What do girls/women look for in men?

• Thread starter PrudensOptimus
  • Start date
In summary, a woman will typically look for someone who is loyal, helpful, friendly, intelligent, courteous, kind, thrifty, brave, and clean.
rootX said:
Today, I got scared by a (conservative) girl. I try my best to avoid her.

But, she remembered everything about me that I told her last year... and I was like f**k ***.

It's little scary when they remember tiny things ...

the best is when girls you never met know everything about you, thanks to facebook or myspace. oh yeah, that's the best.

Physics news on Phys.org
rootX said:
Today, I got scared by a (conservative) girl. I try my best to avoid her.

But, she remembered everything about me that I told her last year... and I was like f**k ***.

It's little scary when they remember tiny things ...

Sorry, have I missed something?

offtheleft said:
the best is when girls you never met know everything about you, thanks to facebook or myspace. oh yeah, that's the best.

I had one of those random attacks in grade 6-7. A girl out of nowhere offered me a gift and started muttering . I accidentally dropped the gift on the floor and really couldn't get what she was trying to do ... and she walked away. I think after that all girls in my class started hating me lol.

This one's not only look like a stalker but she is religious, and conservative!

when is a good time to ask someone to your IM list? especially when you barely know them as acquaintances? or is it only not awkward if you ask someone for IM if you know them as close friends?
I add anybody I want to talk to, to my IM list. Just ask.

I do the same thing. I had a random dude today like hit on me, then he brought his friend in too, and then, I had them both staring at me, that can be pretty awkward. Those are the types of guys I don't go for...I can make a huge list of what I think is the best qualities in a man :biggrin:

mcknia07 said:
I do the same thing. I had a random dude today like hit on me, then he brought his friend in too, and then, I had them both staring at me, that can be pretty awkward. Those are the types of guys I don't go for...I can make a huge list of what I think is the best qualities in a man :biggrin:

You can sum up all those qualities in one word - Cyrus [Q.E.D]

Cyrus said:
You can sum up all those qualities in one word - Cyrus [Q.E.D]

Which ones? The good or bad ones?

mcknia07 said:
Which ones? The good or bad ones?

Take your pick. I did say all.

Cyrus said:
Take your pick. I did say all.

hmmm, well I'd say it would be better if you say you are the good ones :smile:, because the bad ones, well they can be creepy, or...

In that case, just the bad ones. Girls hate nice guys. Baby, I'm a real jerk.

Hey, not all girls like the jerks. I think I've learned my lesson in that aspect, too many of the bad ones out there. Now it's only the good ones for me :biggrin:

Face it, you're in love with me.

Oh, yeah that's it. How did you ever know?

mcknia07 said:
Oh, yeah that's it. How did you ever know?

It's a gift. But don't worry, I love me too.

I'm glad someone can be in love with themself so much. It's great! I feel the love all around.

mcknia07 said:
I'm glad someone can be in love with themself so much. It's great! I feel the love all around.

It's not just me, you love me too. Honestly, I don't think I can deal with all this attention right now. It's not you, it's me.

Are you breaking up with me Cy...

mcknia07 said:

I just have a small list (<10) that disqualifies all girls I have ever met to now (excluding the girl with whom I had a close relationship ;). - never evaluated her)

:smile:.

Last edited:
St. Aegis said:
gj;
Well I meet girls too, as I said, I don't follow my own advice...
I just don't know what to do with them...
*needs communication class

hehe :D

that is what women want :P lol

http://zikkaa-women.blogspot.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
just_me13 said:

I don't know. That sounds like a lot of work!

just_me13 said:

It all sounds pretty good to me :biggrin:

What do girls/women look for in men?

Just to get back on topic, I think different girls look for different things in guys. For example I have dated some that wanted my love and affection and I have dated others that have wanted my heart....in a jar above the mantle.

However, I have noticed a pattern that ALL girls want. And that is some guy that treats them like crap and drives a sports car. Ladies I know you will disagree with me but I believe your subconscious will say different. I see it every day, smart and intelligent girls that are strangely attached to some jerk that wears two popped collars at the same time. There really is no chance for us nice guys. That is until you hit 30, have an anxiety attack, and then acquire the need to get married and have kids as soon as possible.

Topher925 said:
...some guy that treats them like crap and drives a sports car. Ladies I know you will disagree with me but I believe your subconscious will say different. I see it every day, smart and intelligent girls that are strangely attached to some jerk that wears two popped collars at the same time. There really is no chance for us nice guys...
1] You watch too much TV. :rolleyes:

2] Seriously though, how can you judge what type of guy he is?

3] Perhaps you might want to widen your net to look at girls other than those who are attracted to jerks in sportscars?

