Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
Bacle2 said:
I've always been curious--but too lazy to do the actual research --to understand some issues of dog behavior.
Why does a dog seem so happy to see you after you have left home, you've pat him/her goodbye, and then returned home, after a few minutes,because you forgot something? I mean, you've been gone for 2 minutes, yet the dog jumps on you like he had not seen you in years. And you can iterate this a few times, leaving and coming back after 2 minutes , and each time the dog will react in exactly the same way.

I asked this at another one of the big ASPCA events, where they try to push a dog on you. I got away from it by pointing-out to them they did not have my favorite dog. No one knew the answer.

Dogs think you are their pack leader, so they are happy to see you.

Apparently the time does matter, somewhat. The longer you are away the more "intense" the greeting (I've read actual "studies" on this) but only up to a certain point.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Follow up to surgery appointment today. First day without painkillers. Time to get back to doing some work, and I suddenly have a very short classical guitar performance to prepare for. Man, I miss painkillers and mindless video games.

One of my co-workers described me last night as a mixture between Bill Nye the Science Guy and Mr. Rodgers.

No one has ever complimented me in such a way before :biggrin:

AnTiFreeze3 said:
One of my co-workers described me last night as a mixture between Bill Nye the Science Guy and Mr. Rodgers.

No one has ever complimented me in such a way before :biggrin:

I keep getting told I look like Mark Zuckerberg.

I think that should entitle me to some of his money.

dkotschessaa said:
I keep getting told I look like Mark Zuckerberg.

I think that should entitle me to some of his money.
By that logic I should be entitled to some of Terrence McKenna's mushrooms. I don't want them, though.

zoobyshoe said:
By that logic I should be entitled to some of Terrence McKenna's mushrooms. I don't want them, though.

How about his drug-addled, slathering fans that whoop and holler as if every word he says is pure genius?

Thunder thunder thunder... Where's the rain?

Gad said:
Thunder thunder thunder... Where's the rain?

Good chance it's coming here later this week.

We are in line for T-storms tonight. Inconvenient because I have already had to to delay spraying my fruit trees. I use a hose-end sprayer loaded with canola oil so I can smother pests and their eggs to protect the fruit.

Giada De Laurentis, could she find a more tasteless dress? This is what she wore to the Emmy Awards. Looks like her dress fell down a few inches.

attachment.php?attachmentid=59687&d=1371594530.jpg

Attachments

• Giada tacky.jpg
    Giada tacky.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 417
Allergies are bad today

Evo said:
Giada De Laurentis, could she find a more tasteless dress? This is what she wore to the Emmy Awards. Looks like her dress fell down a few inches.

Jeez, her head looks photoshopped on.

ImATrackMan said:
She has a huge head.

Evo said:
She has a huge head.

Filled with knowledge about what to wear at the Emmy's.

I just realized that I don't really like to write a diary.

Gad said:
I just realized that I don't really like to write a diary.

Thursday. This cute boy looked at me while I was out getting coffee today. I still got it :smile:

Friday. I wasn't feeling too well so I stayed home for most of the day and watched TV.

Saturday. Why do I use this thing?

Have to oil the fruit trees tomorrow. Looks like we'll have a couple of dry warm days in store. That should allow the oil-water mix to penetrate crevices in the bark and kill off insect pests and their eggs.

My local newspaper has a list of summer classes available through Pima County Parks and Recreation, they include:

For the kids, there are pottery, tennis and martial arts classes. For you, there are art, jewelry, pottery, tennis, fitness, self-defense, preparing for death and firearms instruction and safety classes.

I am wondering if there are any prerequisites for the preparing for death class? Do I have to complete art, jewelry, pottery, tennis, fitness, and self defense first? Can my time in the military be counted as a self defense class? :confused:

Funny how they put, preparing for death, just before firearms instruction. :devil:

edward said:
Funny how they put, preparing for death, just before firearms instruction. :devil:
:eek: That would make me question the firearms instructor.

AnTiFreeze3 said:
Thursday. This cute boy looked at me while I was out getting coffee today. I still got it :smile:

Friday. I wasn't feeling too well so I stayed home for most of the day and watched TV.

Saturday. Why do I use this thing?

You call this a dairy?.. And I thought I have a gold fish memory. :biggrin:

Gad said:
You call this a dairy?.. And I thought I have a gold fish memory. :biggrin:

:biggrin:

This is a diary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q34z5dCmC4M

oops wrong thread :-p

lisab said:
This is a diary:

Now THAT IS a diary. :-p

No, it is an existentialist rant.

Borek said:
No, it is an existentialist rant.

Well, still, a diary. Since the couple diaries I wrote were all rants. :biggrin:

lisab said:
This is a diary:

OMG it's dangerous for me to laugh that hard with these stitches in my belly. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPnY2NjSjrg

It's difficult not to read all posts in this thread in existentialist cat's voice.

Last edited:
Bandersnatch said:
It's difficult not to real all posts in this thread in existentialist cat's voice.

:smile: oh great now that voice is in my head...

lisab said:
:smile: oh great now that voice is in my head...
The forum members have put this disturbing voice in my head. Their mad Random Thoughts diary has no end. My ennui is complete.

dkotschessaa said:
Dogs think you are their pack leader, so they are happy to see you.

Apparently the time does matter, somewhat. The longer you are away the more "intense" the greeting (I've read actual "studies" on this) but only up to a certain point.

Thanks, Cesar M., I mean Dave. I guess if the dog could talk/sing, he would go " leader of the pack, master of the house...

turbo said:
We are in line for T-storms tonight. Inconvenient because I have already had to to delay spraying my fruit trees. I use a hose-end sprayer loaded with canola oil so I can smother pests and their eggs to protect the fruit.

Do you really mean " I already had to delay spraying my fruit trees", or are you using some hip new slang?

Evo said:

ImATrackMan said:

So she shows up to Emmy Awards, and Giada, Giada, she can barely walk straight because of the weight of her head.

I heard of an actual case like that; an unfortuate teenager whose head was so big in relation to his body ( how big was it?) that he had trouble keeping balance when walking, or even standing up.

Bacle2 said:
I heard of an actual case like that; an unfortuate teenager whose head was so big in relation to his body ( how big was it?) that he had trouble keeping balance when walking, or even standing up.
I just read a novel in which the behind-the-scenes engineering/science analysts of some organization were referred to, derogatorily, as, "the fifty pound heads."

zoobyshoe said:
I just read a novel in which the behind-the-scenes engineering/science analysts of some organization were referred to, derogatorily, as, "the fifty pound heads."

Makes me think about movie "The Brain".

Last edited: