What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

In summary, the conversation consists of various discussions about documentaries, the acquisition of National Geographic by Fox, a funny manual translation, cutting sandwiches, a question about the proof of the infinitude of primes, and a realization about the similarity between PF and PDG symbols. The conversation also touches on multitasking and the uniqueness of the number two as a prime number.
Pepper Mint said:
I am looking for a new job, anyone wants to marry me ?:moto:

I am also looking for a job, and a partner so if you have a good brain and are half respectable i will take you on:biggrin:

Likes Pepper Mint
Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
I am also looking for a job, and a partner so if you have a good brain and are half respectable i will take you on:biggrin:
I am glad to hear that. :biggrin: Is there a trial period for you to understand real me ? Whatever I say is only words which probably wouldn't convince you at all.

Likes wolram
Pepper Mint said:
I am glad to hear that. :biggrin: Is there a trial period for you to understand real me ? Whatever I say is only words which probably wouldn't convince you at all.

Im secretly in love with Evos brain, i am sure a few hours talking to you i could judge your character, I am a good judge:biggrin:

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
wolram said:
Im secretly in love with Evos brain, i am sure a few hours talking to you i could judge your character, I am a good judge:biggrin:
Really ? Feel free to contact me anything soon. :woot:

I think this is a little cute and funny at the same time. I like the reaction faces so I felt like sharing: https://tapastic.com/episode/408481

At the moment I decided to post this it had over 137k views. A few minutes later the counter updated to over 146k views and it's still growing. It looks like it's been shared everywhere. Check it out if you want to laugh a little. :smile: Here is a preview. Cheers for the author.

And that place has other who are also very funny, like this one from the same author: https://tapastic.com/episode/118152

I must say, the reaction faces are awesome. Specially the shocking faces :DD.

Psinter said:
I think this is a little cute and funny at the same time. I like the reaction faces so I felt like sharing: https://tapastic.com/episode/408481

At the moment I decided to post this it had over 137k views. A few minutes later the counter updated to over 146k views and it's still growing. It looks like it's been shared everywhere. Check it out if you want to laugh a little. :smile: Here is a preview. Cheers for the author.

And that place has other who are also very funny, like this one from the same author: https://tapastic.com/episode/118152

I must say, the reaction faces are awesome. Specially the shocking faces :DD.

:biggrin:

If I played ' go fetch ' with a dog, using a boomerang, I wonder how long it would take for the dog to notice there was something strange going on.

Likes beamie564, ProfuselyQuarky, Sophia and 1 other person
Inktober is in five days ##\Longrightarrow## In five days, it's going to be a holiday.

Likes Pepper Mint
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Inktober is in five days ##\Longrightarrow## In five days, it's going to be a holiday.
:biggrin: Yeah can't wait till that day.

Pepper Mint said:
:biggrin: Yeah can't wait till that day.
Are you going to do it, too? :biggrin:

ProfuselyQuarky said:
Are you going to do it, too? :biggrin:
OK I will try. :biggrin:

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Pepper Mint said:
OK I will try. :biggrin:
YAY. Go Pepper Mint! The prompts for this year are pretty awesome and I've got so many ideas already. I love it when people are willing to do stuff like this. :smile:

Likes Psinter, Pepper Mint, beamie564 and 1 other person
Maybe it is not such a good form , when you're competitor says " may the best person win" , to say " Thanks!".

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
ProfuselyQuarky said:
What is that? Edit: Oh, nevermind, I saw the link.
WWGD said:
Maybe it is not such a good form , when you're competitor says " may the best person win" , to say " Thanks!".
The correct polite way should be: "Pft. Robert, please, you know I will win."

Likes Pepper Mint and ProfuselyQuarky
Strange sign at a Hillary rally: " Love Trumps war". Why would anyone love Trump's war? And why would they be in Hillary's rally? Then I realized there was no apostrophe in 'Trumps'. Still, pretty weird phrasing. How about: " Love Trumps War, but Trump Loves War"?

