Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
  • #1,226
Evo said:
Amazing how many Americans think giving an uzi to a child that's barely larger than the gun is normal and ok. Bullets and Burgers? Makes me ashamed to be an American. And no, let's not not start a gun control discussion.

But arguing is fun!

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,227
AnTiFreeze3 said:
But arguing is fun!
You're free to start a burger control debate.

Likes 1 person
  • #1,228
zoobyshoe said:
You're free to start a burger control debate.

I like Wendy's personally. That's my fav. Hot and juicy, prepared right there. Burger king is the worst, I don't know how they stay in business.

My mom never ate at McDonald's before she saw the movie "Super size me." Now she eats there all the time. Go figure. Like a moth to a flame.

I have to admit, though, "Super size me" also awakened in me a latent big mac attack monster that had, thankfully, laid dormant for the better part of 20 years. But I don't like the regular big macs. Too much bread. You need double the meat. Back in the day, they used to have double big macs on the menu. These days they don't for some reason. And every time I try to special order one, the teller looks at me like I'm from planet Z. They are just absolutely stumped. If you don't believe me, try it yourself. It's unbelievable. Especially because right next to the big mac picture on the wall is, of course, the quarter pounder. And right next to the quarter pounder is the double quarter pounder. So is it really a huge intellectual leap that I may be inquiring about a double big mac? You wouldn't think so but try it yourself. They don't know what to do, they call the manager over, they pull out some book and start debating over how much extra it will cost and if it's possible to even make one at all, etc. It's crazy. Most of the time I just say forget it, just give me a double quarter pounder, especially when the adjusted price for the extra patty makes the burger come out to 8 bucks or more.

So now if I need a burger fix I just go to Wendys.

• #1,229
DiracPool said:
I like Wendy's personally. That's my fav. Hot and juicy, prepared right there. Burger king is the worst, I don't know how they stay in business.

My mom never ate at McDonald's before she saw the movie "Super size me." Now she eats there all the time. Go figure. Like a moth to a flame.

I have to admit, though, "Super size me" also awakened in me a latent big mac attack monster that had, thankfully, laid dormant for the better part of 20 years. But I don't like the regular big macs. Too much bread. You need double the meat. Back in the day, they used to have double big macs on the menu. These days they don't for some reason. And every time I try to special order one, the teller looks at me like I'm from planet Z. They are just absolutely stumped. If you don't believe me, try it yourself. It's unbelievable. Especially because right next to the big mac picture on the wall is, of course, the quarter pounder. And right next to the quarter pounder is the double quarter pounder. So is it really a huge intellectual leap that I may be inquiring about a double big mac? You wouldn't think so but try it yourself. They don't know what to do, they call the manager over, they pull out some book and start debating over how much extra it will cost and if it's possible to even make one at all, etc. It's crazy. Most of the time I just say forget it, just give me a double quarter pounder, especially when the adjusted price for the extra patty makes the burger come out to 8 bucks or more.

So, that's a no on : "Should the constitution be amended to control burgers?".

• #1,230
zoobyshoe said:
So, that's a no on : "Should the constitution be amended to control burgers?".

No. That's a yes for a constitutional amendment to control the proliferation of Burger Kings. And while we're at it, I think we need to establish a burger lover's "bill of rights." The first on the list being, "though shalt have the right to ordereth a double big mac at any McDonalds establishment that I'm forced to look at and drive by every day."

• #1,231
Randomizing the discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #1,232
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z3r9X8OahA

• #1,233
Evo said:
Amazing how many Americans think giving an uzi to a child that's barely larger than the gun is normal and ok. Bullets and Burgers? Makes me ashamed to be an American. And no, let's not not start a gun control discussion.

What a lapse of judgement. Those things push back really hard , momentum being conserved.

Who could forget Jamie Lee Curtiss's uzi(actually a mac10 think) scene in "True Lies ".. ?

450px-TL_MAC.jpg

• #1,234
jim hardy said:
What a lapse of judgement. Those things push back really hard , momentum being conserved.

Who could forget Jamie Lee Curtiss's uzi(actually a mac10 think) scene in "True Lies ".. ?

450px-TL_MAC.jpg

LOL. My comment in the Yahoo comments section:
He should have known what would happen if he had watched Jamie Lee Curtis fire one in True Lies.

• #1,235
What was the gun other kid killed himself with being unable to control the recoil?

• #1,236
DiracPool said:

You're in the Tacoma area, right? Why go to a big chain when we have some awesome burgers in town: Lefty's Burger Shack (University Place), or Pick Quick (Fife). Good grub!

• #1,237
lisab said:
You're in the Tacoma area, right? Why go to a big chain when we have some awesome burgers in town: Lefty's Burger Shack (University Place), or Pick Quick (Fife). Good grub!

Thanks for the tip Lisab, I'll look into those. I'm a burger expeditionary:-p

• #1,238
mmm... cheeeze_burger

• #1,239
gmax137 said:
mmm... cheeeze_burger
With or without bacon?

