What do girls/women look for in men?

• Thread starter PrudensOptimus
  • Start date
In summary, a woman will typically look for someone who is loyal, helpful, friendly, intelligent, courteous, kind, thrifty, brave, and clean.
Radou! Get out of here! Run while *kschht* don't let *kschht* *sssssssss* You have nothing to worry about Radou. I love big sister.

Physics news on Phys.org
*screaming and struggling histerically while begging for mercy*

Btw, the sisterhood seems to like fish. First a sturgeon, then a net. I wonder what comes next. And just to let you know, if you intend to kill me and sell me, then better make sure I get sold on the market as other normal fish, and not end up in some stupid can or fish stick package.

Hurkyl said:
Radou! Get out of here! Run while *kschht* don't let *kschht* *sssssssss* You have nothing to worry about Radou. I love big sister.
Resistance is Futile :biggrin:

radou said:
then better make sure I get sold on the market as other normal fish, and not end up in some stupid can or fish stick package.
Uhm, actually you'll be packaged as "dried jellyfish flakes".

Not that we'd actually process and sell members. Because, uhm, that wouldn't be right, :rolleyes:

whitay said:
The next part requires that you bend over. Rap your bottom lip around your head. And prance around like an anterlope(i can't spell).

*saying that in a posh south african accent*
nah. we had to stop doing that after the lawsuit. Actually, there is no more hard part of the initiation. Now you just get pudding.

The Sisterhood is overall very kind and loving, you see.
sistermary49sm.jpg

Just don't make us angry.
http://www.mymotech.com/images/nun-ruler.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm...yes, ma'am. :biggrin:

Evo said:
Uhm, actually you'll be packaged as "dried jellyfish flakes".

Not that we'd actually process and sell members. Because, uhm, that wouldn't be right, :rolleyes:
he he. Soylent Purple.

alias25 said:
A Gentleman, honesty, sensitivity (but also confident enough to stand up for himself), intelligent, good humour, has to like/love science, rich and good looking would be a bonus. lol.
Gee, had you replied about 300 or so posts ago, this would have been a lot shorter thread. :smile:

As for radou, I have the pink furry handcuffs ready as soon as you get him untangled from the net. :devil:

Moonbear said:
Gee, had you replied about 300 or so posts ago, this would have been a lot shorter thread. :smile:
Wow, someone actually made an on topic post. I was confused for a moment there, I wasn't sure what he was talking about. :redface:

Moonbear said:
As for radou, I have the pink furry handcuffs ready as soon as you get him untangled from the net. :devil:

Umm, are you aware of how pink furry handcuffs actually do look like?

http://www.14-condoms.co.uk/condoms_images/pink_furry_handcuffs.gif

If you'd seen this image before, I'm 100% positive you wouldn't have been so cruel to me. Or, am I perhaps wrong? :biggrin:

radou said:
Umm, are you aware of how pink furry handcuffs actually do look like?

http://www.14-condoms.co.uk/condoms_images/pink_furry_handcuffs.gif
Uh[/URL] oh, he has his own set. :bugeye:

Exactly. Now I'm starting to threaten.

radou said:
Ohhhh, mistake number TWO.

NO ONE threatens the sisters. Tsu, when will the Supersonic RV be out of the shop? :devil:

Evo said:
Uh oh, he has his own set. :bugeye:
Oh no! We've underestimated him! He might enjoy this too much. We're going to have to try a new strategy. Sisterhood meeting at midnight!

Moonbear said:
Oh no! We've underestimated him! He might enjoy this too much. We're going to have to try a new strategy. Sisterhood meeting at midnight!
I think he just needs a "visit". MIH, is the bazooka loaded?

A BAZOOKA? Do you need to devastate my whole appartment? I mean, an ordinary gun or sth. would do. Or some fish, to save ammo.

Edit: I thought the sisterhood was more rational.

Evo said:
Just have MIH make sure that the 20-pound mackerel is frozen solid - that will bring him around.

radou said:
Edit: I thought the sisterhood was more rational.
Exactly; you should fear being divided.

Evo said:
aye, captain. See you at midnight. Usual place.

Where IS Tsu with the supersonic RV?

Moonbear said:

The sisterhood is obviously from another galaxy.

You did see what they looked like, right?

1.jpg

radou said:
They are close, but biding their time.

