What Exactly Is Happening In the Arab/Persian World?

• News
  • Thread starter nismaratwork
  • Start date
In summary, the protests in Egypt are continuing and there are reports of violence and fires. The situation is not looking good for the government.

DevilsAvocado said:
I’ve fixed a direct HTML-link to: http://s.ytimg.com/yt/swfbin/watch_as3-vflMkPRJq.swf?el=livepage&fmt_list=22%2F10%2F9%2F0%2F115%2C35%2F3%2F9%2F0%2F115%2C34%2F0%2F9%2F0%2F115&ps=live&video_id=live0000001&vq=auto&partnerid=24&t=irock&fmt_stream_map=22%7Caljazeera_en_veryhigh%7Crtmp%3A%2F%2Faljazeeraflashlivefs.fplive.net%2Faljazeeraflashlive-live%2C35%7Caljazeera_en_high%7Crtmp%3A%2F%2Faljazeeraflashlivefs.fplive.net%2Faljazeeraflashlive-live%2C34%7Caljazeera_en_medium%7Crtmp%3A%2F%2Faljazeeraflashlivefs.fplive.net%2Faljazeeraflashlive-live"

To get a 'clean page', with the video stream only. I hope this is okay...? :rolleyes:

(It’s very interesting to 'compare' CNN, BBC and Al Jazeera...)

Good! Thank you. Can someone give me a live feed to Nismar??

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Lacy33 said:
Good! Thank you. Can someone give me a live feed to Nismar??

Nooooooooo :cry:

(:wink:)

DevilsAvocado said:
Nooooooooo :cry:

(:wink:)

Thank you. It is very important to have our friends/supports around when dealing with a crisis. Our countries, our world is troubled. We have a community here. We need each other.

Lacy33 said:
Thank you. It is very important to have our friends/supports around when dealing with a crisis. Our countries, our world is troubled. We have a community here. We need each other.

Thank you Lacy, if preparing an HTML-link is all I can do – I will prepare an HTML-link! :smile:

DevilsAvocado said:
Thank you Lacy, if preparing an HTML-link is all I can do – I will prepare an HTML-link! :smile:

Thank you. I will be here. thank you

EGYPTIAN VP: Yada Yada Yada paragraph Yada Yada Yada I need 70 days Yada Yada Yada infiltrators Yada Yada Yada we will find out who is responsible Yada Yada Yada the youth need to trust in the government Yada Yada Yada ...

Trust? After this? :bugeye:

Swedish TV reporter arrested

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsvt.se%2F2.58360%2F1.2316045%2Futskriftsvanligt_format%3Fprinterfriendly%3Dtrue"

[PLAIN]http://svt.se/content/1/c8/02/31/60/45/BERTSUNDSTROM_370.jpg

His wife phoned his cell phone, and an "Egyptian voice" answered:
"Your husband is kept by the Egyptian government, the military. If you orphans would like have him, so come and get him."

I'm very sorry. From our sources, we are hearing that the groups? are going after the media in the hotels.
CNN is much more quiet. I am afraid. Too wild. The peoples are way tooo wild. :frown:

Lacy33 said:
I'm very sorry.

Hillary Clinton is addressing these questions right now on CNN & Al Jazeera.

Current 'speculations': Tomorrow is Friday and very many people will go to the mosque. The last thing Mubarak wants is that all these people then continue to Tahrir Square for the "final battle"...

Mubarak To-Do: Scare the sh*t out of western journalist, so that they don’t dare to get out in the street. Cut the live video feed from Tahrir Square. Cut as much lighting as possible. Clear Tahrir Square from all demonstrators and – if necessary don’t hesitate to turn it into a new "Tiananmen Square" behind a 'smokescreen'...

The Swedish reporter won’t be there, he’s in hospital, badly beaten and stabbed...

Interestingly enough, Al-Jazeera's traffic has tripled in the last week. So I guess lots of people want to know what's going on.

Math Is Hard said:
I have no idea why the U.S. would be blamed for bad leadership in Egypt. Please explain.

for one, we support them. militarily and financially. one might interpret that to mean that we have approved of their undertakings. those abrams tanks and other military equipment came from us. and we still provide maintenance and repair support for that hardware.

so, that comes with a great deal of responsibility. if egypt begins to misuse that military hardware, are we going to step in and neutralize it?

