Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
  • #1,191
Gad said:
I iz sad. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrNZ-qod3eg

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,192
Sounds like a crazy cat lady in the making.

Besides, am I the only one to wonder why this kitten didn't leave the basket for over two minutes?

• #1,193
Borek said:
Sounds like a crazy cat lady in the making.

Besides, am I the only one to wonder why this kitten didn't leave the basket for over two minutes?

The crazy cat lady legend has some substance to it though...
Toxoplasma gondii, a common cat litter parasite can infect humans and enter our brains and induce high risk-taking behaviour, schizophrenia, depression and anxiety. Apparently there is suspected to be a symbiotic relation between cats and the parasite.
Parasite lives in cat, cat poops out parasites, parasite infect mice, mice are no longer afraid of cats, cats eat mice.
This is the reason pregnant women are advised not to meddle with cat poop.
More on the parasite here:How Cat Litter Parasite Toxoplasma Gondii Influences The Brain
:devil:

• #1,194
My DVD copy of The Mother Lode arrived today. If the (father and son) Hestons cast that movie, they hit a home run. Kim Basinger was the most lovely woman in film at the time,and her career was just starting. Rent it if you can.

• #1,195
I'm bored...time for some maths...

• #1,196
I had a sandwich delivered last night from a local sub shop, I ordered online and put the tip on the order, so it was already pre-populated and charged to my credit card. When the guy came to the door, I went to get the slip to sign and he showed me that he'd already signed it for me. I have seen him before, I order maybe once a month. I just thought that was a bit odd. I actually appreciated the gesture, it saved me the trouble of putting the food away first so I could sign it, and it didn't benefit him since everything on the slip was pre-populated and he couldn't change anything. It still makes me wonder.

• #1,197
sh sh sh sh sh she was shakin

• #1,199
AlephZero said:
If you thought getting a university place in the USA was too hard ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23843578

Wow. I feel horrible for the kids. Stupid civil war wasn't their fault but they sure are paying the price.

• #1,200
I had 2 tests about optics as said before in this thread, I failed one (49/100), what the puk![my mistake was to not add more details in the last deductive problem ] but I am not mad about it. It's a Poor test! I'm waiting for the second test's result, hopefully I'll be able to get more than 51/100.

• #1,201
krash661 said:
sh sh sh sh sh she was shakin

Who? The cat lady?

• #1,202
Enigman said:
Who? The cat lady?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #1,203
Someone just asked good questions. I think I know the answer, but it is probably one of those answers that is better to be ignorant of. Things can get interesting.

I will not keep you posted.

Likes gracy
  • #1,204
krash661 said:

Enigman said:
... enter our brains and induce high risk-taking behaviour, schizophrenia, depression and anxiety...

Yep, definitely a crazy cat lady, though this is the first instance of the parasite inducing parkinson's...:-p

• #1,205
Borek said:
Someone just asked good questions. I think I know the answer, but it is probably one of those answers that is better to be ignorant of. Things can get interesting.

Hmmmm, mysterious and interesting!

• #1,206
Hi, I am new here and I am now in a bad mood.:(

• #1,207
Borek said:

Don't let me know when something happens.

• #1,208
Have you ever felt handuffed while you're not.. sigh.

• #1,209
Gad said:
Do you mean you feel like your hands are tied?

• #1,210
Gad said:

Handuffed - manually covered with dough.

• #1,211
zoobyshoe said:
Do you mean you feel like your hands are tied?

Metaphorically, yes.

• #1,212
Borek said:
Handuffed - manually covered with dough.

.. :)

• #1,213
Sometimes, I feel the same way
tumblr_mesre0xPSW1rypxxpo1_500.png

• #1,214
A guy came by a coffee house I was at this morning passing out ads for a super-nutritional supplement that would cure everything. It had testimonials from people who were cured of cancer, had their grey hair turn dark again, and had their amputated limbs grow back. All along their problem had been occult vitamin/mineral deficiencies, which this supplement alleviated.

So, I have as many little aches and pains as the next nonagenarian my age, and I wondered if that was because I had an occult vitamin/mineral deficiency. I went to the store twice today and bought a bunch of kinds of fruit I don't normally eat. Like cranberries. (I have this idea cranberries are really good for you, but I don't eat them very often.)

This reminded me I have about 5 containers of rosemary in the fridge that I bought over a year ago. I bought it because I read that a cup of rosemary tea every day is good for your memory. I keep forgetting to drink it, though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/27/rosemary-brain-memory-18-cineole_n_1304250.html

• #1,217
Today I was talking with a friend at work. I told her, I have four days off because I'm taking tomorrow and Friday off. She said, so you have five days off. I looked at her, puzzled. She said, Monday is a holiday, you know. I said, no I did not know that.

So...I have five days off, and I'm happy I have friends who keep track of these things :smile:.

• #1,218
Evo, empty your inbox please..

• #1,219
Gad said:
Evo, empty your inbox please..
It's empty, has been all day. :confused: Try again.

• #1,220

• #1,221
:smile: nice, trollcast!

• #1,222
How could you make it! I am so much amazed!

• #1,223
I wouldn't be able to eat/drink that, it's art!

• #1,224
  • #1,225
It's approved!

Not sure if I should be happy about it or not, but I feel happy. :smile: