Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
  • #1,541
No, but I am thinking about using my heel.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,542
Gave blood at the Red Cross bus today. No one spoke like a pirate, so it was a bit of a let down, but they did create a red cross around my arm with tape, so that was kind of piraty.

• #1,543
Borek said:
I give up. TL-WN725N v2 won't work with Raspbian and my router using DHCP.

Actually after spending last two days trying to configure it I think I am going to explode. Dongle works out of the box with DHCP under XBMC, my other Pi works without any problems with some older Raspbian, DHCP and TL-WN725N v1, using current Raspbian and TL-WN725N v2 I can see my home wireless with iwlist scan, but I can't connect and get IP from DHCP. No, nil, null, zilch, nada. Whatever.
smiley27.jpg

You need a beer my man.

• #1,544
Got my flu shot yesterday. Double dose = Old man

• #1,545
Borek said:
I give up. TL-WN725N v2 won't work with Raspbian and my router using DHCP.

Actually after spending last two days trying to configure it I think I am going to explode. Dongle works out of the box with DHCP under XBMC, my other Pi works without any problems with some older Raspbian, DHCP and TL-WN725N v1, using current Raspbian and TL-WN725N v2 I can see my home wireless with iwlist scan, but I can't connect and get IP from DHCP. No, nil, null, zilch, nada. Whatever.
:frown:
Life was easier once;
rebooting.jpg

• #1,546
lisab said:
Oh yes, a fairly common sight here too, but from 20 or 30 feet (are our clams tougher here :biggrin:?).
Mussels, not clams.

But only the dumber ones do the dropping.
The smart ones hang out on the ground, waiting to swoop onto just-dropped clams.
Yup, same over here, but I once saw a really dumb one dropping a shell several times onto a patch of mud. Maybe it was competing in a bird-brain contest, or starting cargo-cult religion.

• #1,547
Evo said:
Gave blood at the Red Cross bus today. No one spoke like a pirate, so it was a bit of a let down, but they did create a red cross around my arm with tape, so that was kind of piraty.

I think I'd be worried if a phlebotomist came to me with a needle saying, "Arrrg! Gimmee yer arm, wench!"

• #1,548
AlephZero said:
Mussels, not clams.

Yup, same over here, but I once saw a really dumb one dropping a shell several times onto a patch of mud. Maybe it was competing in a bird-brain contest, or starting cargo-cult religion.

That made me :smile:!

• #1,549
zoobyshoe said:
That's sad. Cats don't seem to do well in science. (Schrodinger, and all that).

Hm... that one must have been Schrodinger's anti-cat. It died because it wasn't observed.

• #1,550
My wife says she totally supports the idea of me going all the way for a PhD. Even if we have to move and she has to change jobs. She thinks my brain is sexy. Perhaps my PhD thesis will be an attempt to calculate how lucky I am to have her.

• #1,551
Nun_Gun.jpg

Hmmm...Is the sisterhood still active?
Or did they dissolve?

• #1,552
I can't order an odd number of pizzas for math club that favor pepperoni or plain. I always have to split it right down the middle. 2.5 pepperoni and 2.5 plain.

• #1,553
2 pep, 2 plain, 1 sausage and mushroom with light tomato sauce and a sprinkling of oregano, spun three times on the tip of a blessed dowsing rod and kissed by a virgin.

• #1,554
  • #1,556
DennisN said:
Yes, that's really fun. I also like the very simple Leaning tower illusion.

I like that too!

Brains are funny. :smile:

• #1,557
What are the kids standing in line for at the Crystal Ballroom?

Who the hell is Matt Nathanson?

I can't keep up.

Good night.

• #1,558
Pythagorean said:
2 pep, 2 plain, 1 sausage and mushroom with light tomato sauce and a sprinkling of oregano, spun three times on the tip of a blessed dowsing rod and kissed by a virgin.
why ruin a good pizza with the last 2 things :eek:

• #1,559
Enigman said:
Hmmm...Is the sisterhood still active?
Or did they dissolve?
Lisab and I are the only 2 still very active, ~christina~ comes and goes, MIH pops up for my birthday, and TSU left a long time ago.

Last edited:
  • #1,560
lendav_rott said:
why ruin a good pizza with the last 2 things :eek:

Because you have at least one ridiculously complicated pizza in every party-sized order. It's blasphemy not to. As an appeal to my own authority, I am a 33rd degree pie spinner of the fifth dimension.

• #1,561
Evo said:
Lisab and I are the only 2 still very active, ~christina~ comes and goes, MIH pops up for my birthday, and TSU left a long time ago.

Might need your help someday soon...The 'problem' is more in your line anyway...
(If I my memory serves me right; Wasn't MIH the Barbie mentor?)

• #1,562
Enigman said:
Might need your help someday soon...The 'problem' is more in your line anyway...
(If I my memory serves me right; Wasn't MIH the Barbie mentor?)
Yes, her name came from the talking barbie scandal when the doll said "Math Is Hard".

• #1,564
LONDON (Reuters) - A U.S. atom bomb nearly exploded in 1961 over North Carolina that would have been 260 times more powerful than the device that devastated Hiroshima, according to a declassified document published in a British newspaper on Friday.
. . . .
But the newly published document said one of the two bombs behaved exactly in the manner of a nuclear weapon in wartime, with its parachute opening and its trigger mechanisms engaged. Only one low-voltage switch prevented a cataclysm.
http://news.yahoo.com/atom-bomb-nearly-exploded-over-north-carolina-1961-230654850.html

• #1,566
Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

• #1,568
I have 994 thread subscriptions.

I think I have a drug problem...

:cry:

• #1,569
I have a stomach problem. T_T

*goes check expiration dates*

• #1,571
As an appendix to the intricate discussion of ducts, ducks, dukes, dooks, doeks, etc, in another thread ...

What's the opposite of a diphthong? Is it a monophthong?

• #1,572
AlephZero said:
As an appendix to the intricate discussion of ducts, ducks, dukes, dooks, doeks, etc, in another thread ...

What's the opposite of a diphthong? Is it a monophthong?
It might be a monadphthong, or it might just be a phthong or it could be a uniphthong.

• #1,573
I think it's time for a new signature.

• #1,574
zoobyshoe said:
or it might just be a phthong or it could be a uniphthong.
I thought a phthong is something you wear if you have a lisphth.

This may be all greek to some people, but "uni" is latin - so I don't buy that one either.

• #1,575
$$\frac{di+phthong}{2+sounds}$$
So etymologically en(a?)phthong or just phthong sounds logical. But by definition diphthong is a combination of two vowels so it should be just ##vowel##.