Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
Excuse me. Why is the post asking the genius of this site was removed? And why did I not get the chance to state that I am rightly the genius of this site with an unquestionable IQ of 20000?

Physics news on Phys.org
Kholdstare said:
Excuse me. Why is the post asking the genius of this site was removed? And why did I not get the chance to state that I am rightly the genius of this site with an unquestionable IQ of 20000?

This is even weirder than many of my posts.

[rant] So I decided to work over the summer since funds are getting low and possibly keep the job if they will work around my schedule...but this training is driving me nuts. Some of the processes relating to job functions are represented on a programming style flowchart and I cannot understand why I am the only person in the entire training class to read the flowcharts correctly. I also find it very annoying that the instructor was arguing with me about the flowcharts and decided to disregard the flowcharts and do the processes as everyone incorrectly understood them once she finally interpreted the flowchart correctly. I understand that this material is new to her as well, but I really value doing things correctly. So now I am being viewed as an analytical moron when I simply want to do my job correctly. [/rant] Other than that today was awesome :biggrin:

Met with my surgeon today for gallbladder removal. I was expecting him to be curt and british, probably because I've been watching too much Doc Martin. He was very nice and low pressure. I want the damn thing out anyway. It's so uncomfortable!

Bacle2 said:
I like Sugar Ray's music
I mean, great song and everything, but I'm curious about his interest and enthusiasm about flies.
Why do you want a fly, Sugar Ray? Going fly-fishing? And why don't you just go out in the
garden and swat one?

Sucrose Vectors have always puzzled myself as well. The original lyrics were "I just want to dragon fly. Put your wings around me baby, put your wings around me baby." However, during the release, tension was high. Legend says a baby crawled onto a dragon's back and absorbed eons of knowledge and wisdom.

The church was out raged and sent a band of elite assassins after the baby. The assassins were never heard from again. After that, cultural ties with dragons were strained, hence the edited version most heard.

Last edited by a moderator:
ChiralWaltz said:
Sucrose Vectors have always puzzled myself as well. The original lyrics were "I just want to dragon fly. Put your wings around me baby, put your wings around me baby." However, during the release, tension was high. Legend says a baby crawled onto a dragon's back and absorbed eons of knowledge and wisdom.

The church was out raged and sent a band of elite assassins after the baby. The assassins were never heard from again. After that, cultural ties with dragons were strained, hence the edited version most heard.

I nominate ChiralWaltz for some kind of random thought award, for this post.

-Dave K

Rose-breasted grosbeaks are back. I love their music. They usually show up a day or so after the goldfinches, and they are right on schedule.

turbo said:
Rose-breasted grosbeaks are back. I love their music.

I think I saw them once when I was in college. They're really good live, quite a rocking show.

My Jeopardy bubble burst today. I thought I had been improving my knowledge over time, since I was scoring in the range of 28-35 correct answers per game, better than the 15-20 from a few years back. But then I realized that I was getting all f these correct answers during the _College Championships_ , which are significantly easier than the standard games. Oh, well.

lisab said:
I think I saw them once when I was in college. They're really good live, quite a rocking show.

They're even better with churros and chocolate ; ) .

Every time I think I've found something my sick does likes to eat, she'll stop eating it. I thought she was loving these little bites of meat until I discovered she was burying them. :frown:

wukunlin said:
haha thanks. On the bright side I spent a week learning everything about baudrate, stopbits, parity bits, databits and all that jazz even though they weren't the problem :)
Now for the parallel port. :biggrin:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e1/25_Pin_D-sub_pinout.svg

Bacle2 said:
They're even better with churros and chocolate ; ) .
O Noes! They are so handsome and musical. I have a peach tree right in front of my workstation window, and they seem to like perching in it to sing. Suits me fine, especially in the spring - got bright pink blossoms, brightly colored birds, and lovely music. The females are pretty bland streaked brown (good nest camo), but the males are the musical stars.

turbo said:
O Noes! They are so handsome and musical. I have a peach tree right in front of my workstation window, and they seem to like perching in it to sing. Suits me fine, especially in the spring - got bright pink blossoms, brightly colored birds, and lovely music. The females are pretty bland streaked brown (good nest camo), but the males are the musical stars.

