Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
  • #2,276
AlephZero said:
There was a guy at work who spent a lot of time finding the "best" sources of organic food etc, and also spent a lot of time researching organic remedies for all the minor ailments he had.

We kept telling him he could get two slices of his life back by eating junk like everybody else, but he was immune to that sort of logic.

Organic does not mean healthy, therefore eating unhealthy is not equivalent to not eating organic. There's some logic for ya.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,277
It's finally cool enough outside to sit out on the porch. Which I am doing right now. ahhhh.

• #2,278
dlgoff said:
I wonder what all we've consumed that we weren't aware of?

Borek said:
You probably don't want to know it.

AlephZero said:
Whatever it was, it hasn't killed you yet.

That's likely true, but...have you killed *it* yet?

• #2,279
lisab said:
That's likely true, but...have you killed *it* yet?

I killed a carrot. Chopped it's head off, put it through the juicer and drank it's blood.

aww-yea-meme-original.jpg

• #2,280
Caveat said:
Better to live healthy and die of old age than live your last days walking on a limb, organs failing and looking like you lost a fight to a swarm of bees
Dying of old age is a long, unpleasant process indistinguishable from dying of some wasting disease. Quality of life in the last few years is very poor.

• #2,281
You guys are killing me.

• #2,282
zoobyshoe said:
Dying of old age is a long, unpleasant process indistinguishable from dying of some wasting disease. Quality of life in the last few years is very poor.

Some of them might tell you otherwise...

pf.suck.it.2013.11.29.2133pm.winnielangleyKNP_228x340.jpg

I've been hanging around with hippies that live of old age, since I was about 25.

People who live of old age, are much preferable than those that die of old age.

:confused:

hmmm... That doesn't even look like it makes grammatical sense, does it.

hmmm...

I'm so happy, I had a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7dCrtdRtZQ​

Ok. So now my back hurts... ...

Shut up Zoob!

And eat a jerky carrot head, and just shut up!

:smile:

• #2,283
Lol! Nice page.

• #2,284
Why is there such a distinct lack of evil math nerds in fiction? There are physicists trying to make black holes and start nuclear holocausts, chemists and biologists creating evil pharma products and nerve agents, computer geeks controlling the net, but no mathematicians...(Weealll, there was Moriarty with his binomial thingy but that was eons ago...)
Does no one fear the power of stochastic random processes?

• #2,285
Enigman said:
Why is there such a distinct lack of evil math nerds in fiction? There are physicists trying to make black holes and start nuclear holocausts, chemists and biologists creating evil pharma products and nerve agents, computer geeks controlling the net, but no mathematicians...(Weealll, there was Moriarty with his binomial thingy but that was eons ago...)
Does no one fear the power of stochastic random processes?
Who cares about taking over the "real" world when you have a whiteboard and some exercises to do? :-p

• #2,286
zoobyshoe said:

There is no such thing as "dying of old age."

• #2,287
I do believe it has been quite a while since I've fried anything. When I went to grab my spatula out of the utensil bucket, it was covered in dust and cobwebs.

• #2,288
OmCheeto said:
I do believe it has been quite a while since I've fried anything. When I went to grab my spatula out of the utensil bucket, it was covered in dust and cobwebs.

Or maybe it was very recently, and you made fried spiders.

• #2,289
dkotschessaa said:
There is no such thing as "dying of old age."
I know, but what's your point? My point is that the longer you live the poorer quality of life becomes. There's a reason nurses call pneumonia "the old person's friend."

• #2,290
zoobyshoe said:
I know, but what's your point? My point is that the longer you live the poorer quality of life becomes. There's a reason nurses call pneumonia "the old person's friend."

I wonder if that's why https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=4582462&postcount=89 by RL resonates with me? When all the parts have worn out, I think the brain might just turn the key, to the off position.

I believe, that old people, in fact, do die, of old age.

Maybe we should call death; "After so many wonderful weekends, I'm too tired to get up. Yo! Kids! Take my place."

:smile: o:)

• #2,291
dkotschessaa said:
collinsmark said:
If you learn the ins and outs of forward error detection and correction, that is a very useful thing to put on your resume.
Perhaps my sarcasm is ill founded then. Would you mind expounding a bit in this post of mine?

Done. :smile: (I can't remember, but this might be the first time I've posted in the carrier guidance forum. First time in awhile anyway.)

----

On a totally separate note, I dreamed the other night that I was framed for murder. While out on bail, I was able to successfully prove my innocence at the last moment, just before the verdict, and just before I awoke. The dream unfolded like a mystery-thriller movie. I love dreams like that.

• #2,292
collinsmark said:
On a totally separate note, I dreamed the other night that I was framed for murder. While out on bail, I was able to successfully prove my innocence at the last moment, just before the verdict, and just before I awoke. The dream unfolded like a mystery-thriller movie. I love dreams like that.

No zombies?
:frown:

• #2,293
I think I like Alice Chess. Its so jargolingly monsterful...
(Thanks for the vorpal words Ask'd oat chess[42])
[42]

• #2,294
I can't sleep. :cry:

• #2,295
I am seriously considering buying a telescope, and I partly blame PF for it. Where should I send the bill?

