Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
  • #1,611
I always thought I had a decent vocabulary, but reading this paragraph made me realize, not really.

A similar process to dehiscence occurs in some flower buds (e.g., Platycodon, Fuchsia), but this is rarely referred to as dehiscence unless circumscissile dehiscence is involved; anthesis is the usual term for the opening of flowers. Dehiscence may or may not involve the loss of a structure through the process of abscission. The lost structures are said to be caducous.
:frown:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehiscence_(botany )

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,612
Jargon. Happens any time I read a paper outside my field. I have to spend an hour per page, most of it researching assumed concepts, the rest trying to understand the basis of the sentence structure used.

• #1,613
Enigman said:
No can do.
My phone has all the course related material (class notes, slides, etc.), my mind maps, my flash cards, my graphers(3D, parametric and polar), my to-do-list (without which I'm lost) and of course the PF app...

Do you use it while walking/driving?

• #1,614
dkotschessaa said:
Do you use it while walking/driving?
Driving-nope
walking- rarely, to check my time table
eating- sometimes (like now) for PF
The one thing I don't like using my phone for is talking...

• #1,615
I am almost always running into students (while on my bike) who are walking around in zombie smartphone posture.

• #1,616
DennisN said:
For Evo: Liberté, égalité, fraternité, and Mireille Mathieu (I like that version):

It's hard to beat the Itailan anthem - sounds like the sort of grand opera chorus that's so bad it's actually good. And the lyrics are just surreal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeDmsIMwQX8

• #1,617
Whew, what a day. Worst migraine I've had in a looooong time.

I'm really wiped out.

• #1,618
lisab said:

I'm really wiped out.
Poor lisab. :frown:

• #1,619
Sorry to hear about that lisab, I know they are real bad. :(

I hope you feel OK now.

• #1,620
lisab said:

I'm really wiped out.

Men, apparently, don't get migraines.

I learned this, by talking to girls.

/me hugs lisab, as she does not deserve migraines.

sends brain massaging fingers across the universe to sooth your pain.

• #1,621
OmCheeto said:
The hell you talkin'?

• #1,622
Looking back upon what I have done, I don't know what I have been through. What actually am I trying to reach ? If I can land a job with a huge amount of salary, then what is next after 3-5 years then ? What else will I have to deal with then ?
I'm sitting at my desk working from 9 to 5. If I have works to do, then it fills up my 8 hours of work, if there are less tasks to do, I expect to set myself free by doing what I like, e.g going out having some food, coffee, or even going to home. Why does my boss expect me to sit there till 5 ?
My question, is there any company that satisfies my inquiries better than that I have to align myself with theirs ?:)

• #1,623
Reality is a harsh thing, it denies you your heroes.

• #1,624
OmCheeto said:

Ignorance is bliss my friend...

• #1,626
What does it feel like when water go all the way in through your nose?

• #1,627
Something like this?
Jalaneti.JPG

• #1,628

No way, I mean NO WAY!
It feels like screwing the hell out of my brain, literally. It was painful.

• #1,629
Awww...
*gives Gad a telepathic hug*
Btw Try laughing while drinking something- noodles might work too...:devil:

• #1,630
Thanks. -__-

• #1,631
Gad said:
No way, I mean NO WAY!

:biggrin: She was just too clean. I tend to just cleanse my nostrils with water once arriving home from polluted streets, anywhere outside.
me too Norway.

• #1,632
Gad said:
No way, I mean NO WAY!

If the water has the correct concentration of salt, it shouldn't hurt at all. Plain water really stings though.

• #1,633
lisab said:
If the water has the correct concentration of salt, it shouldn't hurt at all. Plain water really stings though.
I've used cheese, although I don't recommend it. (do not sneeze while swallowing cheese)

• #1,634
AlephZero said:
It's hard to beat the Itailan anthem - sounds like the sort of grand opera chorus that's so bad it's actually good. And the lyrics are just surreal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeDmsIMwQX8

I think Russia's National Anthem is possibly the best one in the world:

• #1,635
Evo said:
I've used cheese, although I don't recommend it. (do not sneeze while swallowing cheese)

• #1,636

Noodles for me...they slip right out...

• #1,637
Pythagorean said:

The Italian is nice, but I think I have to agree with Pythagorean, the Russian anthem is magnificient.

And I can't resist posting a little Beethoven Symphony No. 9 (anthem of European Union, lyrics here):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbJcQYVtZMo

• #1,638
Gad said:
No way, I mean NO WAY!

Neti pot usage (pictured above) feels awesome, but in a kind of disgusting way. It is about the right concentration of salt as mentioned. Mine broke a while ago and I haven't bought another one.

• #1,639
How do I go about getting a person sainted? My combinatorics professor actually postponed a test because "I realized a lot of you have other things going on the same day/week as our test." He put it up to a vote and it was moved.

• #1,641
I'm sure I can convince the new pope. He seems open.

• #1,642
Pythagorean said:

I think the Mexican National Anthem is the catchiest I've heard. When sung by full chorus, it sounds like the finale to an operetta called, "Mexico!"

Here's a very good solo rendition (no need to listen to all 10 minutes though):

• #1,643
dkotschessaa said:
I'm sure I can convince the new pope. He seems open.
Hmm... well... hmm...

h33A6907F.jpg

George_Carlin_Standup_in_2001.jpg

• #1,644
I need to stop sharing my thoughts...

My two favorite scientist people at work today, almost made my brain explode.

My third favorite scientist, understood, what I was talking about.

She understands boats.

:smile:

• #1,645
I don't know why, but I have never found George Carlin funny. Sometimes insightful, but never funny. I realize this is like, something I'm not supposed to admit. But it's true.