Random Thoughts Part 4 - Split Thread

In summary, Danger has a small crush on Swedish TV, and thinks that the russians are bad arses. He also mentions that taking a math class at 8:00 isdestructive.
  • #1,786
zoobyshoe said:
Natural gas.

Well, there you go then.
My electrical consumption would probably be the same, had I diversified energy sources.
Now we, as in me, want to see your "other" energy bills. :biggrin:

Likes Silicon Waffle
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,787
WWGD said:
But I doubt you get many of the brutal 85+ degree-days weather with high humidity that you get in many other places in summer, do you?
We have some very high temperatures, but it's so dry you don't feel it as much as you would in a place with humidity. Regardless, people react to the feeling of being hotter than usual and turn their air conditioners on.

• #1,788
zoobyshoe said:
We have some very high temperatures, but it's so dry you don't feel it as much as you would in a place with humidity. Regardless, people react to the feeling of being hotter than usual and turn their air conditioners on.
True, it is sometimes a psychological issue; I need to contain myself when I come back sweaty from exercising, to wait and not turn on the AC on until I cool down. But I do give in sometimes, and just turn the A.C on.

• #1,789
WWGD said:
True, it is sometimes a psychological issue; I need to contain myself when I come back sweaty from exercising, to wait and not turn on the AC on until I cool down. But I do give in sometimes, and just turn the A.C on.
Well, the AC removes humidity, so it would makes sense to cool off with the AC.

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #1,790
zoobyshoe said:

I'm currently transmitting, via WIFI, from the inside of my refrigerator.
It is too freakin' hot!

ps. It was 90°F in Anchorage AK a couple of weeks ago. I lived there for about 3 years. I'm surprised there are any survivors...

• #1,791
OmCheeto said:
Well, there you go then.
My electrical consumption would probably be the same, had I diversified energy sources.
Now we, as in me, want to see your "other" energy bills. :biggrin:
My current bill was $23.90. Of that, $7.07 was for natural gas. That's summer usage. In cold months the bill is about double that, and the bulk of the increase is for gas for heating. (I'm very cold intolerant and use my heat much more than most people. It's very common for people here not to get bent out of shape when their home is 60 degrees inside.)

• #1,792
zoobyshoe said:
My current bill was $23.90. Of that, $7.07 was for natural gas. That's summer usage. In cold months the bill is about double that, and the bulk of the increase is for gas for heating. (I'm very cold intolerant and use my heat much more than most people. It's very common for people here not to get bent out of shape when their home is 60 degrees inside.)
I keep my home around 60F in the winter and no more than 70F in the summer. If it gets above 70F, I start swelling up and breaking out in large red, oozing welts. I cannot tolerate heat.

Last edited:
  • #1,793
zoobyshoe said:

Ha! I remember going to my sister's 50th birthday celebration, about 1000 years ago, down in San Marcos. She said; "Bring sweaters".

• #1,794
Evo said:
I keep my home around 60F in the winter and no more than 70F in the summer. If it gets above 70F, and I start swelling up and breaking out in large red, oozing welts. I cannot tolerate heat.

Upon this new revelation, we cannot get married. Sorry.

• #1,795
OmCheeto said:
Upon this new revelation, we cannot get married. Sorry.
:oldcry:

• #1,796
Evo said:
:oldcry:
My body is currently running at about 98.6°F.
So the idea of a reddish, oozing wife, next to me, um, well...

Though, it might work, if we slept in separate beds. :oldlove:

• #1,797
OmCheeto said:
My body is currently running at about 98.6°F.
So the idea of a reddish, oozing wife, next to me, um, well...

Though, it might work, if we slept in separate beds. :oldlove:
the air around me just has to be cool. My dogs snuggle up against me and they feel good, little hot water bags.

• #1,798
WWGD said:
You need to remember that in California, weather is usually between 70-80 degrees most of the year, so little need for heating/cooling.
Not this time of the year! Where I'm at it's been consistently breaking 100°F. Apparently it was 105 today and will be 104 tomorrow ?:)

• #1,799
Evo said:
the air around me just has to be cool. My dogs snuggle up against me and they feel good, little hot water bags.

Did you just infer, that I might be, your future "hot water bag"?
Um... :frown:

• #1,800
OmCheeto said:
Did you just infer, that I might be, your future "hot water bag"?
Um... :frown:
:biggrin:

Likes OmCheeto
  • #1,801
San Diego Couple's Final Wish Fulfilled After 75 Years of Marriage

Alexander Toczko went first, on June 17, with his wife by his side.

"And he died in her arms, which is exactly what he wanted. I went in there and told my mother he was gone; she hugged him and she said, 'See, this is what you wanted. You died in my arms and I love you. I love you, wait for me, I'll be there soon,'" Toczko-Cushman said.

Jeannette Toczko died a day later.

The couple was buried Monday, with relatives holding a funeral mass and joint 75th anniversary ceremony.
Peace be upon them.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #1,802
Is this a good example of the definition of "irony"?
I'm morally, ethic'lly, spiritually, physically, positively, absolutely, undeniably and reliably, and most sincerely, illiterate.
So, I'm not sure.

irony.or.not.irony.jpg

• #1,803
Are you gay ?

