Random Thoughts Part 4 - Split Thread

In summary, Danger has a small crush on Swedish TV, and thinks that the russians are bad arses. He also mentions that taking a math class at 8:00 isdestructive.
  • #1,611
I can't stand my boss anymore. I don't want to quit my job though!:oldfrown:

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,612
Lisa! said:
I can't stand my boss anymore. I don't want to quit my job though!:oldfrown:
Me neither :oldfrown:

Likes Lisa!
  • #1,613
Jurassic Park is now simultaneously playing on four separate cable channels: USA, Bravo, E!, and Sci-Fi.

• #1,614
Natalie Portman is the most beautiful woman on Earth according to science!:oldsurprised: I think she's very pretty but not on my 10 most beautiful women list.

• #1,615
zoobyshoe said:
Jurassic Park is now simultaneously playing on four separate cable channels: USA, Bravo, E!, and Sci-Fi.

I think insipid, vanilla 'Friends' is playing on every single network. Not simultaneously, but if you flip around,you will find find friends playing every other hour -or-so. I doubt a single real controversy has been depicted on any episode.

Last edited:
  • #1,616
collinsmark said:
I'm pretty sure they did. Cosmetics, from what I am lead to believe, have been around since the dawn of civilization (maybe before even).
http://cosmeticsinfo.org/Ancient-history-cosmetics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmetics_in_Ancient_Rome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauty_and_cosmetics_in_ancient_Egypt
Nice. Thanks for that info. :) It's always good to know. (I got the job btw, Sharpie Brow worked perfectly. *Yay*)
______________________________________________________________________________________
I'm just going to leave this here.

Attachments

• Certificate of Appreciation_l.png
    Certificate of Appreciation_l.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 346
  • #1,617
Isn't the issue of games strange? I mean coming up with the rules to play Baseball, Soccer/Futbol, Basketball, etc.? I would say easily 99.999% of rules one would com up with to design a new game would produce nothing of value, maybe not even anything coherent at all , and most likely would end up being like 43-man Squamish http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/43-Man_Squamish . Yet someone came up with such collection of rules?
I am forwarding this to Ancient Aliens' Tsoukalos,as clear , indisputable evidence that aliens came up with Baseball. Since this is a theory I came up with, I am an" Ancient Alien Theorist" , and my theory is supported in that, as the show goes, now it can be said by Tsoukalos et Al. that "some Ancient Alien theorists believe, that Baseball..." . This is an oftenused argument in the show.

Last edited:
  • #1,618
I wonder what a paranoid poster would think if s/he went to "My PF" ( 4 left from the cat) , and s/he read: "So and so is following you". I just PMd Greg about this clearly urgent issue.

• #1,619
WWGD said:
I wonder what a paranoid poster would think if s/he went to "My PF" ( 4 left from the cat) , and s/he read: "So and so is following you". I just PMd Greg about this clearly urgent issue.
It doesn't matter because:
http://c4b803b63wnp4kay1hyjpw15wl.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/tumblr_muvbnm3GfC1sffwkfo1_500.png

:biggrin:

• #1,620
Can't believe this keeps me laughing a lot.:DD:biggrin:

Likes WWGD
  • #1,621
My boss is being more and more ridiculously practical. I'll watch if she still wants to become Virgin Mary or Goddess wearing Prada. o0) Bhuhahaha .
Yes, Christian Republicans ideas suck!

Likes Lisa!
  • #1,622
I was out drawing at a coffeehouse last night when I felt a very disturbing sensation on my right wrist: something peculiar was touching me. I was wearing a button down shirt with the sleeves rolled back just past my wrists. Looking down, I saw a huge cockroach hanging onto my sleeve, testing my wrist with its antennae.

• #1,624
zoobyshoe said:
I was out drawing at a coffeehouse last night when I felt a very disturbing sensation on my right wrist: something peculiar was touching me. I was wearing a button down shirt with the sleeves rolled back just past my wrists. Looking down, I saw a huge cockroach hanging onto my sleeve, testing my wrist with its antennae.
EWWWWWW.

• #1,626
It's not, which is why it suits the title of this thread because it's not titled "interesting random thoughts part 4".

• #1,627
blue_leaf77 said:
It's not, which is why it suits the title of this thread because it's not titled "interesting random thoughts part 4".
IMO, it came in like a wrecking ball.

• #1,628
zoobyshoe said:
Isnt that the same place as the one with the rats playing in the dumpster? If so, maybe not too many options for coffee hoses nearby?

• #1,629
I may die sooner than expected. :H

• #1,630
WWGD said:
Isnt that the same place as the one with the rats playing in the dumpster? If so, maybe not too many options for coffee hoses nearby?
No, the rat dumpster was by a donut shop in a completely different part of town.

The cockroach was the large species that lives in storm drains. You often see them on the sidewalks here at night everywhere in San Diego. It's presence there was no reflection on the coffee house. They just occasionally wander into buildings. On the other hand, if you see a small species of roach, that would indicate the establishment is infested.

• #1,631
Silicon Waffle said:
That applies to everyone!

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #1,632
It'll be unfair if I do but you don't.

• #1,633
Silicon Waffle said:

Me too!:oldeyes:

• #1,634
I'll probably die sooner than expected because I expect to live to 150.

• #1,635
Borg said:
I'll probably die sooner than expected because I expect to live to 150.
You expect to die sooner than expected because you expect to live 150 years. Contradictory expectations!

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #1,636
Shyan said:
You expect to die sooner than expected because you expect to live 150 years. Contradictory expectations!
That may be. :oldtongue:

• #1,637
Heh very scientific, I love PF because of people's scientific thoughts to look for truths, those of which once get blended with real analysis and advanced math qualitatively and quantitatively can beautify most of the outcomes. :nb)

• #1,638
Shyan said:

If no one had contradictory emotions/expectations, there would be no poetry. I am almost 100% every person has inconsistent views/ideas/etc. in one area or another.

• #1,640
I found out today that I couldn't convert .387096774193548 into a fraction, I did already learn factoring and the rules of divisibility but I swear as people keep trying to change my mind I find out I know nuthin lol. as a side note I think I might have come up with a quantum optical computer, I just don't know enough yet so right now it's speculation.

• #1,641
Shyan said:
That applies to everyone!
Not me. I expected to die half a lifetime ago.
Things are not going as planned... :mad:

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #1,642
I don't know who Omcheeto is :frown:.
Except Greg's real face, I know no one's.

• #1,643
O.K. After 10 episodes I finally decided Modern Family is funny.

• #1,644
No, on second thought, I'm still not sure if it is.