Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
i just failed my physics final and I'm trying to get my mind off of it :cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
PhizKid said:
i just failed my physics final and I'm trying to get my mind off of it :cry:

Wait until you get the scores back, maestro!

I ran into my pal, Eddie, tonight at a cafe. He's studying neuroscience. However, that's by the way.

I thought the music playing in the cafe must be Jimmy Hendrix, but I'm not familiar with all his recordings. Eddie said he'd check. He fiddled with his phone and then confirmed it was Jimmy Hendrix. I asked him how his phone knew what the hell was playing on the coffee house music system, and he said it picked it up on the microphone. Suddenly I realized the phone had sampled the music, compared it to some database of every piece of music that had ever been uploaded to the web, and matched it to Jimmy Hendrix. What flabbergasted me was how fast it was. It did it in about 5 seconds. It's an app that came with the phone.

My bet is that the app uses external database. But perhaps I am wrong.

Went out with my daughter last night to celebrate her 21st birthday. Bought her a gin and tonic! A bunch of her friends were there...lots of, erm, facial hardware :eek:. Nice young folks, though.

lisab said:
Went out with my daughter last night to celebrate her 21st birthday.

Wish her HB from me :smile:

OKey I finally did buy a camera with my last $2 of the month. But it is such an old camera that I do not know how to operate it.

Many camera companies have web sites with on-line manuals...

Borek said:
My bet is that the app uses external database. But perhaps I am wrong.
Yeah, I didn't mean to imply all that data was on the phone. He had to be online to do it.

dlgoff said:
Micromass!

tumblr_mm8ff1e7LA1rahxeso1_500.gif

From tumblr.com which is worth far less than PF.

So pretty! I can't stop watching it!

lisab said:
Went out with my daughter last night to celebrate her 21st birthday. Bought her a gin and tonic! A bunch of her friends were there...lots of, erm, facial hardware :eek:. Nice young folks, though.

Something like this?

What's this guy's maturity level...like, 14 years old?!

http://www.today.com/entertainment/...lls-jury-retarded-says-they-should-6C10020903

"I want that jury to know that each and every one of you are mentally f--ing retarded and you should be euthanized because, as Darwin said, you have naturally selected yourself," Francis told interviewer Stephen Galloway. "You are the weakest members of the herd. Goodbye! And if that jury wants to convict me because I didn't show up, which is the only reason why they did, then, you know, they should all be lined up and shot!"

"Exponential Growth: It's as easy as 1,2,4."

Just bought a couple of T-shirts. One of them was a PF T-shirt.

The 20 Most Beautiful Libraries on Film and TV
http://flavorwire.com/392753/the-20-most-beautiful-libraries-on-film-and-tv/

I spent many a weekend or evening browsing library stacks in math and physics, or religion and history.

My ideal home would a library with living quarters adjacent.

The next to ideal would be a nice comfortable home within walking distance of a university library with a extensive math, science, engineering and history and non-fiction humanities sections.

Watching sci-fi for years has taught me one thing. Robots and people from the future can not use contractions.

Astronuc said:
My ideal home would a library with living quarters adjacent.

The next to ideal would be a nice comfortable home within walking distance of a university library with a extensive math, science, engineering and history and non-fiction humanities sections.

You stole my dream home :smile:

Although I would like for mine to be on top of some mountains, but I guess I can't ask for too much.

Speaking of homes - Casa Malaparte.

Borek said:
Speaking of homes - Casa Malaparte.

Seems ugly to me. Although maybe I just can't appreciate quality contemporary Italian styled homes.

It also looks like Nike partially funded the making of the house (look at the roof).

AnTiFreeze3 said:
It also looks like Nike partially funded the making of the house (look at the roof).

Didn't know Nike existed in 1937 :-p

20k :smile:

Borek said:
20k :smile:

Wow, congrats :approve:!

woo hooo
well done Borek :)

Party Time !

attachment.php?attachmentid=58976&stc=1&d=1369343012.jpg

Dave

Attachments

• BEER_GLASSES.jpg
    BEER_GLASSES.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 356
No party for me today, I am on a diet. Without any particular reason my liver decided to swell on Sunday, I couldn't sleep on the right side. It is already much better, but I am not going to risk drinking yet
grumpy_borek.png

Borek said:
No party for me today, I am on a diet. Without any particular reason my liver decided to swell on Sunday, I couldn't sleep on the right side. It is already much better, but I am not going to risk drinking yet [PLAIN]http://www.bpp.com.pl/IMG/grumpy_borek.png[/QUOTE]
Oh no, are your liver enzymes elevated? And your doctor is taking care of this, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
AnTiFreeze3 said:
But he has ladies all around him! You two should obviously be attracted to this man.
:eek:

Seems the family that had moved in above me that buried my car with snow are gone. I just met the two guys that have moved in. They are animal lovers and can't get over how lucky they were to move in on the ravine and that we have ducks. I told them that the bunnies hang out in the front for some reason, maybe due to the hawks that like to hunt in the ravine. The bunnies like to have parked cars and bushes to dart under, the ravine is open, no place to hide from hawks.

Anyway, they approve that I put feed out, I've seen them throwing bread down to the ducks and squirrels. They also have a pet squirrel they saved when it was a baby, I had heard some weird scraping noises and looked up and saw a squirrel hanging on to the wall near the roof, startled me. He said it's been doing that since they've moved in, they're hoping to see if it wants to join the other squirrels, but so far he's not shown any interest in leaving.

Last edited:
Evo said:
...I've seen them throwing bread down to the ducks and squirrels.

Seen any cigarette butt throwing? :devil:

dlgoff said:
Seen any cigarette butt throwing? :devil:
No! Maybe they don't smoke!

Evo said:
No! Maybe they don't smoke!

Yay! I'm happy that you (hopefully) have good neighbors. It's one of the little things in life that can mean so much.

lisab said:
Yay! I'm happy that you (hopefully) have good neighbors. It's one of the little things in life that can mean so much.
So far they've been pretty quiet, I hope they're not party throwers.

"We don't test on animals" ="We test on people"?

Does this happen to someone else: you're listening to a song and, at the same time, seeing people thru a window ( say you're in your car, or in a coffee shop) , and it seems like the people you're seeing are in a video for the song?