Spring. Everyone is tending to their hormonal activities

• #5,334
No, it's just that I've been away from home for a while. I'm back now and the posts per day will pick back up to their ordinary level. Isn't that special?

Got that virus gone. Thank goodness.

• #5,335
cronxeh said:
what do you expect

Is that why the tortoise took off?

• #5,336
yomamma said:
You can't catch a tortise?
They run like the wind, just ask Danger.

ROGER! :cry:

• #5,337
Math Is Hard said:
How long will he be able to survive outside?
50 to 60 years, depending on his present age.

• #5,338
Huckleberry said:
Isn't that special?
You need to italicize the word special.

• #5,339
I'm sure the tortoise will be able to find food, but I'm worried about him being able to find water to drink.

• #5,340
Math Is Hard said:
I'm sure the tortoise will be able to find food, but I'm worried about him being able to find water to drink.
If it is any kind of local species I wouldn't worry a bit about it. They probably suck on dewy grass in the nights and mornings. If it's an import from somewhere wetter, then it could be a problem.

• #5,341
zoobyshoe said:
You need to italicize the word special.
I like to leave things open for interpretation.

• #5,342
Moonbear said:
One inflatable sheep coming up!
http://www.muttonbone.com/

I love the graphic on the bottom of the page that says, "Let those sheep get some sleep." :smile:
Do I even want to know why you just happen to have that link on hand?

Huckleberry said:
No, it's just that I've been away from home for a while. I'm back now and the posts per day will pick back up to their ordinary level. Isn't that special?

Got that virus gone. Thank goodness.
Welcome back. Did you wash your hands before returning?

Math Is Hard said:
Is that why the tortoise took off?
That would depend upon just what the owner's hormonal activities entailed.

Evo said:
They run like the wind, just ask Danger.
Only the red-eared ones.

• #5,343
cronxeh said:
what do you expect

I wish! :rolleyes: It's been two warm days this weekend. It rained a little while this morning, but the rest of the weekend has been sunny, so I've been getting the tons of outdoor projects done that have needed doing for a long time now, but haven't been done because it keeps raining. Haven't seen hide nor hair of kittens all weekend, so I think their mom must have moved them. Good, since I also discovered there's a robin's nest up in the tree next to the deck, and I'd rather be certain the baby robins are not going to turn into kitten food. Though, those robins have one tough mother...I felt a bit bad for the squirrel that was trying to climb the tree and was quite badly harrassed (but that's what alerted me to look up to see if there is a nest there). Well, I planted flowers today, so there are now plenty of earthworms stirred up again for the robins. :smile: They were busy tending the babies today, so didn't want to play catch...ast time I was gardening for a while, a robin hung out not even 10 ft from me while I tossed it earthworms I was digging up. :biggrin:

Hey, the smilies are rearranged again! :bugeye: How does that keep happening?

• #5,344
Moonbear said:
Hey, the smilies are rearranged again! :bugeye: How does that keep happening?
Yeah, who keeps doing that? IT'S REALLY IRRITATING!

Mother cats usually move their kittens several times. Now, the two kittens will grow up and next year all three will be back pregnant and have six kittens each. That happened to me a couple of years ago. They knew I was a source of food and water, so all three showed up ready to have their kittens. :frown: Overnight, 21 cats! I only found homes for three and had to take the rest to the shelter where I know they were put to sleep. :cry:

• #5,345
Evo said:
Mother cats usually move their kittens several times. Now, the two kittens will grow up and next year all three will be back pregnant and have six kittens each. That happened to me a couple of years ago. They knew I was a source of food and water, so all three showed up ready to have their kittens. :frown: Overnight, 21 cats! I only found homes for three and had to take the rest to the shelter where I know they were put to sleep. :cry:

Yeah, she probably got nervous about me sticking my head under the deck trying to get a look at the kitties. I've been planning to get some chicken wire or something to close up under the deck to keep the critters out. There's some wood lattice already up, but some of it isn't really attached anymore and the rest has enough space under it to make it useless.

• #5,346
sleepless day 3

• #5,347
Took these pics on a trip through the woods this weekend. The blooming trees reminded me of fireworks, or floraworks in this case. The other has potential to be my next avatar. :approve: (sorry Evo)

• #5,348
Neat snake. It looks like you just told it a funny joke.

I don't think the ladies will be spending that much time looking at the snake though.

• #5,349
DocToxyn said:
Took these pics on a trip through the woods this weekend. The blooming trees reminded me of fireworks, or floraworks in this case. The other has potential to be my next avatar. :approve: (sorry Evo)

Aww, that's a cute snake...I prefer them as babies with a mouth still smaller than your finger. And that one looks like it's trying so hard to act vicious. :biggrin:

But, sorry, we're still biased toward turtle watching. :-p

• #5,350
I've heard that baby snakes of venemous species are more likely to give fatal bites because they inject all their venom. Are they more dangerous or was this just something my mother told me to keep me away from snakes?

• #5,351
Huckleberry said:
I've heard that baby snakes of venemous species are more likely to give fatal bites because they inject all their venom. Are they more dangerous or was this just something my mother told me to keep me away from snakes?
Everyone around here from Joe on the street to the newscasters say the same thing: baby rattlesnakes give the worst bites. The older ones control how much venom they inject depending on the purpose of the bite. The babies inject all they have anytime they bite. Is this true? Only your herpetologist knows for sure.

• #5,352
DocToxyn said:
The other has potential to be my next avatar.
I think your frog is one of the best avatars around, and would miss it.

The snake in the picture looks to me like a common garter snake. I wouldn't think it an appropriately toxyc critter for DocToxyn.

• #5,353
zoobyshoe said:

The snake in the picture looks to me like a common garter snake. I wouldn't think it an appropriately toxyc critter for DocToxyn.

Don't worry, as soon as I told him the snake is cute, that should have killed any desire to use it as an avatar. He's been getting frustrated that I call all his avatars cute in his quest for an appropriately "toxyc" looking one. :biggrin:

Oh, franzbear, honey, your Auntie Evo needs some help cutting down a tree branch. Why don't you stand under the branch so you can catch it and the saw she drops when it cuts through so it doesn't knock her off her ladder? Now run along.

• #5,354
Moonbear said:
Don't worry, as soon as I told him the snake is cute, that should have killed any desire to use it as an avatar. He's been getting frustrated that I call all his avatars cute in his quest for an appropriately "toxyc" looking one. :biggrin:

Oh, franzbear, honey, your Auntie Evo needs some help cutting down a tree branch. Why don't you stand under the branch so you can catch it and the saw she drops when it cuts through so it doesn't knock her off her ladder? Now run along.

Dangit!, I knew...I knew I shouldn't have mentioned anything about avatars with Moonbear around... :smile: . Back to the drawing board.

• #5,355
zoobyshoe said:

Thanks, although one of the Dendrobates species would be a suitably more toxic species than the rather tame Agalychnis callidryas.

Yes that is indeed a common garter, Thamnophis sirtalis, pretty easy to find around here, in fact I caught two yesterday. Both individuals were rather upset and in addition to the gaping and striking, they both flattened out their bodies to attempt to appear larger, however, neither exuded the stinky musk that many others of their species do.

Back