Random Thoughts Part 5: Time to Split Again

In summary, the conversation revolved around various topics such as dreams, different numbering systems, and education in different countries. The participants shared personal experiences, opinions, and debated about the merits of different theories. The conversation also included a discussion about a book and a recipe.
  • #1,331
Very cool:
("Superduperperspective" - Patrick Hughes - Birmingham Art Gallery)

Likes collinsmark, Silicon Waffle and Psinter
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,332
DennisN said:
Very cool:
("Superduperperspective" - Patrick Hughes - Birmingham Art Gallery)

Wow! Super perspective indeed.
Silicon Waffle said:
Queenland in Australia ? :DD
Is that the place? How dare they deny bunnies...

Fellow friends from The Great Nation of The 50 Stars, prepare for battle! :mad: No one shall deny bunnies.

I've been listening to quasi-romantic songs lately and I think it is beginning to make me feel. Time to rollback before I become a sentimental individual. Must... resist... emotions...

Must... not... yield... to... emotions... Grrrrrrraaaa!

• #1,333
Psinter said:
Is that the place? How dare they deny bunnies...
Fellow friends from The Great Nation of The 50 Stars, prepare for battle! :mad: No one shall deny bunnies.
It is not allowed to http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/gold-coast/hefty-44000-fines-for-anyone-caught-with-banned-rabbits-in-queensland/story-fnj94idh-1226848517876as a pet in Queensland.

Last edited:
  • #1,334
Psinter said:

Rabbits are an damaging invasive species in Austrailia.

Must... not... yield... to... emotions... Grrrrrrraaaa!

Try some Schumann lieder, that aught to do it one way or another. :devil:

• #1,335
Silicon Waffle said:
It is not allowed to http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/gold-coast/hefty-44000-fines-for-anyone-caught-with-banned-rabbits-in-queensland/story-fnj94idh-1226848517876as a pet in Queensland.
:frown: Bunnies are cute.
einswine said:
Rabbits are an damaging invasive species in Austrailia.
:frown:
einswine said:
Try some Schumann lieder, that aught to do it one way or another. :devil:
For example?

• #1,336
Psinter said:
For example?
How about this one:

Damn, wrong composer.

Likes Psinter
  • #1,337
fresh_42 said:
How about this one:

Damn, wrong composer.

I like both and don't understand either. :-p I perceive the first one as more dramatic.

EDIT:

I am one with the forum now: (Nobody hit the like button please, I am balanced now) :ok:
jW4GKb9.jpg

Last edited:
  • #1,338
Psinter said:
I like both and don't understand either. :-p I perceive the first one as more dramatic.
"dramatic" is an understatement.
I am one with the forum now: (Nobody hit the like button please, I am balanced now) :ok:
jW4GKb9.jpg
Too late :biggrin:

• #1,339
fresh_42 said:
"dramatic" is an understatement.
:olduhh: That was... sad...
fresh_42 said:
Too late :biggrin:
Nooooooooooo! Dislike me! I command you to dislike me! And all the others, dislike me now. :cry: :biggrin:

• #1,340
Psinter said:
:olduhh: That was... sad...

Nooooooooooo! Dislike me! I command you to dislike me! And all the others, dislike me now. :cry: :biggrin:
Go out there and make your posts to answer unanswered questions. That helps you get re-balanced. :biggrin:
Psinter said:
:frown: Bunnies are cute.
:frown:
I only talk to those of the same hobbies or habits. Too many differences in between would ask one or both to adjust themselves to be the same, which is pretty against one's free thoughts and that we just can't change people's mind at all.
If Queenslanders don't love bunnies anymore, then soon the bunnies will move out to other areas where they may feel much warmer and more enjoyable.

• #1,341
Silicon Waffle said:
If Queenslanders don't love bunnies anymore, then soon the bunnies will move out to other areas where they may feel much warmer and more enjoyable.
:smile: That is an encouraging thought. Thanks.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I once talked with a lawyer because I was going to file a lawsuit (which in the end I never did) and he told me: "Have you ever sit down to read the USC Code and State level CCodes? If you did you would simply go home, seclude yourself in your room, and lay on the bed looking at the ceiling and do nothing until you die... EVERYTHING is illegal. EVERYTHING." (He made emphasis on the word 'everything'.) "Even saying hi to someone on the streets can get you behind the bars. And this is no joke here I'm telling you." he said to me as he explained ways we could proceed in the lawsuit if I hired him and the probabilities of winning the case according to what I had of evidence if I decided to file the lawsuit.

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #1,342
Hello, I didn't know where to post this..but I keep seeing documentaries of where the aircrafts wings/engines/other sections are damaged/fall apart/or on fire..and the pilots up front can't see anything. Oftentimes they have to go back during critical moments to check.

So my question is, why aren't cameras added for some of the sections? Like the wings and engines, perhaps the tail section too? so in case of something the pilot can see. Of course I am not sure where and how many would be added, but I imagine it can be done so as to cover enough visually.

• #1,343
Kilo Vectors said:
So my question is, why aren't cameras added for some of the sections?
No idea, but it does sounds like something that could be done very easily and at low cost.

