Collection of Lame Jokes

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jokes
In summary: It's a humor that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness. It's not for everyone.Not a fan of surrealism, I take it?In summary, surrealism is an art form that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness, often producing incongruous imagery or effects. It may not be appreciated by everyone, but for those who do, it can be quite humorous.
  • #16,976
berkeman said:
Little-known fact -- That first paying passenger Tony Jannus was the great-grandfather of San Francisco 49ers quarterback and wunderkind Brock Purdy! :wink:

Not many people have heard about Tony's brother Hugh as he was one big a-hole.

• Haha
Likes WWGD, DennisN, phinds and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #16,977
(shoutout to all Beatles fans, including @pinball1970 and @ZapperZ )

I could easily see myself doing exactly this thing... it's my kind of humor...

The guy first plays stupid in a joke, and then after many people take it way too seriously and even get upset, he continues to play stupid, again and again in a hilarious way.

Never give up, never surrender when doing comedy like this! :biggrin:#20 You Know You're Good At Trolling When You P-ss Off The Entire Internet

Beatles.jpg

(from https://www.boredpanda.com/funny-trolling/)

(I wouldn't do it on PF though; here I usually don't play stupid, so if I sound stupid here, it's probably not a play. :smile:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit, a bonus trolling example:

A 141 Years Old Troll (from the same article link above):

I love this one because it is so weird... what an experience it must have been to be
trolled by a long-dead person:

141 Years Old Troll.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Likes davenn, Wrichik Basu, BillTre and 5 others
  • #16,978
Just received this in my inbox :
" Don't ignore your pest problem".
My reply: " You're right. That's why I just unsubscribed and blocked you".

• Haha
Likes nuuskur, dextercioby, Wrichik Basu and 5 others
  • #16,979
What lies on the ground, 100 feet in the air?

A dead centipede.

• Haha
  • Love
Likes davenn, nuuskur, collinsmark and 6 others
  • #16,980
jack action said:
What lies on the ground, 100 feet in the air?

A dead centipede.
@phinds, your wolf image is needed...

• Haha
Likes jack action, BillTre, fresh_42 and 1 other person
  • #16,981
Ibix said:
@phinds, your wolf image is needed...
I'm no Phinds but but I can do a decent b dum dishhhhh.

Likes phinds, WWGD and Ibix
  • #16,982
DennisN said:
A 141 Years Old Troll (from the same article link above):
FutureThoughts.jpg

I think that in our future, AI will be able to generate a facsimile of us from our online postings and allow future generations to have conversations with us. Some people would be in serious trouble.

Borg will be seen as a visionary for predicting this capability. To those in the future, go to page 151. :oldtongue:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Likes jack action, BillTre, phinds and 2 others
  • #16,984
Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 11.03.57 AM.png

• Haha
Likes davenn, pinball1970, WWGD and 1 other person
  • #16,985
BillTre said:
Who needs Zeno of Elea and his paradoxes if we have the internet? Bertrand Russell would have been delighted!

Likes pinball1970 and DennisN
  • #16,986
Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 5.36.47 PM.png

• Haha
Likes nuuskur, collinsmark, pinball1970 and 1 other person
  • #16,987
  • #16,988
Borg said:
I think that in our future, AI will be able to generate a facsimile of us from our online postings and allow future generations to have conversations with us. Some people would be in serious trouble.
This has hair-raising shades of Roko's Basilisk.

"...an otherwise benevolent artificial superintelligence (AI) in the future would be incentivized to create a virtual reality simulation to torture anyone who knew of its potential existence but did not directly contribute to its advancement or development, in order to incentivise said advancement."

The creepy part being

"...its stipulation that knowing about the theory and its basilisk made one vulnerable to the basilisk itself."

• #16,989
"What do you look like? Where did you get your black eyes from?"

"You remember that I have this latent OCD problem? Now there was this woman in front of me on the escalator in the department store with her skirt stuck up her butt. I pulled it out and she turned around and slapped me hard!"

"And the other eye?"

"I pushed it back in."

• Haha
Likes dextercioby, jack action and BillTre
  • #16,990
Here's a riddle: Who gets to drive first?

_nc_ohc=Rkb2w39y0AYAX-k8t5v&_nc_ht=scontent-fra5-1.jpg

I could have erased the German comment since the picture is self-explaining, but that would have caused an upload of an entire picture instead of only a few bytes for the link.

• Wow
Likes pinball1970 and phinds
  • #16,991
_nc_ohc=0gQx0iFksiUAX-CpZF9&_nc_ht=scontent-fra3-1.jpg

I could have erased the German comment since the picture is self-explaining, but that would have caused an upload of an entire picture instead of only a few bytes for the link.