I've been playing around with a DIY idea for this, but the mirror construction process looks a bit complicated, haha.

Nah, I think I better read the 13 pages in the Planning to buy a first telescope? thread and go for a decent beginner telescope. Seriously, I don't know why I don't already own a telescope, I've been thinking about this for years...

• #2,296
The only plausible justification for 'who nose' I can think of is Shen Woo or the divine warrior which means Doctor is going to get attacked by a chinese cleric or a chinese guy is going to meet the doctor...

• #2,297
collinsmark said:
Done. :smile: (I can't remember, but this might be the first time I've posted in the carrier guidance forum. First time in awhile anyway.)

Well, you should try it more often. That was very helpful.

Those are cool. I've had really epic ones that seem to span space and time...impossible to explain to anyone else.

• #2,298
dkotschessaa said:
Well, you should try it more often. That was very helpful.

Those are cool. I've had really epic ones that seem to span space and time...impossible to explain to anyone else.

Yesterday morning I was at the airport, headed for England. Then I realized I didn't have my passport. Then I looked around for a clock, trying to figure out if I had enough time to race home and back. There were two sheets of paper on the wall, each with different times. I asked which sheet of paper had the correct time. People looked at me like I was crazy. So I grabbed someone's wrist, and looked at the time on her watch. I had just enough time. But then, when I got to the parking lot, I'd forgotten where I'd parked. Then, someone I hadn't seen in 30 years said; "Hey! That was a great parking job you did!". I screamed back; "Where did I park!?". She said; "Over there, on the line". She pointed to a sea of cars hidden by trees. So I went over and found my black pickup truck, and went to put my backpack in the red hatchback. Then I realized I didn't have much money on me and I might have forgotten to make my credit card payment so I might be in England penniless! And then, I couldn't figure out why I was going to England!

Then I woke up.

• #2,299
OmCheeto said:
Yesterday morning I was at the airport, headed for England. Then I realized I didn't have my passport. Then I looked around for a clock, trying to figure out if I had enough time to race home and back. There were two sheets of paper on the wall, each with different times. I asked which sheet of paper had the correct time. People looked at me like I was crazy. So I grabbed someone's wrist, and looked at the time on her watch. I had just enough time. But then, when I got to the parking lot, I'd forgotten where I'd parked. Then, someone I hadn't seen in 30 years said; "Hey! That was a great parking job you did!". I screamed back; "Where did I park!?". She said; "Over there, on the line". She pointed to a sea of cars hidden by trees. So I went over and found my black pickup truck, and went to put my backpack in the red hatchback. Then I realized I didn't have much money on me and I might have forgotten to make my credit card payment so I might be in England penniless! And then, I couldn't figure out why I was going to England!

Then I woke up.
Lol.

• #2,300
Back to work tomorrow. I used to really like my job! Such a shame that it's morphed into such drudgery :frown:.

• #2,301
lisab said:
Back to work tomorrow. I used to really like my job! Such a shame that it's morphed into such drudgery :frown:.

Look at the bright side. You're getting a tree house. :)

• #2,302
lisab said:

I can relate with this. My co-worker told me once that I'm going to hate being retired, because I love my job so much. They never did that again. I think I may have channeled satan for a bit.

Om.channeling.satan.jpg

Pea soup, spinning head, and something about sewing socks... You know the bit.

• #2,303
It is never too early or too late to enjoy your second childhood. I need to get started, because quite apparently I didn't start early.

• #2,304
I think I've just decided to forgo college this upcoming year, and instead I'll travel alone wherever I see fit.

I've accumulated about $7500 over the years. Should that prove insufficient, I can always get a GED-level job helping out here, since the jobs are contractual/seasonal--only six months at a time--I would be able to gather at the least $10,000 more. $17,500 with half a year to travel, with the prior half spent at a research base in Antarctica seems preferable to me than droning off to college with everyone else.

• #2,305
edward said:
It is never too early or too late to enjoy your second childhood. I need to get started, because quite apparently I didn't start early.

I'm still working on completing my first childhood.

• #2,306
Enigman 258
zoobyshoe 182
Gad 84
collinsmark 79
consciousness 72
Office_Shredder 33
lendav_rott 18
OmCheeto 15
lisab 12
CompuChip 9
Ibix 9
Travis_King 9
Jonathan Scott 6
jhae2.718 5
billiards 5
Borg 5
inotyce 3
ABD EL HAMEED 3
Curious3141 2
BobG 2
JorisL 2
AlephZero 1
Evo 1
cArma 1
256bits 1
-------------------
>_<

• #2,307
OmCheeto said:
I can relate with this. My co-worker told me once that I'm going to hate being retired, because I love my job so much. They never did that again. I think I may have channeled satan for a bit.

Om.channeling.satan.jpg

Pea soup, spinning head, and something about sewing socks... You know the bit.
Hee hee. I get the reference. The Saturday Night Live spoof on The Exorcist. "Your mother sows socks that smell!" Hee hee. :smile: The Exorcist. Such a lovely movie.

• #2,308
Enigman said:
Enigman 258
zoobyshoe 182
Gad 84
collinsmark 79
consciousness 72
Office_Shredder 33
lendav_rott 18
OmCheeto 15
lisab 12
CompuChip 9