Sisters, have we gotten a chocolate delivery from Hurkyl recently? :devil:

Moonbear said:
Sisters, have we gotten a chocolate delivery from Hurkyl recently? :devil:
No, now that youi mention it, we haven't. :devil:

This is getting worse and worse. They are nuns transforming into ugly green creatures and posessing bazookas. Also, there is an assumption that they demand chocolate deliveries. I don't want to know what happens when they don't receive their delivery. I really don't. [:eek:]

zoobyshoe said:
You've mentioned your Asperger's a couple times. Do you actually have that diagnosis, too, or is that only something you suspect?
Both my children have had diagnosis of ADD, but there are symptoms of Asperger's, although a psychologist has mentioned it in my daughter. Apparently it's not easy to diagnose, since people can have some but not all symptoms. My brother is a psychiatrist and he's come to the conclusion that I have Asperger's or high-function autism. I have been diagnosed as ADD (nearly ADHD), but according to a psychologist, I was able to compensate - probably with caffeine.

In elementary school, I had a hard time focusing on subjects in which I was not interested, and I had a hard time sitting still - I fidgeted. The one thing that could keep my mind occupied was math and science subjects. It appears that I used academics to stimulate my brain, and as a result I was a top level student in my academic career. That really didn't carry over to university, because by then I had other issues - I was struggling with living in civilization.

zoobyshoe said:
The reason I ask is because is very much more difficult for a person with Asperger's to fathom facial expressions and social cues and so they're relegated to dealing with this by ammassing an inventory of "rules of thumb" and lists of what certain expressions and behaviors most likely indicate. The net result is that your approach to relationships would be decidedly analytical.
My wife says I don't get body language, and I guess I don't. However, I have studied people a lot since a long time ago - mainly because I find people and their behavior fascinating. I can read faces, but other more subtle behavior is apparently beyond me. So, I essentially made a practice of asking people about their thoughts as the need developed.

ADD is on the paternal side of my family, and so probably are elements of Asperger's.

I also have some other physiological anomalies that are rather uncommon, so I was tested extensively for a number of years, including EEG's. I apparently have interesting or unusual brain patterns, but no one has ever explained the significance.

radou said:
First sisterhoods. Then sisterhoods owning guns. Then sisterhoods owning souls. What is this place? :-p
Why not guns? This is PhysicsForums, right?

Guns + bullets = ballistics. The PF Sisters are well versed in mechanics and are often seen on the range providing practical demonstrations. :biggrin:

Bazooka is old fashioned. They've upgraded to 'rocket launchers'.

radou said:
That we suspect. Hurkyl has shown the images taken in some alternative environment, which we suspect is close to their natural environment. Probably a giant gas type planet. That would explain their great physical strength.

Moonbear said:
The PF SRV is in the shop for upgrades. We're replacing the engine with an new hypercharged model which should be suitable for hypersonic travel. Once we upgrade the interior, the sisters will be able to take it orbital - perhaps even visiting ISS. With additional fuel modules, lunar missions should be possible.

radou said:
Well that's act of futility. :biggrin: I think radou has just volunteered to test the latest body armor. Sister's get your guns.

radou said:
Also, there is an assumption that they demand chocolate deliveries.
Well, chocolate does seem to soothe them. Perhaps a ruse to make them appear normal.

Last edited:
Astronuc said:
In elementary school, I had a hard time focusing on subjects in which I was not interested, and I had a hard time sitting still - I fidgeted. The one thing that could keep my mind occupied was math and science subjects. It appears that I used academics to stimulate my brain, and as a result I was a top level student in my academic career.
Y'know, I really wonder if this is anything to worry about at all. It seems a common trait among scientists. Who wouldn't have a hard time focusing on subjects that didn't interest them? And I was definitely a big fidgeter, as are many of my friends in the sciences. I still get fidgety if I have to sit at a desk for a long time...I'm not cut out for desk work. But, that's why I love being in the lab doing stuff. I see it all as natural variations among people, not abnormalities. Other people diagnosed as ADHD do really well in creative things...drama, art, etc. It's what makes me think a lot of it is overdiagnosed and lack of recognition that people really just don't do well trying to stay focused for long periods of time on things that aren't in their interest area.

Even my dept chair recently joked with some of the grad students after a particularly boring talk (you get bad speakers every so often) that part of their training is to learn how to look like they're awake in a seminar and to hide their yawns when it starts running too long. Some fidget, some fall asleep, but everyone zones out when something isn't interesting to them.

