Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
  • #1,261
Whatever you do, don't Google: Australian spiders

...ever.

I did not listen and I regret everything. You've been warned.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,262
Psinter said:

...ever.

I'm certain there is much nope there. Completely sure I won't be doing it any time soon.

• #1,263
Psinter said:

...ever.

Must resist..

• #1,264
lisab said:
I'm certain there is much nope there. Completely sure I won't be doing it any time soon.
A lot of nope. Very powerful nope.
HomogenousCow said:
Must resist..
Don't do it. You shall not do it.

• #1,265
Psinter said:
How about Austrian spiders? Can I google that?

• #1,266
zoobyshoe said:
How about Austrian spiders? Can I google that?
Hmmm. Austria is an unknown realm to me so... You can do it.

I won't do it, I'm just saying you can, for I've not done it so I cannot warn of possible dangers that may exist.

As for Australia... what has been seen cannot be unseen. :cry:

• #1,267
Psinter said:
Hmmm. Austria is an unknown realm to me so... You can do it.

I won't do it, I'm just saying you can, for I've not done it so I cannot warn of possible dangers that may exist.

As for Australia... what has been seen cannot be unseen. :cry:
I actually have no inclination to google either. I was just thinking that if, for some reason, I were ever required to google Australian spiders, I could google Austrian spiders instead, "by accident," and avoid bad things.

Last edited:
  • #1,268
Makes sense. But be careful of Google auto-correct that kicks in without one's permission. Even in an accident he may purposely send you to Australia (by correcting your keywords without permission). Just to do the damage. :shy:

• #1,269
Psinter said:

...ever.

Now I have to do it!:cry:

• #1,270
Psinter said:

...ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #1,271
He says to step to the right, but I'll be so nervous I'll probably step to the left.
Lisa! said:
Now I have to do it!:cry:
It is very important that you don't do it. Recovery won't be easy. :bugeye: (This face represent how your nights will be) (sight sense activate!)

• #1,272
Wouldn't want to live with them, but I think spiders are pretty fascinating to look at.

• #1,273
Man... this article makes me so incredibly upset. I thought we were supposed to be living in the 21st century.

• #1,274
Don't tell me jumping spiders aren't adorable... look at this peacock spider.

• #1,275
dipole said:
Don't tell me jumping spiders aren't adorable... look at this peacock spider.

Aaaawww, they're so cute :!)!

I thought I'd posted this before, but I can't find it. Turn you sound on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-tXJmXQ6Is

• #1,276
Weird. I haven't been to Amazon in a while, and when I went today the ads were all Barbra Streisand and wristwatches.

I never, ever listen to Streisand, and I haven't worn a watch since...high school? I think there's a glitch in their matrix.

• #1,277
AnTiFreeze3 said:
Man... this article makes me so incredibly upset. I thought we were supposed to be living in the 21st century.
The new Rick Roll.

• #1,278
zoobyshoe said:
The new Rick Roll.

I'm all for it.

• #1,279
zoobyshoe said:
The new Rick Roll.

What's a rickroll?

• #1,281
I think I'm on the road, again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ--odAAA1A​

• #1,282
Apparently the Houdini bio now showing on History Channel is as true and accurate as Shark Week.

• #1,283
zoobyshoe said:
Apparently the Houdini bio now showing on History Channel is as true and accurate as Shark Week.
Then I guess that it will only be a matter of time before they suggest that he was an alien?

46412443.jpg

• #1,284
Einstein's grades at age [STRIKE]17[/STRIKE] 18, I think (1 = bad...6 = excellent).
18kwmssimlx39jpg.jpg

I'm saving that image to pull out the next time I hear that Einstein was a bad student :-p.

My translation:

Deutsche Sprache = German language (5)
Französische Sprache = French language (3)
Englische Sprache = English language (-) (I don't know what "-" means)
Italienische Sprache = Italian language (5)
Geschichte = History (6)
Geographie = Geography (4)
Algebra = (go figure) (6)
Geometrie = Geometry (6)
Darstellende Geometrie = Descriptive Geometry (6)
Physik = Physics (6)
Chemie = Chemistry (5)
Naturgeschichte = Natural history (5)
Kunstzeichnen = Art drawing (4)
Technisches Zeichnen = Technical drawing (4)

So he got top grades in history, algebra, geometry, descriptive geometry and... (drumroll) physics.

Last edited:
  • #1,285
Hmmm was that a typical high school curriculum ? Small wonder that part of the world was so productive.

• #1,286
How do you deal with the messy stuff in life you just can't get away from?

• #1,287
Borg said:
Then I guess that it will only be a matter of time before they suggest that he was an alien?
That sort of already happened during his lifetime. Arthur Conan-Doyle apparently actually believed Houdini was physically de-materializing and re-materializing himself to effect his escapes. That's simultaneously sad and a tribute to Houdini's showmanship, I guess.

• #1,288
DennisN said:
So he got top grades in history, algebra, geometry, descriptive geometry and... (drumroll) physics.
Just the other day I read:

"Like Einstein, Newton was a very poor student..."

Said in passing in a book called "This is Your Brain on Music," which was a NY Times bestseller when it came out in 2006.

It was true of Newton up to a certain year when he underwent a chaotic reversal and went from the bottom of his class to the top.

In Einstein's case the oft-repeated myth, "He was poor at math in grammar school," is certainly busted.

Last edited:
  • #1,289
HomogenousCow said:

Retire.

Then, when your fellow retirees start calling, to do useless retiree stuff, stop answering the phone.

Then, go play. :smile:

• #1,290
HomogenousCow said:
I enter military mode ಠ_ಠ... then it's the messy stuff the one who wants to get away from me. :-p

• #1,291
My dog Daisy has developed a strange Pavlovian response to a particular sound. Every time the mut hears a toilet flush she gets thirsty.

• #1,292
edward said:
My dog Daisy has developed a strange Pavlovian response to a particular sound. Every time the mut hears a toilet flush she gets thirsty.
Awww.

• #1,293
'Need more puppy pics!

(On a different note, I haven't had a dream about zombies in quite awhile. I'm rather disappointed; those were some of the best dreams I've ever had.)

• #1,294
zoobyshoe said:
Just the other day I read:

"Like Einstein, Newton was a very poor student..."

Said in passing in a book called "This is Your Brain on Music," which was a NY Times bestseller when it came out in 2006.

It was true of Newton up to a certain year when he underwent a chaotic reversal and went from the bottom of his class to the top.

In Einstein's case the oft-repeated myth, "He was poor at math in grammar school," is certainly busted.

So what excuse will those who flunk math use now?

• #1,295
Weekend...:biggrin:
http://rs1ci.memecdn.com/687/4618687.jpg