Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
wukunlin said:
When I lived in Taiwan we used to (not sure if we still do) buy hot soup from stalls and we carry them in very thin transparent plastic bags.

For cold beverages, it's not that unusual is it? I thought this is a popular thing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capri_Sun

Those aren't exactly bags.
The soup thing sounds dangerous, I would be so paranoid of sharp corners on things.

Physics news on Phys.org
HomogenousCow said:
But why? Why would you ever put beverages in a bag?

Have you read the wiki page?

I like the idea of milk bags although I've never seen them in the uk. The plastic bottles we get always leak if you lay them down, are prone to breaking and take up far too much room in my recycling bin.

Ripley said:
I like the idea of milk bags although I've never seen them in the uk. The plastic bottles we get always leak if you lay them down, are prone to breaking and take up far too much room in my recycling bin.

Yeah, nothing as reliable as a half millimeter thick plastic sheet.

HomogenousCow said:
Yeah, nothing as reliable as a half millimeter thick plastic sheet.

True but once you get them home you can decant them to a reusable jug. The environmental implications have sold the idea to me.

HomogenousCow said:
But why? Why would you ever put beverages in a bag?

What do you think a cow's udder is?

Ripley said:

The thick white plastic bottles I get are indestructible. For recycle I loosen the cap, step on the bottle to whoosh out the air, then tighten the cap again.

On the other hand some water bottles are so thin that they are hard to open. By that I mean that if I squeeze the middle of the bottle to open the cap I get a bath when the cap loosens.. Put the bottom of the thin bottles in the palm of your hand and open the cap carefully.

This information is for professionals only, do not try this at home.

Do the milk bags ever come with goldfish in them??:devil:

[sarcasm] Hey you know what's more fun than having two surgeries a week apart? Being on antibiotics for two weeks straight leading to a serious case of the runs! [/sarcasm]

I am now stocked up on yogurt and buttermilk. Just need to find some miso and figure out how to make stuff with it.

At least my boss is cool with all the time off I have taken. I get to do some paperwork for Grad school, play on PF for a bit and, best of all, catch up on the new Cosmos episodes.

In other news, I'm not overly impressed with the educator.com courses. They are likely useful as an adjunct to a college course but on their own they are like a pre-recorded tutoring session (atleast the stats and ODE courses, haven't looked into the others).

Phew...Done.

Enigman said:
Phew...Done.

I personally prefer milk bags... :rolleyes:

I read a very disturbing yet relatable quote today
"A thing worth having is a thing worth cheating for"

HomogenousCow said:
I read a very disturbing yet relatable quote today
"A thing worth having is a thing worth cheating for"

:eek: I say, nope.

lisab said:
:eek: I say, nope.

I agree with lisab.

One's word, honor, credibility, self respect -- these are things worth having.

collinsmark said:
I agree with lisab.

I agree with collinsmark.

I equate cheating, with laziness, which, IMHO, should to be squashed, like a bug.

OmCheeto said:
I agree with collinsmark.

I equate cheating, with laziness, which, IMHO, should to be squashed, like a bug.

I agree with OmCheeto!

:biggrin:

I agree with Lisa!

dlgoff said:
I agree with Lisa!
I am in agreement with dlgoff.

Oh how noble and good you all look on paper...

I agree with whatever at the time works best for me. Sometimes we all cheat and you can all go to hell if you tell me you haven't.

collinsmark said:

But are they worth cheating for?

Borek said:
But are they worth cheating for?

Don't know about cheating but definitely teaching for...
(lame anagram joke)

Who ruined the game?:|

Lisa! said:
Who ruined the game?:|
Yeah! What a rotten thing to do...
(sorry... :redface:)

Last edited:
I love this place. People admit they "screwed up".

dlgoff said:
I love this place. People admit they "screwed up".

I admit I'm screwed up.

:frown: My mouse is sticky.

lisab said:
:frown: My mouse is sticky.

It a coating that would not come off with a damp cloth. I tried isopropyl alcohol - no difference. I tried corn starch - YAY my mouse is touchable again!

lisab said:
It a coating that would not come off with a damp cloth. I tried isopropyl alcohol - no difference. I tried corn starch - YAY my mouse is touchable again!

You weren't hanging out in the food thread recently were you? I discovered that frozen Greek yogurt is very sticky, and gets everywhere.

It's like sand at the beach. A wonderful material to walk upon, but it's annoying when not in its designated place.

I am afraid of calculating square roots, but my doctor just dismissed it as irrational fear.

DennisN said:
I am afraid of calculating square roots, but my doctor just dismissed it as irrational fear.

You would be destroyed in the Maths forum.

I no longer go there...

Is my right side jealous of my left side?... Just a thought... a weird one.

lisab said:
I tried corn starch

Funny, that's what I do in such cases. GMTA :wink:

I don't have a mouse:frown:

OmCheeto said:
You would be destroyed in the Maths forum.

I no longer go there...

For some strange reason,my ex (who was completely inept at maths) loved maths jokes.