Random Thoughts Part 4 - Split Thread

In summary, Danger has a small crush on Swedish TV, and thinks that the russians are bad arses. He also mentions that taking a math class at 8:00 isdestructive.
  • #1,121
Ah, that explains it ... :-p

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,122
Restore energy please. The engine would not work even after filled with gas and oil.

• #1,123
Did you check the battery?

• #1,125
Untold unsolved entropy.

• #1,126
What. A. Day.

Followed by a commute that took me through a complicated construction zone. First, a long, long wait as the flagger held the "STOP" sign. Then promptly at 5:00, all the flaggers packed up their stuff and left, leaving miles of traffic to unsnarl itself. Took me 20 minutes to get out of that mess and I was nowhere near the end of the backup when the flaggers bailed out :oldmad:!

• #1,127
Astronuc said:

OmCheeto said:
The first image reminded me of my trip to Cabo San Lucas, in 2006.
The last image, kind of pissed me off, after I researched it a bit.

But, yes, no, this is not progress.
It is progress, don't you see all those slaves at picture 4 working for me. Plus, I'm not affected by that contamination because the slaves clean it for me. If you don't want to accept this as progress I'm afraid I will have to have you eliminated from my list of slaves. I have no need for slaves who don't want to reason. We will go by: Eliminate the wise and rebellious, keep the ignorant and gullible fools. They can still be of use to us.

There is overpopulation alright. Overpopulation of wise and rebellious. Don't worry, it was a small mistake and we'll take care of it asap. They will learn to bow to the powerful and things will finally go back to how they were supposed to be. It is the duty of We The Powerful to keep their numbers in check and control this overpopulation.

Internet Secret Technique: Dark Sarcasm!

Internet Secret Technique: Dark Sarcasm is an enhanced version of my previous Internet Secret Technique: Sarcasm. It is of higher level, more powerful, and used against stronger opponents. But don't think this all I've got. This isn't even my final form. I've yet to unleash the almighty Internet Secret Techniques: Heavenly Sarcasm and Godly Sarcasm!

Last edited:
  • #1,128
It's over 9000?!?

Likes Psinter
  • #1,129
lisab said:
What. A. Day.

Followed by a commute that took me through a complicated construction zone. First, a long, long wait as the flagger held the "STOP" sign. Then promptly at 5:00, all the flaggers packed up their stuff and left, leaving miles of traffic to unsnarl itself. Took me 20 minutes to get out of that mess and I was nowhere near the end of the backup when the flaggers bailed out :oldmad:!
Construction is a kind of hell, ennit? There is a neighborhood near me that has been torn up for two years, and there's no end in sight.

• #1,130
Enigman said:
It's over 9000?!?
I keep hearing this .."it's over 9 thousand!" - where does it come from? What's the original context?

• #1,132
nuuskur said:
I keep hearing this .."it's over 9 thousand!" - where does it come from? What's the original context?
37c.gif

About
“Over 9000” is a popular catchphrase derived from the Japanese manga anime series Dragon Ball Z that is typically used as an innumerable quantifier to describe a large number of something like “several”, “lots”, “butt loads” and even the metric “ass tonne”.

Origin
Dragon Ball (ドラゴンボール Doragon Bōru) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Akira Toriyama. With the ending of Dragon Ball, Toei Animation quickly released a second anime television series, Dragon Ball Z. In the 28th episode titled “Goku’s Arrival,” the main protagonist character Goku returns to the Earth after intense training in the Other World to square off against Saiyan warriors Vegeta and Nappa, who had killed his friend Piccolo right before his arrival. As Goku powers up in rage, Vegeta senses an explosive increase in his power level through his scouter and yells: “It’s over nine thousand!”
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/its-over-9000

My post was a reply to another dbz reference: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/this-isnt-even-my-final-form

• #1,133
  • #1,135
  • #1,136
So, I was watching some street construction work a bit ago, and observed a guy pushing those big steel plates over a trench with a little bull dozer type thing. And this reminded me of the time I saw a large flatbed truck go by with a bunch of those steel plates stacked on the bed, and on the side of the cab it said "Joe's Steel Plate Rental," or something similar. Putting the whole picture together I realized construction companies don't own a bunch of those plates, they rent them by the job from dedicated big steel plate rental companies. That means there are people who own a bunch of big steel plates and who make their living renting them out.