No; of course, sorry, I didn't mean it that way. My post was in reference to one a while back, re some sheets and some Churros.

Hmm. I think I have deprived this forum of the beautiful spectacle of myself by not posting an image of mine. I'm off to get a camera.

Birdstronaut, reporting for duty.
tumblr_lzs3qzuRrB1rn3rj8o1_500.jpg

We have music in space also.

Astronuc said:

Meanwhile - A young Houston couple is planning to give away $4 billion—but only to projects that prove they are worth it.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-new-science-of-giving-212647170.html

I can only imagine, that, as an Aussie, you find this, most, um, refreshing?

Just a guess.

Please pardon my presumptuousness. :blushing:

Astronuc said:
Is the end user science or human?

My opinion is that it is our job to encourage molecules to react in an ethical manner. This method isn't always an ideal business model for maximizing profit.

I also do not like the idea of building weapons for war but the science behind them fascinates me. Strange place to be.

Astronuc said:
Meanwhile - A young Houston couple is planning to give away $4 billion—but only to projects that prove they are worth it.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-new-science-of-giving-212647170.html

What doesn't Brian Greene do? In all seriousness, very cool not pursuing the low hanging philanthropic fruits. We learn ethics and diets from the moment we are born. Implementing these topics earlier in school is critical to advancing past the basics.

Rant:
Went through an unarmed robbery tonight when I needed to take cash out of an ATM not from my bank and I was charged $3 for withdrawing. I went to the supermarket and my credit card was not going through, so I could not afford to walk a couple of miles to my bank's ATM. I would like to see the bank convince me that the costs associated with my withdrawal are anywhere near $3 .

I have selected my members page. Now pray tell me where can I praise myself?

I failed my DEQ test yesterday, because of a blown fuse.
It was a first for me.

This is why old people hate new cars.

On a more positive note, I replaced the fuse, and my truck told the DEQ that everything was fine.

This might be why people love new cars. :smile:

I got my money back from 7-11 after buying the medium coffee, yet not channeling anything-- other than
acid reflux .

~christina~ is back! Had a great time talking with her in chat last night.

Welcome back ~christina~, kurdt says "hi" back!

I have a terrible problem. I'm addicted to the Jack Reacher series of novels by Lee Child, and I'm halfway through the last one there is left to read. He only writes and publishes one a year. The next one won't be out till around December. I've done some research on heroin and crack and they don't sound like strong enough substitutes to tide me over.

zoobyshoe said:
I have a terrible problem. I'm addicted to the Jack Reacher series of novels by Lee Child, and I'm halfway through the last one there is left to read. He only writes and publishes one a year. The next one won't be out till around December. I've done some research on heroin and crack and they don't sound like strong enough substitutes to tide me over.
Demerol beer hat zoob, trust me, you won't care.

fentanyl lollipops

Zach Sobiech, at the age of 14, found out he had a rare form of terminal cancer. So he became a rock star, and millions of people got to see his music before he passed away on May 20, 2013. This is his beautiful story.
http://www.upworthy.com/this-kid-just-died-what-he-left-behind-is-wondtacular-rip

The Doors’ Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Dead at Age 74
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-t...rdist-ray-manzarek-dead-age-74-214051551.html

RIP, Zach and Ray

zoobyshoe said:

But meth?

Hmmm. I'm going to torture your minds by posting this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0X0cmQAdSE

Evo said:
Demerol beer hat zoob, trust me, you won't care.
ChiralWaltz said:
fentanyl lollipops
AnTiFreeze3 said:
But meth?
I'll try them all at once. See if that works.

Kholdstare said:
Hmmm. I'm going to torture your minds by posting this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0X0cmQAdSE

Thanks a lot. Now I have something to torture my daughter with.

Micromass!

tumblr_mm8ff1e7LA1rahxeso1_500.gif

From tumblr.com which is worth far less than PF.