What do girls/women look for in men?

• Thread starter PrudensOptimus
  • Start date
In summary, a woman will typically look for someone who is loyal, helpful, friendly, intelligent, courteous, kind, thrifty, brave, and clean.
FrancisZ said:
Is anyone else totally creept-out by the "Ads by google" for this thread? I mean the "singles" advertisements.

And there is an easy solution to this!

Become a gold member (i.e., a contributor) and you won't see them anymore :smile: .

Physics news on Phys.org
I just like guys who bring their own beer. Or at least don't laugh at my Holland blond beer{hey its not just for blonds}.

Evo said:
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/3157/dman4xv4.jpg
[/URL]

Re: What do girls/women look for in men?

Good Lord. I hope this isn't it...I'll have to shoot myself right now.

But not before I get to work out more than I ever do; maybe get some tear-away basketball shorts; chew some wriggles; and most importantly: learn to stroll whenever I strut my crazy dude-ness around. :biggrin: :-p

Sorry Boss (Evo)--hoping I'm not out of line here. Just had to say something. I'll shut-up now.

P.S.>I need a tan. :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I made a model that somewhat describes me and potential mate ;)
It is for I., II., and III.
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4540/modelsf3.jpg

I. 1/All available girls vs. my age
#1 - girls interested in me
#2 - my abstraction model for attraction towards the girls
#3 - my realistic model
#4 - successful relationship :cry:

II. Good girl I picked on vs. amount of time I am talking to her [1/10 minutes of scale on x axis]
#1 - her attraction
#3 - mine towards her

III. 1/All boys available vs my age or time I am talking to them\
#4 only

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the y-axis?Anyways, the last three days have been great. Some freshman who I know nothing of asked me to homecoming. Iz Nice! (ah, lovely, lovely, Borat)

Can someone help me with my love life.
I am in high school and I have this friend who is a girl (tis implied), who I really like. I would like to ask her out, but I have no freaking idea how to do so, and also, I have no idea if she likes me back in the same way...

St. Aegis, you should give us some more facts to work with...

How long have you known her?
How well do you know her?
Etc.

Only thing I can say is be truthful and upfront...

How long have you known her?
How well do you know her?
Etc.

Hmm let's see,
I have known her since middle school, but we rarely talked since then. I began talking to her a couple of years ago, but we attend high schools across our towns. I go to one side and she goes to the other side. Usually, she and I are somewhat close, we seem to know each other very well, and it seems that it is safe to say that I am a good friend of hers.
I like to help with physics, but she is by herself pretty smart in her own respects. We don't hang out that much, but we do like chatting with each other especially on facebook and gmail chat.
any thing else i should add...
i am kind of new to this dating business

As am i, but after this summer I found that IM can be your friend. Assuming she is inclined as to use it (sounds like it). This girl I've really fallen for (not the aforementioned one) I got to know mainly via IM...We'd talk for hours...

I dunno...

binzing said:
Whats the y-axis?

Some wrong math ...
It was night when I made it :shy:

y = n/#of all girls ..
n-> from 0 to all

binzing said:
As am i, but after this summer I found that IM can be your friend. Assuming she is inclined as to use it (sounds like it). This girl I've really fallen for (not the aforementioned one) I got to know mainly via IM...We'd talk for hours...

I dunno...

when is a good time to ask someone to your IM list? especially when you barely know them as acquaintances? or is it only not awkward if you ask someone for IM if you know them as close friends?

especially in a large college, when there's some nice people you meet, but its unlikely that you'll meet them again?

only like 3 people have ever asked me for my IM

Eh, I dunno...

Most of the time I'll like go from Myspace, to email (and therein IM), etc...but I get to know these people in person first...generally because i have a class with them.

@mobius,
well you are approaching this as though it it really personal; it isnt, so just simply ask them. I don't think they mind, especially if you would like to be friends.

im slowly learning...

every girl wants something different, much like men.

for example, what i like:
long dark messy hair. light eyes; could be hazel, blue, brown or what ever. the 'hollister' girl style. why, i don't know but, i love it. and i swear i would melt and get on one knee if she had an australian accent. (im not kidding)

but, let's take the other night for example. i was hanging out with a few of my friends at a, (sigh) mcdonalds and by regular standards a gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous girl walks in the door. she looked so confident, not cocky and was just floating as she walked. every guy in that place was looking. behind her: a, napoleon fcuking dynamite looking fellow and it appeared like they were both attached at the wrist. quite baffled we all were...

i had other stuff to say but last night was a long night. ill remember in a few more posts.

mobiusdafrost said:
when is a good time to ask someone to your IM list? especially when you barely know them as acquaintances? or is it only not awkward if you ask someone for IM if you know them as close friends?

especially in a large college, when there's some nice people you meet, but its unlikely that you'll meet them again?

only like 3 people have ever asked me for my IM

first, establish them as an acquaintance
second, i find this creepy when it happens to me but, it works. add them to your facebook. become friends and eventually the IM will come.

and pay no mind to the fact that its a large college.. my friend goes to rutgers and he apparently got a reputation. ask 3 out of every 5 girls about him and you won't get good results but, ill keep him anonymous.

mobiusdafrost said:

Don't start off with IM if you want a relationship.