Thus, another piece of "The Big Picture" fell into place for me.

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #1,137
a decade ago,people laughed hard when they saw a jerk passing by. what happened now is their jaws got broken.o0) :-p

• #1,138
For micromass

Likes lisab and dlgoff
  • #1,139
Evo said:
For micromass
:oldlaugh::oldlaugh::oldlaugh:

Edit: BTW. You owe me a monitor. Can't clean mine.

Likes Evo
  • #1,140
dlgoff said:
:oldlaugh::oldlaugh::oldlaugh:

Edit: BTW. You owe me a monitor. Can't clean mine.
Sorry, that commercial was just too awesome.

Likes dlgoff
  • #1,141
At a rational level, I have many times realized the complete futility of complaining . Yet, while I have cut down on it, I still do it way too often; it (the futility) does not seem to fully register in me, i.e., I have not internalized it for some reason.

• #1,142
Every time I make a complaint, I can find out my mental massagers. :oldbiggrin:. Well, to many that's kinda crazey of me but come on, I am alone and yes feel lonely sometimes. :oldsmile:

• #1,143
A grilled cheese has become a great snack/quick meal solution, since I don't have a microwave: Turn oven on, put in bread,
let t warm up for a few minutes, put some butter, then cheese, and a quick meal in around 10-11 minutes.

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #1,144
That yummy! :-p

The only dream I had when I fell for someone was to sit on the house roof with him and make jokes about the stars while sipping some beer. I have never thought about having sex or even real wet kisses...:). (sounds like psychic hah :D )

• #1,146
Astronuc said:
Saffron market blossoms for Afghan farmers as alternative to growing poppy
http://www.splendidtable.org/story/...fghan-farmers-as-alternative-to-growing-poppy

A great idea! Why did it take so long to do this?
I'd never heard of this plant. Sounds like it could help us old folks... In more ways than one. :olduhh:
webmd.com said:
Saffron is also used for to increase interest in sex (as an aphrodisiac) and to induce sweating.

Some people apply saffron directly to the scalp for baldness (alopecia).

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...ingredientid=844&activeingredientname=saffron

• #1,147
Take my picture then produce me an underwear that fits my waist size.

• #1,148
http://img5013.photobox.co.uk/59046677b8e75bdca15a0d1e28646e6afb2375ed7c2a919c60c29003a3f4349f2245149c.jpg​

Likes Silicon Waffle and Evo
  • #1,149
Lisa! said:
http://img5013.photobox.co.uk/59046677b8e75bdca15a0d1e28646e6afb2375ed7c2a919c60c29003a3f4349f2245149c.jpg​
So the one on top got friendzoned?

• #1,150
I save the image. It's soo cute of them.:nb) Thanks Lisa!

• #1,151
My dog Ming got a new toy.
Mings new toy.jpg

Likes DennisN, Silicon Waffle and Psinter
  • #1,152
That is not a dog it is a gremlin:woot:

• #1,153
Such a cute puppy! :smile:

Evo said:
My dog Ming got a new toy.
mings-new-toy-jpg.81901.jpg

But then again, hmm. Again I wonder.
3072-exorcism.jpg

Last edited:
Likes Psinter and Evo
  • #1,154
wolram said:
That is not a dog it is a gremlin:woot:
Beware. :oldgrumpy: I've heard there are similarities between dogs and their owners.

Don't worry Evo. I'm on your side. :angel:

Edit: This goes for you too.
collinsmark said:
But then again, hmm. Again I wonder.

Likes Evo
  • #1,155
Ming IS a very photogenic dog, we do kind of look alike...