Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
lisab said:
It's always something.

And now, it's something completely different.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think i have messiah complex...

Evo said:
The black dot is obviously an alien implant.

Clearly. No wonder he is so intelligent.:biggrin:

Cloudy dreary days are perfect for Physics Lecture Videos.

Sighing... I want to be a freelancer but it seems too hard for me to find a customer. There were and are times I can't figure out what to do and where to start. Everything is started from $$#, isn't it ?

HeLiXe said:
Clearly. No wonder he is so intelligent.:biggrin:

Sure, I agree.

Please be sure that I am very stupid and don't have a good anger management skill.
Anyway, cheers!

I used to think one had to be in love to write a love song and anyone who did write one was an idiot...that was before I wrote one this evening...:confused:

And I dare anyone to call me an idiot :mad:
*Rubbing my hands in psychopathic glee*

Enigman said:
I used to think one had to be in love to write a love song and anyone who did write one was an idiot...that was before I wrote one this evening...:confused:

And I dare anyone to call me an idiot :mad:
*Rubbing my hands in psychopathic glee*

So, are you falling in love?

lisab said:
So, are you falling in love?

Love and all that entails is just evolutionary baggage that I would rather not carry...
So no not in love, not with a human any way. Though there was this one grand lady called the Universe.

I'd like to read yours Enigman, if you don't mind.

Enigman said:
An issue that puts me in mind of Anthony Burgess' character, Enderby:

A.Burgess said:
Enderby's attitude to love-poetry was dispassionate, impersonal, professional. The worst love-poems, he had always contended, were the most sincere: the lover's palpitating emotions-all too personal, with an all too particular object-all too often got in the way of the ideal, the universal. A love-poem should address itself to an idea of a loved one. Platonism could take in ideal breasts, an ideal underarm odour, an ideal unsatisfactory coitus, as well as the smooth-browed intellectual wraith of the old sonneteers...

More: http://www.litmir.net/br/?b=39582&p=8

Last edited by a moderator:
zoobyshoe said:
Eh? You're going to leave because your juice passed its expiration date?

Sorry, no :frown:

Whenever I get into those weird moods and write something like that, I try to make it sound as dramatic as possible. For some reason, that "good-bye to you" part seemed to fit well, so I kept it. In the back of my mind, I was afraid that some people would, rightly so, think that I was leaving the forum.

I'm here to stay.

Evo said:
WHAT? You are NOT leaving. COME BACK HERE!

:cry: He's kidding, right? ANTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Sawwy :frown:

I knew I shouldn't have included that part in there.

OMG! I was about to kill our poor little kitten :cry:

I almost stepped on her, and it's not the first time. This reminds me of the poor hamster that I stepped on :frown:

AnTiFreeze3 said:

Whenever I get into those weird moods and write something like that, I try to make it sound as dramatic as possible. For some reason, that "good-bye to you" part seemed to fit well, so I kept it. In the back of my mind, I was afraid that some people would, rightly so, think that I was leaving the forum.

I'm here to stay.
Yes, I wasn't sure if it was a goodbye from AnTiFreezewithjuiceavatar, or from AnTiFreeze in general. Glad it was not the latter.

Gad said:

I almost stepped on her, and it's not the first time. This reminds me of the poor hamster that I stepped on :frown:

(I know I already posted this in the kitty thread :biggrin:)

AnTiFreeze3 said:
Sawwy :frown:

I knew I shouldn't have included that part in there.

Glad you're back! Don't make us worry next time!

lisab said:
(I know I already posted this in the kitty thread :biggrin:)

Lol lisab, what I did was completely different. My sister rushed to hold the kitten while, she said, I got freaked out screaming 'don't say it, don't say it, don't say it.' I don't know what exactly, but maybe I didn't want to hear that the cat is hurt. This made me think of handcuffing my feet so I can move cautiously. :devil:

Sigh, I'm just glad I didn't hurt the little kitten.

Gad said:
I'd like to read yours Enigman, if you don't mind.
Sorry, as much as I'm tempted to share it I really shouldn't. :(

But as an apology I wrote an epitah for the hamster.
Gad said:

An epitah

Good bye little one,
Now rest in peace,
For all your life you've done but run,
And while it lasted we had good fun.Good bye little one,
Our hearts seem empty,
Now that you have gone.

Good bye little one,
Now rest in peace,
And never let St. Peter,
Have even a bit of ease...

:p sorry just couldn't resist the last bit.

AnTiFreeze3 said:

Whenever I get into those weird moods and write something like that...

I can relate...for eg.

Welcome back Anti!
May glory be you,
And may Evo never again cry NOOOOOOOOO!
May you never freeze,
Not at triple point, not even at the point which happens to be my I.Q.
Welcome back Anti!
May Glory be you!
May you never freeze,
Nor your posts ever cease!
:p

Last edited:
Likes 1 person
I am taking 2 exams tomorrow, one will be about green laser and optics in the morning and another about general knowledge of optical technology in the afternoon. Hopefully I will not fail both.

inotyce said:
I am taking 2 exams tomorrow, one will be about green laser and optics in the morning and another about general knowledge of optical technology in the afternoon. Hopefully I will not fail both.

