Collection of Lame Jokes

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jokes
In summary: It's a humor that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness. It's not for everyone.Not a fan of surrealism, I take it?In summary, surrealism is an art form that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness, often producing incongruous imagery or effects. It may not be appreciated by everyone, but for those who do, it can be quite humorous.
  • #7,701
jtbell said:
Diddle diddle dumpling, mice on John,
Went to bed with his trousers on;
One shoe off and one shoe on,
Diddle diddle dumpling, mice on John.
British comedian Peter Kay reveals Sister Sledge singing "Just let me staple the vicar". And lots more misheard lyrics.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #7,702
DrGreg said:
British comedian Peter Kay reveals Sister Sledge singing "Just let me staple the vicar". And lots more misheard lyrics.

According to TV Tropes the phenomenon is called Mondegreen, from a ballad where they killed the Earl O'Murray and Lady Mondegreen (or "...and laid him on the green", which are the actual words). Its https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Analysis/Mondegreen is interesting - although since it doesn't come close to PF standards of references, a pinch of salt is probably advisable.

• #7,703
DrGreg said:

Decades ago, there was a french radio morning show in Montreal where they did a segment call "auditory hallucinations". People were sending popular english song where you could hear french sentences. Since then, I still can't hear anything else but "Nous faisons des oeufs" ("We are making eggs" in french) as the first sentence in The Unforgiven from Metallica.

• #7,704
New blood joins the earth versus nous faisons des oeufs? How do blood and faisons match?

• #7,705
fresh_42 said:
New blood joins the earth versus nous faisons des oeufs? How do blood and faisons match?
It is "blood joins" that becomes "faisons." Personally, I think that the "bl" is too pronounced to be confused with a "f" sound, but I can understand the auditory hallucination.

I remember the show @jack action mentioned, but unfortunately don't remember many of the hallucinations. However, there are a couple in Message in a Bottle by The Police that I still can here to this day:

"More loneliness than any man could bear" becomes "Mon oncle Binette a une main coupée" (My uncle Binette has a hand cut off).

"Message in the bottle" becomes "Laisse le gin dans l'bateau" (Leave the gin in the boat).

• #7,706
fresh_42 said:
It's 'blood joins' that sounds like 'faisons'. It's concentrated on the 's' sound of 'joins', which the singer pronounce very distinctly and which is a sound that doesn't really exist in french at the end of a word. The 'on' sounds at the end is silent (it's more like 'ood joins sounds like 'aizn).

You had to listen to the show. Once you are told «Listen, it sounds like this», you can't hear anything else afterwards. And when you don't clearly understand the original language, your brain corrects it to something you know.

• #7,707
DrClaude said:
It is "blood joins" that becomes "faisons." Personally, I think that the "bl" is too pronounced to be confused with a "f" sound, but I can understand the auditory hallucination.

I remember the show @jack action mentioned, but unfortunately don't remember many of the hallucinations. However, there are a couple in Message in a Bottle by The Police that I still can here to this day:

"More loneliness than any man could bear" becomes "Mon oncle Binette a une main coupée" (My uncle Binette has a hand cut off).

"Message in the bottle" becomes "Laisse le gin dans l'bateau" (Leave the gin in the boat).
This what I'm talking about! :oldlaugh::oldlaugh::oldlaugh:

I'm just reading this text like everyone else and cannot see the link between the french and english sentences, even when repeating the sentence out loud. But I just went on youtube to listen to the song and I can't hear anything else but the french sentences! For sure, I could never tell you that they are saying "More loneliness than any man could bear".

• Wow
Likes Keith_McClary
  • #7,708
Ibix said:
Reminds me of the kid who thought Jesus had a funny looking teddy bear called Gladly, because of the hymn "Gladly, thy cross-eyed bear".
And then there’s the kid from New Jersey (or maybe it was Long Island) who didn’t want to take the train to Duh City because the Lord’s Prayer says “lead us not into Penn Station, but deliver us from evil.”

• Haha
Likes phinds, WWGD and Ibix
  • #7,709
1592832492321.png

Likes strangerep, WWGD, jack action and 1 other person
  • #7,710
main-qimg-c3b500dee5f6c236d1d3288e5de05dda.jpeg

• Haha
Likes BillTre, davenn, jtbell and 2 others
  • #7,711
main-qimg-6068866a9afc42da477111df23ce23e8.jpeg

• Haha
Likes strangerep, BillTre and jack action
  • #7,712
main-qimg-2de929997eb5b049fc5bfd3a89209f6e.jpeg

• Wow
Likes davenn and Filip Larsen
  • #7,714
I've just found out my girlfriend is a ghost.
To be honest, i had my suspicions when she first walked through the door..

Likes Ibix, Wrichik Basu, jack action and 3 others
  • #7,715
Shakespeare's pencils.jpg

Likes Ibix, BillTre, etotheipi and 2 others
  • #7,716
main-qimg-925b46caff70f06e907283e3fdcba964.jpeg

• Love
Likes Ibix, jack action, Wrichik Basu and 1 other person
  • #7,717
main-qimg-dd7088b7d025d1282bba64d4718da017.png

Likes davenn
  • #7,718
main-qimg-c0507670f2bfcc8da6bb976b798dedfa.jpeg

Likes jack action, davenn and BillTre
  • #7,719
davenn said:
Shakespeare's pencils
I once tried to get the timing of a signal right by adding/removing cables of different length. The cables had labels "1B", "2B", "3B", "4B" from some previous use. I quickly encountered the question "2B or not 2B" - seriously. The answer was to include 2B.

Likes jack action and davenn
  • #7,720
davenn said:
Shakespeare's pencils
I told this joke on this website several years ago, but it's time to tell it again.

A logical joke:

Code:
2B OR NOT 2B

That is the question.

Code:
TRUE

That is the answer.

• Love
Likes jack action, etotheipi, DrClaude and 2 others
  • #7,721
money for nothing.jpg

Likes strangerep, BillTre and jack action
  • #7,722
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who do not...

Likes strangerep and collinsmark
  • #7,723
stack_overflow_how_long_to_hardboil_an_egg.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Likes DrClaude, Wrichik Basu, WWGD and 2 others
  • #7,725
Hmm yes, that's why I keep burning all of my eggs! It's because I haven't been solving the thermal diffusion equation with an expansion in spherical waves of the form ##T_k(r,t) = \frac{B_k}{r}e^{i(\omega t - kr)}##! :doh:

Likes davenn and Ibix
  • #7,727
fresh_42 said:
... and as always: The entire calculation is completely in vain as nobody knows in advance the correct mass, thickness of the shell and initial temperature.
...so we need to start marketing MRI machines for domestic users.

• Informative
Likes mfb and fresh_42
  • #7,728
  • Haha
Likes hmmm27, BillTre, WWGD and 1 other person
  • #7,729
main-qimg-5efcfd3eb3bbd187a7d1df7c405d17f3.jpeg

Likes Wrichik Basu and BillTre
  • #7,730
main-qimg-266108a1672ef422951da9f6692fcc7c.jpeg

• Haha
Likes strangerep and Wrichik Basu