The Mubarak regime doesn’t belong in a civilized world, the Gestapo Polizei is treating living humans as if they were bowling pins! :mad: :mad: :mad:

*** WARNING: Extremely VIOLENT footage! ***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpFSE4dXOZs

DevilsAvocado said:
The Mubarak regime doesn’t belong in a civilized world, the Gestapo Polizei is treating living humans as if they were bowling pins! :mad: :mad: :mad:

*** WARNING: Extremely VIOLENT footage! ***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpFSE4dXOZs

How do you know (for certain) the identity of the driver? Also, weren't both sides throwing firebombs at each other all night long?

DevilsAvocado said:
Hillary Clinton is addressing these questions right now on CNN & Al Jazeera.

Thank you
The Swedish reporter won’t be there, he’s in hospital, badly beaten and stabbed...

I'm so sorry DA about the Swedish reporter.

WhoWee said:
How do you know (for certain) the identity of the driver? Also, weren't both sides throwing firebombs at each other all night long?

Nope. The firebomb throwing was incredibly one-sided.

Char. Limit said:
Nope. The firebomb throwing was incredibly one-sided.

I couldn't help but think they must be low on fuel (small firebombs for the most part) - or they might've had small bottles?

WhoWee said:
How do you know (for certain) the identity of the driver?

Unless you aren’t buying the Mubarak propaganda: http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2011/02/03/seg.egypt.van.crowd.cnn.html"

ev7rx2.jpg

WhoWee said:
Also, weren't both sides throwing firebombs at each other all night long?

I don’t know what you have done the last 24 hr, but I can tell you almost an united world is overwhelmingly convinced on who provoked who, and who is really behind all this latest violent turmoil.

Also, how do you know (for certain) that both sides were throwing firebombs at each other?

Lacy33 said:
I'm so sorry DA about the Swedish reporter.

Yes, it’s crazy. Mubarak is an old military that is convinced he can solve every problem with violence. It won’t work, the man has lost.

The reporter is conscious and can talk. I hope he will be okay...

DevilsAvocado said:
Unless you aren’t buying the Mubarak propaganda: http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2011/02/03/seg.egypt.van.crowd.cnn.html"

ev7rx2.jpg

I don’t know what you have done the last 24 hr, but I can tell you almost an united world is overwhelmingly convinced on who provoked who, and who is really behind all this latest violent turmoil.

Also, how do you know (for certain) that both sides were throwing firebombs at each other?

First, I can't see inside the windows of the van - can you?
Next, who provoked who sounds a little strange considering tens of thousands of people were in the streets - did the who or the who vandalize the mummies and was it the who or the who that set fires to buildings and was it the who or the who that...WhoWee! I've had enough...whooo.
As for the firebombs - is it common for persons on the same side of a conflict to throw firebombs at each other? You do agree that firebombs were being thrown in two directions last evening - don't you?

WhoWee said:
First, I can't see inside the windows of the van - can you?
Next, who provoked who sounds a little strange considering tens of thousands of people were in the streets - did the who or the who vandalize the mummies and was it the who or the who that set fires to buildings and was it the who or the who that...WhoWee! I've had enough...whooo.
As for the firebombs - is it common for persons on the same side of a conflict to throw firebombs at each other? You do agree that firebombs were being thrown in two directions last evening - don't you?

Sigh... I give up... I can only tell you that you are alone, utterly alone...

(turn on your telly for god’s sake)

DevilsAvocado said:
Sigh... I give up... I can only tell you that you are alone, utterly alone...

(turn on your telly for god’s sake)

Again, how do you know "who" was driving the van? Maybe it was stolen?

I did watch the TV - firebombs being thrown back and forth between two groups. Do you deny this?

I'm not a fan of Mubarak - but the crowd is not innocent either.

WhoWee said:

I did watch the TV - firebombs being thrown back and forth between two groups. Do you deny this?

Thanks for the laugh man! You’re just too much!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

WhoWee said:

From the clips I watched, firebombs were being thrown into the crowd, not out of it.

DevilsAvocado said:
Thanks for the laugh man! You’re just too much!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

You really should respect the people you're debating more.

WhoWee said:
The pro-democracy protests were remarkably peaceful, and included men, women, and children of all ages. The "pro Mubarak" faction were bussed/trucked in and they had camels, horses, whips and other weapons. Is there any any reasonable deniability that would absolve Mubarak from complicity in the suppression of the pro-democracy protests? I'd like to see it, apart from Eqyptian state television that blames foreign journalists for all the the conflict.

Evo said:
Obviously it's not true. Post a legitimate source to back your post.

I have no opinion on whether or not it's true. However it is quite plausible that the majority of Egyptians think it's true.

For example, the Pew Global Attutudes Survey found Egypt was the most anti-US nation in their survey. 82% of respondents were anti-US, 17% were pro-US.

My source for the survey figures: Financial Times newpaper (UK) today. I expect the complete survey results are online somewhere.

Char. Limit said:
Interestingly enough, Al-Jazeera's traffic has tripled in the last week. So I guess lots of people want to know what's going on.

I am afraid that we need to stop promoting Al Jazeera as a news agency.

They are apparently anti-Semitic, anti-American, and would do violence to you(and me).

---------------------------------
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/02/oreilly-colmes-al-jazeera-fight_n_817404.html"

turbo-1 said:
The pro-democracy protests were remarkably peaceful, and included men, women, and children of all ages. The "pro Mubarak" faction were bussed/trucked in and they had camels, horses, whips and other weapons. Is there any any reasonable deniability that would absolve Mubarak from complicity in the suppression of the pro-democracy protests? I'd like to see it, apart from Eqyptian state television that blames foreign journalists for all the the conflict.

I realize that you have absolute proof to support everything you've posted - because you follow Al Jazeera. However, I haven't viewed anything that's as one sided as you (and DevilsAvocado) indicate.

This video certainly doesn't clarify "who is who"?

It might be an unpopular stance to take, but I'm growing very tired of the "pro-democracy" vs Mubarak forces rhetoric. It's not that simple and everyone on the street doesn't want a "democracy" - nor are they peaceful.

I'm also tired of people making excuses for rioters and criminals who vandalize businesses and museums. Where is the sympathy for the shop owners who have lost everything - did Mubarak-organized thugs do that too?

OmCheeto said:

They are apparently anti-Semitic, anti-American, and would do violence to you(and me).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/02/oreilly-colmes-al-jazeera-fight_n_817404.html"

you need to stop promoting a bigot like O'Reilly

OmCheeto said:

Ahahaha, I would listen to Al Jazeera before O'Reilly!

OmCheeto said:

Almost everyone who works at Al Jazeera is a Semite. The station is not anti-American, it is pro-Arab. Arab interests and American interests do not always coincide. As for doing violence to you and me, that is ridiculous. They are business people and reporters, not savages.

I have lived and traveled throughout the Middle East. Given the choice of spending tonight in Tahrir Square or downtown Detroit, I'll take Cairo.

WhoWee said:
I'm also tired of people making excuses for rioters and criminals who vandalize businesses and museums. Where is the sympathy for the shop owners who have lost everything - did Mubarak-organized thugs do that too?

Do you also feel sorry for the merchants who lost their tea in Boston Harbor? Is it your opinion that the looters who boarded the ships and dumped the tea were nasty old rioters and criminals?

All revolutions have collateral damage.

klimatos said:
Do you also feel sorry for the merchants who lost their tea in Boston Harbor? Is it your opinion that the looters who boarded the ships and dumped the tea were nasty old rioters and criminals?

All revolutions have collateral damage.
That's very true.

What many people don't realize about the American revoltion is that it wasn't a revolution of the people, it was a revolution of the wealthy merchants that didn't like their profits being undercut.

klimatos said:
Almost everyone who works at Al Jazeera is a Semite. The station is not anti-American, it is pro-Arab. Arab interests and American interests do not always coincide. As for doing violence to you and me, that is ridiculous. They are business people and reporters, not savages.

I have lived and traveled throughout the Middle East. Given the choice of spending tonight in Tahrir Square or downtown Detroit, I'll take Cairo.

How do you know "Almost everyone who works at Al Jazeera is a Semite"? Is that public information?

As for downtown Detroit - have you ever been there? As much as I don't care for Detroit - this looks more comfortable than Tahrir Square.
http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=DETDHGI

This too:
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dtwdt-detroit-marriott-at-the-renaissance-center/

WhoWee said:
How do you know "Almost everyone who works at Al Jazeera is a Semite"? Is that public information?

As for downtown Detroit - have you ever been there? As much as I don't care for Detroit - this looks more comfortable than Tahrir Square.
http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=DETDHGI

This too:
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dtwdt-detroit-marriott-at-the-renaissance-center/

Wikipedia said:
In linguistics and ethnology, Semitic (from the Biblical "Shem", Hebrew: שם‎, translated as "name", Arabic: ساميّ‎) was first used to refer to a language family of largely Middle Eastern origin, now called the Semitic languages. This family includes the ancient and modern forms of Akkadian, Amharic, Arabic, Aramaic, Ge'ez, Hebrew, Maltese, Phoenician, Tigre and Tigrinya among others.

Yeah, I'd say they're Semites.

Back