• #1,804
OmCheeto said:
Is this a good example of the definition of "irony"?
I'm morally, ethic'lly, spiritually, physically, positively, absolutely, undeniably and reliably, and most sincerely, illiterate.
So, I'm not sure.

View attachment 85398
Amateur footage captured the moment a LGBT festival attendee was sent cartwheeling ...
See it at time = 0:04

• #1,805
What's wrong with these people ? Do they know that they won't be able to make sandwiches or won't know what to do with them anymore ?

• #1,806
It occurred to me that, if science actually brought the dinosaurs back, what they'd do with them eventually is farm them for meat.

This makes me wonder which ones would taste best. I have the feeling it would be those duck-billed dinosaurs. I think the weird ones, like the anklyosaurs, would probably taste awful. The triceratops... I'd be reluctant to eat it. Too much like eating a rhinoceros.

• #1,807
zoobyshoe said:
It occurred to me that, if science actually brought the dinosaurs back, what they'd do with them eventually is farm them for meat.

This makes me wonder which ones would taste best. I have the feeling it would be those duck-billed dinosaurs. I think the weird ones, like the anklyosaurs, would probably taste awful. The triceratops... I'd be reluctant to eat it. Too much like eating a rhinoceros.

hmmm..how to feed them? Anyway I'd rather ride 1 of them!:bugeye:

• #1,808
Farmers may not be as smart as many "scientists" here but they are Gods and Goddesses.
If one doesn't have an inspiration to drink more champagne at night, PM me directly as I can help. It's no good to lie. :biggrin:
(you can call the consulting company to resolve your family issues if you do have, this is not a remedy the can inject into your butt)

• #1,809
And then we would have a full new level for the expression: I am so hungry I could eat a Dinosaur. That should be enough food for a few years.

• #1,810
That got me thinking. On River Monsters, Jeremy Wade traveled to the Congo where poor fishermen must watch out for crocodiles. Indeed, every year a certain number of people are eaten by those beasts.

That made me wonder why they don't eat crocodiles. I googled and it seems the meat is perfectly edible. While we're at it, why don't they eat that other dangerous African river menace, the hippopotamus? Both of these are huge and could constitute a village feast.

• #1,811
WWGD said:
But if it is not ## 9.8 m/s^2## the pen may not drop, or drop at a rate different from the usual.
Ah, then you would have far more immediate concerns like screaming for your life. Lying down flat on your back and covering your face and head also might help.

• #1,812
Hmmm, I got the results for my 2nd ACT attempt. Kinda getting mixed feelings - I still missed my target score by a point, but I guess a 34 won't jeopardize my college chances that much :rolleyes:
One good thing is that I got a 36 in the science section for the 2nd time in a row. Surely the admission officers won't miss this if I show my interest in doing a science major in my application? (Hopefully my SAT 2 scores for Physics and Math level 2 will complement this)

• #1,813
Enigman said:
Ah, then you would have far more immediate concerns like screaming for your life. Lying down flat on your back and covering your face and head also might help.
Thank you, I hope I will never be in a situation of such gravity ( Ha Ha). And I don't know if I will have enough time to log on to PF while I fall down, read the post, follow up some questions and then execute the method.

• #1,814
Kind of weird: there was a party of high schoolers, around 15 (they were holding it in a public place), and they were playing almost all Frank Sinatra songs. Pretty retro. I wonder if they were using words like 'sport', 'dame', 'gams' , etc. during the party. I guess I was just a hepcat passing by, you dig (actually, I am more likely a square)?

Last edited:
  • #1,815
if you notice my posts from 2007 (under the name light_bulb) you could tell I was much smarter, now I supposedly know more but forgot everything I used to know, what gives?

• #1,816
thankz said:
if you notice my posts from 2007 (under the name light_bulb) you could tell I was much smarter, now I supposedly know more but forgot everything I used to know, what gives?
I don't know what gives, but I feel your pain.

• #1,817
oooh dream weaver, I believe you can get me through the night...
oooh dream weaver, I believe we can reach the morning light... :smile:

• #1,818
Maybe random thoughts are not as random as they seem to be.

• #1,819
some are, some are not. personally I believe that when I was split in two (lol) I joined all of god's and am sort of still controlling things along with many other people.

check this out, I want 5 kids, boy girl boy girl boy, Christopher jr., Samantha, Maxwell, Alexander and Sabrina.
I plan to train them my style, I plan on getting them all involved in a singing group along with my wife, I already have a bunch of songs picked out. :biggrin:
gonna make vids and post them on the net. will donate $50,000 to physics forum when I have the cash, since I was little I said I was only worth $40 million but my worth is going up. :woot: if marcus lemonis does give me the money he keeps telling me about, so far I really only need 2.5 mil after taxes for college i'll be set up for my foray into the business world. I'm trying to set myself up eventually to be a defense contractor and tobacco grower and processer among other things. my cousins a heart surgeon and my grandfather was a programmer for ibm so it's not like I'm supposed to be a total dummy even though the rest of my family is just average. if everything works out some of you may end up working for me or some of my friends. :smile: bill gates saw me in 2004 with Cathleen Kennedy (gates you bastard, think about the children!) :wink: btw I did visit the computer museum when it was in Boston when I was a child (keep donating that 15 mil a year.) dreammmm weaverrrrrraaaa...

edit: it's Christopher Patrick Riccard:biggrin:

• #1,820
I am going to hide here until the reddit storm blows over.