I use IM only for work ...
and, for friendship/relationships etc.. I avoid IM.

offtheleft said:
im slowly learning...

every girl wants something different, much like men.

I am also learning. But, I only consider attributes or functionalities not physical characteristics.

:smile:

rootX said:
I am also learning. But, I only consider attributes or functionalities not physical characteristics.

elaborate.

please

offtheleft said:
for example, what i like:
long dark messy hair. light eyes; could be hazel, blue, brown or what ever. the 'hollister' girl style. why, i don't know but, i love it. and i swear i would melt and get on one knee if she had an australian accent. (im not kidding).

I really don't care about the looks like above ones.

I know for sure that I like ambitious, hard working, trust worthy, loyal, optimistic, reserved, and brave girls. And the ones who don't always look for bad things and talk too much about other people.

Working on what else I like ... :)

rootX said:

I know for sure that I like ambitious, hard working, trust worthy, loyal, optimistic, reserved, and brave girls. And the ones who don't always look for bad things and talk too much about other people.

of course, that's a given. I am border-line prodigy and i expect to have a smart, well-rounded girl as well. and by intelligence, i think, common sense and a higher-level of maturity comes along with it.

my ex: looks like megan fox, italian, national honor society. other than that, she's dumb as ****. gullible a fcuk and as as much common sense as a opossum.

rootX said:

Reserved?
Don't care about looks?

Have you dated before?

JasonRox said:
Reserved?
Don't care about looks?

Why? what's wrong with it? :rolleyes:

I don't like people who strive for having good looks or talk too much.

Have you dated before?

once.. didn't go successful.
I rejected like 4-5 opportunities.

rootX said:
Why? what's wrong with it? :rolleyes:

I don't like people who strive for having good looks or talk too much.

once.. didn't go successful.
I rejected like 4-5 opportunities.

shouldn't have rejected said opportunities.

I'm responding to comments a few pages back...

Some things never change...women love to flirt and want a choice...all guys want to be selected and are insecure at some level.

Everybody wants to find someone special...all givens.

The problem is that once you find that special someone...most people don't know what to do with them (I'm not talking about the obvious).

Relationships are complicated...but one rule is golden...go ahead and be competitive and do what you have to do to get noticed...but once you're selected...BE HONEST...or it won't work.

Don't base your relationships (any of them) on lies.

Hah! Some of the married members, or those in serious relationships, seem to think that any guy can find the right girl for them! Rubbish! It's easy for them to talk, they have what they want in a partner, they had the bait to get their prize fish. Not everyone does. The truth is the women decides if she wants to be in the relationship or not. And then you don't even know why they like you. Is it because you're a ''nice guy'' and they're inbetween real mean, or you're rich, or just for your muscles-- whatever! Some people (I'll be honest, like me) will never find the person for them. Is that such a bad thing? I don't think so.
AND you never can tell when a women is interested. I've been burned too many times getting over-eager over false impressions. Maybe she's being nice because she'd like to get a place in the queue next to you, or any of fifty gazillion trivial reasons to get what she wants.

Again...it isn't easy...do what you have to do to compete and get noticed...but also be realistic about your ideal women.

The better looking...the more competition...and more maintenance.

Finding a mate is like buying a new car...find the one that's most comfortable and dependable...if you're going to be together more than for a weekend.

If you want a fast ride with the top down and drive with reckless abandon...get a rental car.

rootX said:
Don't start off with IM if you want a relationship.

I use IM only for work ...
and, for friendship/relationships etc.. I avoid IM.

Oh certainly not, I'm just saying I use it as a form of communication a lot...

I don't see why it isn't feasible to start a relationship online; one gets to know a person better, attitude; outlook; personality, and then when or if someone feels that they are really compatible, they can meet.
Of course, I never take my own advice...

The danger of online is anonymity...take it slow and make sure the person is who they claim to be.

oh yes, that too :]

It's also very easy to use msn emotions ..
I wonder how many times I was actually laughing when I typed LOL.

I don't use LOL, except the occasional slip up...

Basically, when I mentioned IM, I'm not meeting these girls on the net, I'm meeting them at school. I too am in high school St. Aegis. I'm a sophomore to be exact.

gj;
Well I meet girls too, as I said, I don't follow my own advice...
I just don't know what to do with them...
*needs communication class

St. Aegis said:
I just don't know what to do with them...

Today, I got scared by a (conservative) girl. I try my best to avoid her.

But, she remembered everything about me that I told her last year... and I was like f**k ***.

It's little scary when they remember tiny things ...