Astronuc said:
The PF SRV is in the shop for upgrades. We're replacing the engine with an new hypercharged model which should be suitable for hypersonic travel. Once we upgrade the interior, the sisters will be able to take it orbital - perhaps even visiting ISS. With additional fuel modules, lunar missions should be possible.
Excellent! Can't wait to go for a test drive!

Well that's act of futility. :biggrin: I think radou has just volunteered to test the latest body armor. Sister's get your guns.
:smile: :devil: :biggrin: Locked and loaded!

Evo said:
Yes, there seems to be a great deal of pre-Evo damage.
Hmmm. This is serious, but I think he can be saved.

Well, Evo, you've got your work cut out for you. Good luck! :approve:

Evo said:
I think a good roughing up, er, I earn "intervention" with the sisterhood might straighten him out.
What motivation! :cool:

T_E, you're in good hands. :approve:

I think it will take a week or two of intense gentle intervention, which I think Evo can handle herself - mano a mano.

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
Y'know, I really wonder if this is anything to worry about at all. It seems a common trait among scientists. Who wouldn't have a hard time focusing on subjects that didn't interest them? And I was definitely a big fidgeter, as are many of my friends in the sciences. I still get fidgety if I have to sit at a desk for a long time...I'm not cut out for desk work. But, that's why I love being in the lab doing stuff. I see it all as natural variations among people, not abnormalities. Other people diagnosed as ADHD do really well in creative things...drama, art, etc. It's what makes me think a lot of it is overdiagnosed and lack of recognition that people really just don't do well trying to stay focused for long periods of time on things that aren't in their interest area.
Well professionally it might be an asset. I have a reputation for seeing things in problems - thinking outside the box. Well, my mind is usually out there.

I also have a catalog of technical facts that I pull together when working on problems, including obscure technical information. When I was a graduate student I spent time in various technical libraries browsing through older technical information from 50's and 60's. A lot of interesting and fundamental work was done back then, and part of reason to get us involved was to retain that knowledge.

Digressing to 4th grade - the music teacher once confiscated my math workbook during music lesson. :frown: She gave it to the teacher who then called me for a discussion. I was doing math that I wasn't supposed to, and I did most of the intermediate steps in my head. I wasn't supposed to that either. Arrrggghhhh! School was very frustrating and often boring.

Anyway, it did get better as I progressed into Jr. High and HS. When I finished Math and Science tests early, I would get passes to the library. On the other hand, English classes were excruciating - especially reading and analysis - I had a hard time focusing attention on the reading - and I couldn't get poetry (read that smiley as Arrggghh!) . History and political science classes were better though.

My experiences with English and poetry were about the same, but the kids who did well in English typically had that opinion about the science and math classes.

Something interesting related to that, though, is that there was a strong effect of our junior high school teaching on our subject strengths in high school...enough so that the district changed from having two separate junior highs to having a middle school and junior high that everyone went through. I went through the junior high where a large percentage of the students excelled in the maths and sciences, while the other one seemed to produce a lot of students who excelled in arts and literature. I think the district assumed it was due to the strengths of the teachers at the two different junior highs, so changed to having one as a middle school and the other as a junior high so kids got exposed to both sets of teachers. Of all the people I was friends with from elementary and junior high, I only know of one who didn't wind up in a math, science or computer field (he's a history teacher).

this forum reveals the scary developments when math types range outside their expertise. it may be time to call in the psych ward. was that reference to "big sister" a veiled "big nurse" reference?

Astronuc said:
Digressing to 4th grade - the music teacher once confiscated my math workbook during music lesson. :frown: She gave it to the teacher who then called me for a discussion. I was doing math that I wasn't supposed to, and I did most of the intermediate steps in my head. I wasn't supposed to that either. Arrrggghhhh! School was very frustrating and often boring.

Anyway, it did get better as I progressed into Jr. High and HS. When I finished Math and Science tests early, I would get passes to the library. On the other hand, English classes were excruciating - especially reading and analysis - I had a hard time focusing attention on the reading - and I couldn't get poetry (read that smiley as Arrggghh!) . History and political science classes were better though.

That exactly describes my experience. I argued why I needed to show my work when there was no work. To this day I can't figure out what a few of my teachers wanted me to write down... Even the part about getting passes to the library after finishing tests early pertains to me. Also, I only semi understand poetry which rhymes, sorta. History classes are indeed better :smile:

Back