Topher925 said:
However, I have noticed a pattern that ALL girls want. And that is some guy that treats them like crap and drives a sports car. Ladies I know you will disagree with me but I believe your subconscious will say different. I see it every day, smart and intelligent girls that are strangely attached to some jerk that wears two popped collars at the same time. There really is no chance for us nice guys. That is until you hit 30, have an anxiety attack, and then acquire the need to get married and have kids as soon as possible.
You are absolutely wrong. Period. Sure their are women with low self esteem that seek out creeps because they feel that's how they deserve to be treated, but there are many more women that are looking for a nice guy, you probably overlook them.

By your reasoning I could say all men are saps that will do anything a woman wants at any cost, that all men want to be used and humiliated then discarded like trash.

I know you will disagree with me but I believe your subconscious will say different. :rolleyes:

Topher925 said:
I see it every day, smart and intelligent girls that are strangely attached to some jerk that wears two popped collars at the same time.

Wow.. you can tell that someone's a jerk and will treat women badly from the way they wear their shirt? You have a talent :rolleyes:

damn, now i need to go get polo shirts?! i can never win.

oh, and i have more girl drama...

should i say i all here?

OK, Toph, you caught a bit of flak over that comment, eh? :wink:

The thing to take away from this (without traking too much damage) is that your comments say more about you and your preconceptions than they do about the subjects you are commenting on. You are seeing only the girls you choose to, you are seeing only those guys, you are passing judgement on how they behave and how they treat each other. You can't possibly know this, so you've assigned it what you expect or want to see.

offtheleft said:
damn, now i need to go get polo shirts?! i can never win.

oh, and i have more girl drama...

should i say i all here?

Go ahead and say it here...maybe we can help.

And might I say, no, not all girls want jerks. I admit I have dated a few in the past, but that was beacuase they put on a front, and when I find out, sorry, they are out then. Nice guys are all I want, and that's how most girls think too. It just sucks how most guys out there pretend to be a nice good guy when in reality, they are far from it, why can't all guys just be themself, so girls don't waste their time on them and end up getting hurt?

OK, Toph, you caught a bit of flak over that comment, eh?

Yes a tad bit. But I don't mind, I just tell it how it is.

I shouldn't have said "ALL" girls but most, there will obviously be some exceptions. But I do see the I see this happen everyday with what I would call the majority of people I don't know and with friends. Call it a gift of observation if you will but when I see some guy tell his girl friend to shut the @#$% up while in the library, I generally think negatively about his character. I'm usually a pretty good judge of a persons character and you can tell a lot by looking at a person. Maybe I am only seeing what I want to but perhaps some of you are seeing what you don't want to see.

And Cristo, you I can.

4popped-collars.png

Topher925 said:
. Call it a gift of observation if you will but when I see some guy tell his girl friend to shut the @#$% up while in the library]

reminds me of ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPtl9YIcKG8

Topher925 said:
Yes a tad bit. But I don't mind, I just tell it how it is.

I shouldn't have said "ALL" girls but most, there will obviously be some exceptions. But I do see the I see this happen everyday with what I would call the majority of people I don't know and with friends. Call it a gift of observation if you will but when I see some guy tell his girl friend to shut the @#$% up while in the library, I generally think negatively about his character. I'm usually a pretty good judge of a persons character and you can tell a lot by looking at a person. Maybe I am only seeing what I want to but perhaps some of you are seeing what you don't want to see.
So you see the odd occurrence of an incident which you don't know the background information to, and you extrapolate to say this occurs in "all" or "most" instances. Seriously, this is a ridiculous thing to say. I hope you aren't a scientist, else the conclusions you will draw from scientists will be seriously wrong!

And Cristo, you I can.

That's clearly a joke. You can't tell whether someone will treat a girl like crap by what they are wearing.

Hey, they're called "Wife-beaters" for a reason.

WarPhalange said:
Hey, they're called "Wife-beaters" for a reason.

Polo shirts aren't called wife beaters: wife beaters are sleeveless shirts (otherwise known as vests, in my part of the world).

So you see the odd occurrence of an incident which you don't know the background information to, and you extrapolate to say this occurs in "all" or "most" instances.

Why are my assumptions so outlandish? I see a guy clearly treating his girlfriend like crap out in public which would lead me to believe it would happen anywhere and probably on a regular basis. I also see this frequently, by no means is it an odd occurrence like you have stated. You are correct in saying that I don't have all the background information for MOST cases but I do have it for a few. I also know many guys who would never treat a girlfriend like crap but they are all single and have been for a while. Based on this evidence, what would make my statement illogical?

And to add a little bit more to my argument, female friends of mine agree with me and suggest that if I want a girl to like me, I should treat her poorly. This may not be the best course of action for a long-term serious relationship, but in terms of getting a date I believe it will work in most cases.