Random Thoughts Part 4 - Split Thread

In summary, Danger has a small crush on Swedish TV, and thinks that the russians are bad arses. He also mentions that taking a math class at 8:00 isdestructive.
  • #1,436
WWGD said:
I would like to go to a store with a sign reading "Hugs AND drugs".
That actually might make a good name for a pharmacy.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,437
collinsmark said:

How about for a "huggery" :)?

• #1,438
collinsmark said:
Medicinal marijuana dispensary.

• #1,439
zoobyshoe said:
Medicinal marijuana dispensary.
Thanks for reminding me, I got a pick up my Glaucoma meds; I suddenly realized I had it. I guess a new reason why Denver will be
called the "Mile High" city.

• #1,440
WWGD said:
I would like to go to a store with a sign reading "Hugs AND drugs".
I would like to go to a coffee shop that had a sign reading:

Open 24/7 365!
Unlimited free refills!
All rectangular tables!
Movable sound proof shielding from obnoxious people!
Smoking required! No non-smoking permitted!

We have 200 couches where you can sleep tonight!

• #1,441
zoobyshoe said:
I would like to go to a coffee shop that had a sign reading:

Open 24/7 365!
Unlimited refills!
All rectangular tables!
Movable sound proof shielding from obnoxious people!
Smoking required! No non-smoking permitted!

We have 200 couches where you can sleep tonight!

Let me know if/when you find it. I will move in permanently. Though make sure they have the movable soundproof shielding. Didn't know you were a smoker.

• #1,442
WWGD said:
Let me know if/when you find it. I will move in permanently. Though make sure they have the movable soundproof shielding. Didn't know you were a smoker.
There is a coffee house here that is halfway there. It has a huge problem, though, which is that the employees are evil. The owner used to work with delinquent kids and now hires such people, people who can't get a job anywhere else. You have to watch your back.

You would like the fact they have two separate rooms. One room is the "quiet" room, and the other the "social" room. They're 24/7 365, and have two separate outdoor smoking patios.

• #1,443
zoobyshoe said:
There is a coffee house here that is halfway there. <Snip>.
From the rest of your description it does sound like a halfway (there) house.

• #1,444
WWGD said:
From the rest of your description it does sound like a halfway (there) house.
One guy used to call it "the home for broken, misfit toys".

• #1,445
I'm going to print some bills and envelopes under the name San Diego Gravity and Inertia, and start sending them out to random people with a warning that the recipient is past due on their payments.

• #1,446
I would kill for a cup of proper black tea.

• #1,447
I feel kind of guilty when I was done eating and the food container read "Enough for the whole family". I guess that's why I felt the need to take a nap afterwards.

Last edited:
  • #1,448
hmm my breakfast foods of choice seem to get weird.
Last week I made savory oatmeal for a week (onion, chicken stock and cheese). Today I reheated some rice, added soy sauce and boom! Breakfast.

On the upside I ate more breakfast in the last 2-3 weeks than last year combined. Guess I don't like either bread or sweet stuff in the morning.

Last edited:
  • #1,449
I had to google "boom breakfast."

• #1,450
better after edit?

• #1,451
Some girl today told me I was a one in a million kind of guy:smile:

But then I realized that there was 7000 other's just like me :frown:

I want to be a one in a 7 billion kind of guy :cool:

Likes Silicon Waffle and OmCheeto
  • #1,452
I think she was drugged.

• #1,453
Silicon Waffle said:
I think she was drugged.

Ummm, well, uhhh, not something that could be found with a forensic analysis at least.

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #1,455
  • #1,456
JorisL said:
Found that after your reply :-)

But hey, now we know that place exists.
Yeah, it looks pretty tasty.

• #1,457
Stupidest line I have said in a job interview (so far) , upon seeing a picture on the interviewer's desk
and being told it is his mom: "your mom looks like she's really strong". A few minutes of awkward silence
afterwards and then I just left. I have no idea why I said it. Not waiting for a call back.

Likes lisab
  • #1,458
I have a mosquito bite right in the center of my forehead. Right. In. The. Center.

If I scratch it enough I might look like a baby Unicorn.

• #1,459
WWGD said:
Stupidest line I have said in a job interview (so far) , upon seeing a picture on the interviewer's desk
and being told it is his mom: "your mom looks like she's really strong". A few minutes of awkward silence
afterwards and then I just left. I have no idea why I said it. Not waiting for a call back.
What a great scene! Please send an account of this to the TV sitcom writer of your choice.

• #1,460
Back from vacation. Not looking forward to opening my work email... :olduhh:

• #1,461
lisab said:
I have a mosquito bite right in the center of my forehead. Right. In. The. Center.

If I scratch it enough I might look like a baby Unicorn.
I was thinking of the mark of Buddha, but oh well :D

• #1,462
zoobyshoe said:
What a great scene! Please send an account of this to the TV sitcom writer of your choice.
Good thing only now I noticed the resemblance. I would have asked her : " How did you get Boris Yeltsin to pose for a picture and in that horrible woman's dress"? Were you both drunk? My interview today went better, though I may have been underdressed.

Last edited:
  • #1,463
WWGD said:
Good thing only now I noticed the resemblance. I would have asked her : " How did you get Boris Yeltsin to pose for a picture and in that horrible woman's dress"? Were you both drunk? My interview today went better, though I may have been underdressed.
So, instead of saying, "like an ugly Russian cross-dresser," you said "strong." Sounds perfectly cordial to me. What was her problem?

• #1,464
Could you believe this?
Joe Di Maggio's uniform number was 5:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/history/retired_numbers.jsp

Which means his uniform read : " 5 DiMaggio " . And he was not even Mexican!

I think that qualifies as an alien plot by "Ancient aliens " standards. And it makes me " an alien theorist",

which basically means that I have a theory, in the loosest sense of the word.

Maybe call "Unsolved Mysteries"?

Moderator alert:
I don't want to read the rest of the post titled:

Should I read Thornton's or Lanczos' for Anal

Last edited:
  • #1,465
...In the Math textbooks section. X-Rated Math textbook post.

• #1,466
WWGD said:
Could you believe this?
Joe Di Maggio's uniform number was 5:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/history/retired_numbers.jsp

Which means his uniform read : " 5 DiMaggio " . And he was not even Mexican!

I think that qualifies as an alien plot by "Ancient aliens " standards. And it makes me " an alien theorist",

which basically means that I have a theory, in the loosest sense of the word.

Maybe call "Unsolved Mysteries"?

Moderator alert:
I don't want to read the rest of the post titled:

Should I read Thornton's or Lanczos' for Anal
I don't get it.

• #1,467
I don't either. How do you use a book for something Anal?

I'm kidding, it just reads like this, but it ends in Analysis. Still, kind of surprising on
first read.

• #1,468
Just a cheesy joke: 5 DiMaggio = Cinco de Mayo.

• #1,469
WWGD said:
Just a cheesy joke: 5 DiMaggio = Cinco de Mayo.
In English the "g's" in DiMaggio are hard. It doesn't remotely sound like "de mayo". Also, only a Spanish speaker is going to see "5" and think "cinco." Your average American is going to think, "five."

• #1,470
zoobyshoe said:
In English the "g's" in DiMaggio are hard. It doesn't remotely sound like "de mayo". Also, only a Spanish speaker is going to see "5" and think "cinco." Your average American is going to think, "five."

That is why it was intended for bilingual people who pronounce names in Spanish and pronounce soft g's in DiMaggio -(which is the case around here, were DiMaggio sounds like DiMajjo). So I estimate around 2.47 people will get it and -1 people will like it, but maybe my calculations are wrong.

Likes lisab