One of the best burgers is the double meat deathburger at the Chicken Oil Co in Bryan, Texas. Whenever I'd get a cold, I'd go get a deathburger. The meat is sautéed in hot sauce, and the burger is garnished with jalapeños and tabasco (McIlhenny Company) sauce. I imagine it could be enhanced with habanero peppers.

http://chickenoilco.com/

• #1,240
Astronuc said:
One of the best burgers is the double meat deathburger at the Chicken Oil Co in Bryan, Texas. Whenever I'd get a cold, I'd go get a deathburger. The meat is sautéed in hot sauce, and the burger is garnished with jalapeños and tabasco (McIlhenny Company) sauce. I imagine it could be enhanced with habanero peppers.

http://chickenoilco.com/
No wonder some people think burgers should be controlled.

• #1,241
Borek said:
What was the gun other kid killed himself with being unable to control the recoil?

Same weapon.

• #1,242
Oh, you silly children.

Steak 'n' Shake steakburgers obviously reign supreme.

• #1,243
A cow produces as much global warming as a family car, if "Horizon" got their sums right. Stick a tube up the cow's ****, collect the methane, stick cow in garden, no more mowing, power the family car.

• #1,245
gdzie_te_wlosy.jpg

Where are my hair? where, oh where?
On the table, or under the chair?
Near the window, or near the door?
In my pocket, or on the floor?
I´m looking here!
I´m looking there!

• #1,246
Hair today
gone to Maui.

• #1,247
Never been to Hawaii, but I remember reviewing King's Quest.

• #1,248
Borek said:
Never been to Hawaii, but I remember reviewing King's Quest.

Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow.

I played it when I was 9 years old or so with my best friend on his parents' "office" computer. We got to the River Styx and could not pass because we forgot to get the cup. Had to restart the game without even dying.

The purple space octopus arm game was much better in my opinion. I'd give it 8 tentacles up.

• #1,249
Borek said:
On the table, or under the chair?
Near the window, or near the door?
In my pocket, or on the floor?
I´m looking here!
I´m looking there!

I have a feeling Zshoe knows the answer.

:biggrin:

• #1,250
drizzle said:
I have a feeling Zshoe knows the answer.
Where is his hair?
I don't really care.
It could be here.
It could be there.
It could be where
The air is rare.
Or maybe it isn't anywhere.

• #1,251
Oh dear...

• #1,252
I'm forgetting something, what was it? Darn, it was kind of important...oh yeah, now I remember...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?v=8EnsUeR2MyI

Edit: I feel much better now :)

Last edited:
  • #1,253
mal4mac said:
A cow produces as much global warming as a family car, if "Horizon" got their sums right. Stick a tube up the cow's ****, collect the methane, stick cow in garden, no more mowing, power the family car.

We've discussed this before.

pfcowch4collector.jpg

Though, I didn't calculate a cow in every back yard.

We do outnumber them 7 to 1.

I think Wolram was way ahead of me with this idea. He posted a thread, the day before I joined the forum. I of course, can never pass up a grand idea, and joined in the conversation.

lisab might be part neutrino, as she joined the forum, one day before Wolram posted the question.

Ha! I've never stalked lisab's "thread's started" profile. We both ended up in GD with our 2nd threads.

Wait. What's this? You've never started your own thread? You've been here 10 years and 11 days, and never had a question? hmmm...

ps. Happy belated anniversary mal4mac. :smile:

• #1,254
Listening to the Russian Easter Overture for the first time in years. I have the feeling that John Williams learned a lot from this piece. It's very like a movie score in many ways.

• #1,255
mal4mac said:
The latest WTF from the UK is 1400 cases of child sex abuse in Rotherham; police and councillors turn a blind eye, get caught, then decide they needn't resign! Makes me ashamed to be British.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rkshire-police-victims-john-mann-shaun-wright

I read about that. It was in a Pakistani community. That should not make a difference.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...igns-of-sexual-assault-on-1400-girls-ignored/

It definitely looks like there was some anti Pakistani sentiment involved. A similar situation occurred in Maricopa county Arizona in the USA. This one involved a Hispanic community.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national...y-harrassed-latinos-but-ignored-crime/257033/

• #1,256

^
Is addictive.​

• #1,257
edward said:
I read about that. It was in a Pakistani community. That should not make a difference.
I wouldn't deny some anti-Pakistani or anti-Moslem feeling exists, but there is a track record of convictions for similar offenses in several UK cities, some of which would be hard to describe as obviously prejudiced communities - e.g. Oxford. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-23079649

Of course the preference for European female slaves goes back for almost as long as there has been any recorded history - i.e. for millennia rather than centuries.

The whole subject is a bit of a hot potato in the UK following investigations into allegations about several high profile individuals (some no longer alive), most notably Jimmy Savile and Rolf Harris.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile_sexual_abuse_scandal
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28163593

Last edited:
  • #1,259
Scottish Independence campaign is hotting up, an "anti-independence" campaigner canceled his tour 'cause he got egged. I expect a rerun of Bannockburn with real bannocks. The pain! The anguish! Call it off before the flanning starts.