Time is running out, let's see what will happen. (and my book :book: pages are getting yellow, I can't believe I paid so much money for a book whose pages turn yellow)

Likes Kilo Vectors
  • #1,344
Psinter said:
No idea, but it does sounds like something that could be done very easily and at low cost.

Time is running out, let's see what will happen. (and my book :book: pages are getting yellow, I can't believe I paid so much money for a book whose pages turn yellow)

They already added them to cars..for parking etc or maybe it isn't as helpful as I think, I actually googled this and some pilots on forums wish it were there, they wouldn't mind.

• #1,345
Kilo Vectors said:
They already added them to cars..for parking etc or maybe it isn't as helpful as I think, I actually googled this and some pilots on forums wish it were there, they wouldn't mind.
I think it would be helpful. :wink:

• #1,346
Interesting answer from waiter when my friend asked if the mushrooms in the salad were fresh: " yes, sir, we just opened the can (of mushrooms)"

Likes Sophia
  • #1,347
WWGD said:
Interesting answer from waiter when my friend asked if the mushrooms in the salad were fresh: " yes, sir, we just opened the can (of mushrooms)"
Canned mushrooms don't get fresher than that.

Likes fresh_42
  • #1,348
zoobyshoe said:
Canned mushrooms don't get fresher than that.
And it makes you think that in this humble abode, they sell Guac and Chips for $7 a pop, as appetizers *. I just came back from shopping and found a box of chips and a pack of Guac for a total of $7 , which would give me some 10 servings, each equal to a serving at the restaurant ( and of similar taste and quality). I am not anti-profit, but a 900% markup seems a bit too much, specially in a place that is not too high-scale, even after considering the additional costs at a restaurant.

* Confusing how app is short both for applications as well as for appetizer.

• #1,349
WWGD said:
And it makes you think that in this humble abode, they sell Guac and Chips for $7 a pop, as appetizers *. I just came back from shopping and found a box of chips and a pack of Guac for a total of $7 , which would give me some 10 servings, each equal to a serving at the restaurant ( and of similar taste and quality). I am not anti-profit, but a 900% markup seems a bit too much, specially in a place that is not too high-scale, even after considering the additional costs at a restaurant.

* Confusing how app is short both for applications as well as for appetizer.
Actually, my thought was to wonder how long the opened can of mushrooms sits before they decide they're no longer fresh canned mushrooms.

• #1,350
zoobyshoe said:
Actually, my thought was to wonder how long the opened can of mushrooms sits before they decide they're no longer fresh canned mushrooms.
How long does a non-canned mushroom have to sit before it's not fresh?

• #1,351
zoobyshoe said:
Until the point where the most pungent salad dressing cannot hide the rotten flavor anymore. Or the point where mushrooms start growing their own mushrooms.

Likes Sophia
  • #1,352
Ibix said:
How long does a non-canned mushroom have to sit before it's not fresh?
Your brain may be entangled with Zoobyshoe's -- along a mushroom information channel (which I believe is either channel 714 or 1429).

• #1,353
WWGD said:
Your brain may be entangled with Zoobyshoe's -- along a mushroom information channel (which I believe is either channel 714 or 1429).
It's a very narrow channel - there's not mushroom at all.

Likes Sophia, Psinter, zoobyshoe and 1 other person
  • #1,354
Ibix said:
It's a very narrow channel - there's not mushroom at all.
Ouch! Another lame one though.

• #1,355
WWGD said:
Or the point where mushrooms start growing their own mushrooms.
Well, that makes me think.

• #1,356
collinsmark said:
Well, that makes me think.
How about the fact that yogurt --rotten cheese -- itself can spoil?

• #1,357
WWGD said:
How about the fact that yogurt --rotten cheese -- itself can spoil?
Do not complain. Those mushrooms saved me recently and several times before.

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #1,358
fresh_42 said:
Is that a confessional on your wilder days with mushrooms?

Likes fresh_42
  • #1,359
WWGD said:
I've thought of Alexander Fleming. (My risk aversion is too high to try uncontrollable doses.)

• #1,360
Rotten cheese and mushrooms are equally horrible. Disgusts are shown when the desire is out. o0)

• #1,361
Silicon Waffle said:
Rotten cheese and mushrooms are equally horrible. Disgusts are shown when the desire is out. o0)
OK, I won't take my shoes of in public if you are around.

• #1,362
WWGD said:
OK, I won't take my shoes of in public if you are around.
<PedantryMode=On >The smell escaping your shoes is neither from rotten cheese nor from mushrooms but from bacteria against which a mushroom I mentioned before actually helps.</PedantryMode=Off>

• #1,363
fresh_42 said:
WWGD said:
I interpreted it as a reference to antibiotics.

[Edit: oops. I missed some subsequent posts that explained everything.]

Last edited:
  • #1,364
fresh_42 said:
<PedantryMode=On >The smell escaping your shoes is neither from rotten cheese nor from mushrooms but from bacteria against which a mushroom I mentioned before actually helps.</PedantryMode=Off>
Don't know, I was accused of engaging in biological warfare with my feet as weapons.

• #1,365
WWGD said:
Don't know, I was accused of engaging in biological warfare with my feet as weapons.
In this case don't use white food powder! It might get you into serious trouble, e.g. at airports.