Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
lisab said:

This is what happens when certain states legalize the inhalation of smoke from a particular burning plant.

That is the silliest map on the continent.

--------------------------------------
ps. Shut up! I do not live in
bl.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
So the doctor recommended that I wear a glasses with antireflective layer for reading/surfing the net so eye muscles won't get stressed out causing these 'eye-aches' that I complain about... I got to say that I look different.. Like a nerd. :biggrin:

It seems today was either the aniversary of JFK's visit to Berlin, or close to the anniversary.

Still, why does no one talk about his visit to other German cities:
"Ich bin ein Frankfurter"
"Ich bin ein Hamburger"

Bacle2 said:
It seems today was either the aniversary of JFK's visit to Berlin, or close to the anniversary.

Still, why does no one talk about his visit to other German cities:
"Ich bin ein Frankfurter"
"Ich bin ein Hamburger"
I'm no German, so I can't say anything authoritative on it, but at least the wikipedia calls the whole "ein Berliner" vs "Berliner" a myth. I'm inclined to agree, as it's hard to imagine JFK hiring a crappy translator.

But it might be just a conspiracy to hide the truth.

(still in Exi-cat's voice)

It's avocado season. 3 for 99 cents. I cut them in half, take out the pit, then spoon the delicious, nutty green stuff into my mouth, as if it were pudding. 4 or 5 dozen a day. However, I would not eat green eggs and ham.

How much are avocados where you live?

zoobyshoe said:
It's avocado season. 3 for 99 cents. I cut them in half, take out the pit, then spoon the delicious, nutty green stuff into my mouth, as if it were pudding. 4 or 5 dozen a day. However, I would not eat green eggs and ham.

Sometimes they're on sale for $1 each, and very tiny. But I often see them for 2 for $5, and not worth it.

zoobyshoe said:

In New Zealand we can get around that same price in the right seasons. Not too much a fan of avocados though. Certain experiences from working in a fast food store can ruin your perceptions about certain food

Last edited:
Evo said:
Sometimes they're on sale for $1 each, and very tiny. But I often see them for 2 for $5, and not worth it.
That's really sad.

I hear tell, though I've never tried it, that if a person drives east for about an hour where the avocado groves are, you can buy a bushel for $5. Transportation really drives up the cost.
wukunlin said:
Certain experiences from working in a fast food store can ruin your perceptions about certain food
That's why I gave up eating Rat-In-A-Can. Too many avocado bits in it.

zoobyshoe said:
That's why I gave up eating Rat-In-A-Can. Too many avocado bits in it.

And I couldn't find a better time to read this except when I'm eating.

zoobyshoe said:

Medium ones were 2 for $1 today. And they were gooooooood :biggrin:. I like to eat them like pudding too, but I certainly could not eat 4 or 5 dozen a day!

Yet I would at least taste green eggs and ham.

Gad said:
And I couldn't find a better time to read this except when I'm eating.
That's why I gave up reading while eating Rat-In-A-Can.
lisab said:
Medium ones were 2 for $1 today.
That's not bad. In the off season here they're usually about 89 cents each, which I think is too much, but 50 cents each is not bad at all.
And they were gooooooood :biggrin:. I like to eat them like pudding too, but I certainly could not eat 4 or 5 dozen a day!
I was exaggerating a little. I think the most I've eaten is three in a day.
If they came from green chickens and pigs I might try them. Otherwise I'd just suspect mold.

Today, they had figs at the salad bar.

I'd forgotten that the skin was edible.

I spent some time skinning that little bugger.

Then, I was like; "I wonder..."

:smile:

OmCheeto said:
Today, they had figs at the salad bar.

I'd forgotten that the skin was edible.

I spent some time skinning that little bugger.

Then, I was like; "I wonder..."

:smile:

Haha, this reminds me of fig bars. *plans to get some soon*

After 10 years, this still gives me headaches:

a099K6d_460s.jpg

That said, this is 10 years ago... I feel old.

micromass said:
a099K6d_460s.jpg

WT... Is this English?

Gad said:
WT... Is this English?

Please tell me you've seen that movie before...

micromass said:
Please tell me you've seen that movie before...

Hmm, I don't-think-so, the character seems familiar though...

yeah I've had worse headaches but still :S

micromass said:
That said, this is 10 years ago... I feel old.

Actually more like almost 12, 2001. Holy s*.*!

Gad said:
Hmm, I don't-think-so, the character seems familiar though...

He looks familiar, because he is not wearing the ring. With the ring he would not look at all.

Oh, crap. I'm seriously trying to be responsible and get up early tomorrow without insomnia, but it's not going so well thus far.

ambien-walrus-says-lets-do-this.gif

Two more for the Finnegan Wake file:

1)Help children with cancer.

2) You're the man. What do you mean? You mean good job, or you mean I'm the one who controls things behind the scenes? So, is it "You're the man" , or " You're "The Man" ?

zoobyshoe said:

3 for a buck for the hass ones. Those I prefer. Smaller but more flavorful. My wife grew up with the larger ones (I guess they grew in Puerto rico) but those are usually almost a dollar each.

I wish they were cheaper. I need good fat in my diet and avocados are about the best non-meat source there is.

BTW, take two of those
about half a tomato, or one plum tomato (less gushy)
a quarter of an onion (or use a pearl onion)
1 jalepeno
a couple cloves of garlic
a whole lime

and you've the most wonderful guacamole ever. Only downside is the amount of corn chips I end up munching on with this. Yes, of course you can have it with some kind of vegetable, but... c'mon now.

-Dave K

lisab said:
Medium ones were 2 for $1 today. And they were gooooooood :biggrin:. I like to eat them like pudding too, but I certainly could not eat 4 or 5 dozen a day!

We actually made this once. At least green (scrambled) eggs.

Objectively it shouldn't have tasted any different, and I suppose it didn't..but...it was so...green.

Someone stop Paula Deen please.

dkotschessaa said:
3 for a buck for the hass ones. Those I prefer. Smaller but more flavorful. My wife grew up with the larger ones (I guess they grew in Puerto rico) but those are usually almost a dollar each.

I wish they were cheaper. I need good fat in my diet and avocados are about the best non-meat source there is.

BTW, take two of those
about half a tomato, or one plum tomato (less gushy)
a quarter of an onion (or use a pearl onion)
1 jalepeno
a couple cloves of garlic
a whole lime

and you've the most wonderful guacamole ever. Only downside is the amount of corn chips I end up munching on with this. Yes, of course you can have it with some kind of vegetable, but... c'mon now.

-Dave K

Why don't you get some of the healthier chips? There are plenty different ones.

Bacle2 said:
Why don't you get some of the healthier chips? There are plenty different ones.

Cuz if I'm going to have ____, I'm just going to go ahead and have ____, you know?

collinsmark said:
ambien-walrus-says-lets-do-this.gif
Hi, my name is Evo and I have been the victim of the dreaded "Ambien Walrus".

dkotschessaa said:
Lol, and Rachel "I am clueless" Ray.

dkotschessaa said:

Evo said:
Lol, and Rachel "I am clueless" Ray.

Wow.

I just realized I have, all along, assumed these were the same people.

I don't have a TV, so my knowledge of pop culture is a bit lacking :biggrin:.

lisab said:
my knowledge of pop culture

What is a pop culture?

Makes me think either about Escherichia coli, or about an elegant way of exploding.

Borek said:
He looks familiar, because he is not wearing the ring. With the ring he would not look at all.

Shoot! Of course!

Goodness, I can't believe it either.. But I'm old already, I couldn't remember the movie.:cry:

Borek said:

I guess it's still in his pocket...

Golf can be really fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAONkS06LFU