Collection of Lame Jokes

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jokes
In summary: It's a humor that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness. It's not for everyone.Not a fan of surrealism, I take it?In summary, surrealism is an art form that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness, often producing incongruous imagery or effects. It may not be appreciated by everyone, but for those who do, it can be quite humorous.
  • #17,466
1700902679970.png

• Haha
  • Love
Likes WWGD, DennisN, jack action and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #17,467
DennisN said:
Oh, I know so well what you mean. Same here 🙂.
Band Aid..........there I said it!

• Haha
Likes DennisN
  • #17,468
jtbell said:
Finnish males do have a stereotype of being loners, leading to jokes like this:
That is what I love about Europe. You can find all kinds of mentalities, and to be honest, cuisines, movies, and music. It is commonly assumed that the Finnish gloominess is related to the short days and long nights there in the North but I believe it must be more than that.

Likes pinball1970
  • #17,469
Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 8.38.25 AM.png

• Haha
Likes DennisN
  • #17,472
FB_IMG_1700947855878.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Likes Tom.G, DennisN, BillTre and 2 others
  • #17,475
topsquark said:
I admit it, that took me a moment.

-Dan
Me, too! I searched on YouTube to find it in 1972. And my first hits were really weird. As I got it it was a clear case of facepalm. :headbang:

• #17,476
AQpO7ixXSM7QsjRTQ7vnc4Us7wE&_nc_ht=scontent-fra3-2.jpg

• Haha
Likes davenn, collinsmark, DennisN and 2 others
  • #17,477
Startrek x Cheers:

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 9.48.58 AM.png

Likes davenn, DennisN and Ibix
  • #17,478
Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 9.34.23 AM.png

• Love
Likes phinds, jtbell, collinsmark and 5 others
  • #17,480
Ibix said:
If you weren't aware, Kelsey Grammer did cameo in an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation as captain of USS Bozeman.
"Yesterday's Enterprise." One of the better episodes in the series, in fact. Though he had all of, like, two lines! (Though what they did with Tasha's character as a result was, IMHO, pretty lame.)

Stardate 432625.2(?) Okay, I watched it enough that I pretty much had the whole thing memorized at one point. So sue me! It's good Sci-fi!

-Dan

Likes BillTre
  • #17,481
_nc_ohc=zFjCnieASdEAX-tP7r5&_nc_ht=scontent-fra3-2.jpg

Likes pinball1970, davenn, DrClaude and 6 others
  • #17,482
topsquark said:
"Yesterday's Enterprise."
No, that's the one with Tasha and the 1701-C. It's "Cause and Effect", although you're correct that it was a good episode and that he had about two lines.

43625.2 is the stardate for Yesterday's Enterprise, according to Memory Alpha. Cause and Effect is 45652.1.

Last edited:
Likes DrClaude and topsquark
  • #17,484
Ibix said:
No, that's the one with Tasha and the 1701-C. It's "Cause and Effect", although you're correct that it was a good episode and that he had about two lines.

43625.2 is the stardate for Yesterday's Enterprise, according to Memory Alpha. Cause and Effect is 45652.1.
Oh, Heaven save me, yes! What was I thinking. Data's poker game.

Ach! That was a big brain fart. I know several people back in the day who would never forgive me if they knew I said that.

-Dan

• Haha
  • Wow
Likes DrClaude and BillTre
  • #17,485
_nc_ohc=p_lreY-aFu8AX-Fikui&_nc_ht=scontent-fra5-2.jpg

• Haha
Likes BillTre, berkeman, DennisN and 1 other person
  • #17,486
effect_size.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Likes BillTre, DennisN and topsquark
  • #17,487
davenn said:
Anyone that knows me and one of my passions .....

View attachment 335802
If you are collecting meteorites and are being nagged for it, you may be caught between a rock and a hard place.

• Haha
Likes davenn, fresh_42 and Ibix
  • #17,488
fresh_42 said:
It's more about holding off George Michael over here.

DennisN said:
Oh, I know so well what you mean. Same here 🙂.

Last Christmas.jpg

Likes fresh_42
  • #17,489
robot.jpg

• Haha
Likes davenn, jtbell, BillTre and 3 others
  • #17,490
Delete Cookies.jpg

• Haha
  • Care
Likes davenn, Ibix, jtbell and 5 others
  • #17,491

mars.jpg

• Haha
Likes davenn, DennisN, jtbell and 6 others
  • #17,492
FB_IMG_1701116535193.jpg

• Haha
Likes collinsmark, davenn, DennisN and 3 others
  • #17,494
_nc_ohc=YcM8N1IPPCYAX8enJl6&_nc_ht=scontent-fra3-2.jpg

Likes collinsmark, DennisN, jack action and 1 other person
  • #17,495
topsquark said:
Ach! That was a big brain fart. I know several people back in the day who would never forgive me if they knew I said that.
Both episodes were good, but Yesterday's Enterprise had a rather larger impact on the mythos, it has to be said. I'm impressed you were only one digit off on the stardate. I could have got the 43 at the beginning from it being a third season episode, but that's all.

Likes topsquark
  • #17,496
Ibix said:
Both episodes were good, but Yesterday's Enterprise had a rather larger impact on the mythos, it has to be said. I'm impressed you were only one digit off on the stardate. I could have got the 43 at the beginning from it being a third season episode, but that's all.
My friends and I ticked off a lot of people back in the late 80s/early 90s in my undergrad. There were two Star Trek hours a weeknight, three on Fridays, and two more on Saturdays. We made sure to get the TV in the lounge. We watched religiously!

Unfortunately DS9 didn't quite have the same "kick" so I never got into that, and by the time Voyager came out I was in grad school and didn't have the time. (I got rid of my TV before Enterprise came out.) So, my Star Trek days are pretty much over.

But, hey, I'm playing D&D again! Woohoo! 🧙‍♂️

-Dan

• #17,497
85UEEGAMzZAT412H-YOYmxtnz6Q&_nc_ht=scontent-fra3-2.jpg

• Haha
Likes davenn, DennisN, phinds and 2 others
  • #17,498
fresh_42 said:
If the condemned man were an engineer, he'd probably say, "Here, let me show you how to do that!"

• Haha
Likes DrClaude, davenn, phinds and 2 others
  • #17,499
jtbell said:
If the condemned man were an engineer, he'd probably say, "Here, let me show you how to do that!"
I don't know if I would show the executioner how to do it, but I would surely be mad and complain that society is full of incompetent people. If someone would point out that I avoided death because of that, my answer would be: "Irrelevant!"

• #17,500
FB_IMG_1701197004424.jpg

• Haha
Likes WWGD, DrClaude, davenn and 4 others