My condolences fellow traveler.
I wish you strength.
(Really not in the mood for another bad poem...)

Last edited:
Evo said:
...Since I was a small child I could stop a dream, rewind it and change it going forward. I called it "directed dreaming" since I'd never heard of anyone doing what I could do.

You could lucid dream as a child? ?!?
It took me more than a month to learn to do it...
Oh to anyone who is interested there are a number of apps in Google play for lucid dreaming.
But I learned about them after I could do it without any help. *cry*

Gad said:

We got a 7 week old puppy a few days ago, and he has this habit of running right next to your legs. I haven't stepped on him yet, but I've definitely turned around and clocked him in the face (on accident) a few times :frown:

Can I claim part of Antarctica?

I see there is still some available spots. And regarding the treaty, doesn't that just mean you can not agree to it and then it doesn't apply (less le Jus Jogens).

Hmmmm... :smile:

Cold hearted orb
That rules the night
Removes the colours
From our sight
Red is gray and
Yellow white
But we decide
Which is right
And
Which is an Illusion

that's my post on the,

" Free will is an illusion? "
topic, that evo closed as i was writing my post,
it was funny.

krash661 said:
Cold hearted orb
That rules the night
Removes the colours
From our sight
Red is gray and
Yellow white
But we decide
Which is right
And
Which is an Illusion

that's my post on the,

" Free will is an illusion? "
topic, that evo closed as i was writing my post,
it was funny.
A Moody blues song?

I saw a B&W Brittany today. I used to "steal" my neighbors' Brittany in college. Bilbo was ignored by his mistress and the kids, and he would come to me when I called his name. We would walk the abandoned railroad bed between Orono and Old Town at least once a day. Never once did the woman across the street thank me for exercising their dog, though I would walk him for 1/2 hour to an hour every day. Bilbo walked me as much as I walked him, so we both benefited.

Hewwwwwwrah! Just drove by the most terrifying fire I've ever seen: three huge palm trees growing together at the side of the highway were up in flames. Trees + flames, probably 200 feet high.

I was southbound and the tree fire was on the northbound side, thank God for me. As I passed it, I must have been at least 100 feet away, but could feel the heat even through the window.

Here's the terrifying part: these trees were right next to an elevated onramp or offramp and flames were licking the side of this ramp, and cars were up there driving through the flames!

No firetrucks or police were on the scene yet. Freakin' crazy!

zoobyshoe said:
Hewwwwwwrah! Just drove by the most terrifying fire I've ever seen: three huge palm trees growing together at the side of the highway were up in flames. Trees + flames, probably 200 feet high.

I was southbound and the tree fire was on the northbound side, thank God for me. As I passed it, I must have been at least 100 feet away, but could feel the heat even through the window.

Here's the terrifying part: these trees were right next to an elevated onramp or offramp and flames were licking the side of this ramp, and cars were up there driving through the flames!

No firetrucks or police were on the scene yet. Freakin' crazy!

Did you take a photo?

Enigman said:
Did you take a photo?

I was driving. No.

Wouldn't stop me...but few things can stop me when I have a camera in my hand.

3 years married to my sweety. (That's spelled correctly. I'm sweetie, she's sweety).

We met on the bus in 6th grade. She asked me for my phone number, and I, being very intimidated by girls, masking my nervousness with humor, said "1-900-909-DAVE." We were friends in middle school, lost touch for a bit, found each other again in high school by which point I didn't recognize her, but nonetheless began chasing this hot girl around, who totally ignored me. We became friends again, and except for the occasional random out of nowhere kiss, we were just friends, though we promised that if we weren't married by the time we were 30 we'd look each other up and get married.

We lost touch for 15 years.

Found each other again about 5 years ago and started dating long distance, PA to Florida. We both lost our mothers a year apart, but before that, both our parents advised us, in their own ways, "don't screw it up." I moved to Florida and we got married, had a very extended honeymoon. We have been having a blast. We are the silliest two people you'll ever see together. She's awesome. I'm so lucky.

-Dave K

dkotschessaa said:
3 years married to my sweety. (That's spelled correctly. I'm sweetie, she's sweety).

We met on the bus in 6th grade. She asked me for my phone number, and I, being very intimidated by girls, masking my nervousness with humor, said "1-900-909-DAVE." We were friends in middle school, lost touch for a bit, found each other again in high school by which point I didn't recognize her, but nonetheless began chasing this hot girl around, who totally ignored me. We became friends again, and except for the occasional random out of nowhere kiss, we were just friends, though we promised that if we weren't married by the time we were 30 we'd look each other up and get married.

We lost touch for 15 years.

Found each other again about 5 years ago and started dating long distance, PA to Florida. We both lost our mothers a year apart, but before that, both our parents advised us, in their own ways, "don't screw it up." I moved to Florida and we got married, had a very extended honeymoon. We have been having a blast. We are the silliest two people you'll ever see together. She's awesome. I'm so lucky.

-Dave K

That is sooo sweet :). And this is coming from someone who believes that love is redundant. Nice to be proven wrong sometimes [though I still ain't going to do it :p] Happy anniversary! And of course don't mess it up ;)