Likes pinball1970
  • #16,993
fresh_42 said:
Who gets to drive first?
I experienced that a couple of times in Malaysia. On some intersections without traffic lights, people would just start driving across if the 1st lane was open and then wait for an opening in the 2nd lane, then completing the crossing. Once traffic densities from multiple directions reached a threshold the result was a Gordian knot. We all had to wait for a policeman to come along on a motorbike and sort it out.

They had a similar mentality with elevators: when the doors opened, people outside would just push to get in, all together, while those inside were trying to get out, all together.

• #16,994
I was driving a hearse on the motorway. The police pulled me over for undertaking.

• Haha
Likes phinds, fresh_42 and pinball1970
  • #16,996
I saw an ad for burial plots, and I thought: “That’s the last thing I need!”

• Haha
Likes collinsmark, Wrichik Basu, Ibix and 7 others
  • #16,997
deaf-wife-fallen.jpg

• Haha
Likes Wrichik Basu, davenn, phinds and 1 other person
  • #16,998
No matter how good the hand soap smells, never walk out of a bathroom sniffing your fingers.

• Haha
Likes davenn and strangerep
  • #16,999
FB_IMG_1697062392980.jpg

• Haha
Likes Wrichik Basu, fresh_42, davenn and 2 others
  • #17,000
1697098644099.png

• Haha
  • Love
Likes DennisN, collinsmark, Wrichik Basu and 4 others
  • #17,001
How to really spook for Halloween.
FB_IMG_1697136400165.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Likes collinsmark, Wrichik Basu, davenn and 6 others
  • #17,002
_nc_ohc=xPpwNnKIWXEAX9xki4C&_nc_ht=scontent-fra3-2.jpg

• Haha
Likes dextercioby, Wrichik Basu, DennisN and 5 others
  • #17,003
Ever since I was a child, I’ve always had a fear of someone under my bed at night. So I went to a Psychiatrist and told him I’ve got problems. Every time I go to bed I think there’s somebody under it. I’m scared. I think I’m going crazy.

"Just put yourself in my hands for one year," said the psychiatrist. "Come talk to me three times a week and we should be able to get rid of those fears."

"How much do you charge"

"Eighty dollars per visit," replied the doctor.

"I’ll sleep on it and I will come back to you if needed," I said.
Six months later the Psychiatrist met me on the street.

"Why didn’t you come to see me about those fears you were having" he asked.

"Well, Eighty bucks a visit three times a week for a year is an awful lot of money! A bartender cured me for $10. I was so happy to have saved all that money that I went and bought me a new SUV."

"Is that so!" With a bit of an attitude he said, "And how, may I ask, did a bartender cure you"

"He told me to cut the legs off the bed – ain’t nobody under there now!"

• Love
  • Haha
Likes dextercioby, phinds, Bystander and 8 others
  • #17,004
davenn said:
Ever since I was a child, I’ve always had a fear of someone under my bed at night. So I went to a Psychiatrist and told him I’ve got problems. Every time I go to bed I think there’s somebody under it. I’m scared. I think I’m going crazy.

"Just put yourself in my hands for one year," said the psychiatrist. "Come talk to me three times a week and we should be able to get rid of those fears."

"How much do you charge"

"Eighty dollars per visit," replied the doctor.

"I’ll sleep on it and I will come back to you if needed," I said.
Six months later the Psychiatrist met me on the street.

"Why didn’t you come to see me about those fears you were having" he asked.

"Well, Eighty bucks a visit three times a week for a year is an awful lot of money! A bartender cured me for $10. I was so happy to have saved all that money that I went and bought me a new SUV."

"Is that so!" With a bit of an attitude he said, "And how, may I ask, did a bartender cure you"

"He told me to cut the legs off the bed – ain’t nobody under there now!"
You got to know your OCD!

• #17,005
After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year outside of Buffalo, New York scientists found traces of copper cable dating back 120 years. They came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, a Wheeling WV archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet somewhere just outside Woodsdale. Shortly after, a story in the The Intelligencer read, "WV archaeologists, reporting a finding of 200 year old copper cable, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers.One week later, a local newspaper in Barton Ohio reported the following: "After digging down about 30 feet deep in his pasture near the community of Hell’s Kitchen, Pete Riley, a hell of an engineer and a self-taught archaeologist and gynecologist reported that he found absolutely nothing. Riley has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Ohio had already gone wireless."

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2495184987324267&set=a.639801042862680

• Haha
Likes davenn, phinds, Borg and 5 others
  • #17,006
Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 6.06.00 AM.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Likes WWGD, davenn, DennisN and 3 others
  • #17,009
  • #17,010
pinball1970 said:
Yes, not the best start for us. Painful to watch at times.
Do not complain. I have a mug from QPR.

• Sad
Likes pinball1970