Good reason to visit Manchester
Archaeologists have uncovered a forgotten 200-year-old pub beneath the city of Manchester, England. And the best part? It still has full, untouched bottles of brandy inside, The Independent reports. Archaeologists discovered the underground pub — once known as the Astley Arms — when they were brought into inspect the site of a future skyscraper. During the excavation, they found pottery belonging to Thomas Evans, who was the landlord of Astley Arms in 1821.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/3d6b213a-af43-3df2-a809-91e5336042e7/ss_archaeologists-discover-18th.html

Last edited by a moderator:
WWGD said:
And why would they be in Hillary's rally?

Probably an antiwar statement. Some folks think Hillary is hawkish .

i hope Salon is an acceptable source. (Wikipedia says they're liberal.)
http://www.salon.com/2015/09/10/wha...o_forget_her_disastrous_record_as_a_war_hawk/

It’s not just Libya, though. Almost every time there was an internal disagreement within the Obama administration about whether to use force, Clinton could be found on the interventionist side. She successfully pushed for an escalation of the war in Afghanistan, and has been open about her desire to intervene further in Syria.

old jim

jim hardy said:
Probably an antiwar statement. Some folks think Hillary is hawkish .
Me, e.g.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Says will be there at 1:00 PM, but arrives earlier and only opens the door at 1:01 PM. Then says on purpose: "I'm sorry I'm late..."

Edit: 999

• #1,000
Well I'd never expect that a trilogy of music videos would be one of the sickest stories I'd experience at anyone time.

For those that aren't afraid of gore and great trash metal, check out the videos that come with slayers last album.

• #1,001
I just had some thoughts that led me to a revelation about how the world operates and so, reminded me what an amazing place it is to be in. Of course its an amazing time too, because of all the knowledge we now have that makes us see this great beauty around us.
But it also reminded me how much I hate hidden variable theories and the many worlds interpretation(not sure about the latter!), because they completely destroy that beautiful structure.

• #1,002
Shayan.J said:
I just had some thoughts that led me to a revelation about how the world operates...
You should probably share this information with the people we have running for president.

Likes fresh_42
  • #1,003
zoobyshoe said:
You should probably share this information with the people we have running for president.
I believe @Shayan.J lives outside the beltway. It's a different world inside there...

• #1,004
Ibix said:
I believe @Shayan.J lives outside the beltway. It's a different world inside there...
An otherwise snappy quip killed by its assumptions. You win some, you lose some.

• #1,005
How does it come that algae evolve at the bottom of my pot made of clay, which I only fill up with (chlorinated) drinking water for the birds?

• #1,006
Religion without philosophy is fanaticism.
Philosophy without religion is empiricism.

Prabhupad

• #1,007
821a49d98436b66730bd1724e5a8b799.jpg

It's okay, I'm patient.

Likes Sophia and OCR
  • #1,008
Psinter said:
It's okay, I'm patient.
Lol, good find! ... I saw that some where before, but I can't remember where... :oldbiggrin:

Reminds me of when we were still using StarBand ... :sleep:

And BTW... this is wrong...
Wikipedia said:
...with unlimited usage and online hours.
It was unlimited only between the hours of 12 Midnight and 7 6 AM ...
Comments added by IP 75.182.84.110 and DonPedroLP ... are, more or less, right.

Aah, yes, the Good Ol' Days...[COLOR=#black].[/COLOR] :oldgrumpy:

Bandwidth edit.jpg

And, if you went over 2 GB, it was back to dial up speed until you were back down to 1.5 GB.
Oh, lol... and, you also got this nice little sign.

bat_stop_cooper.gif

• #1,009
fresh_42 said:
How does it come that algae evolve at the bottom of my pot made of clay, which I only fill up with (chlorinated) drinking water for the birds?
They're probably in the air. I have the same problem with my fish tanks.
Some days, it seems that they've been finally defeated, but the next day, they are back and they are stronger!

• #1,010
Fire_Eater_Performing_Dragons_Breath_Trick.jpg

Fire and fire eating :cry:

• #1,011
William Maillis started accurately identifying numbers at 6 months old and speaking in complete sentences at just 7 months old. He followed with a range of http://hsrd.yahoo.com/RV=1/RE=1476454441/RH=aHNyZC55YWhvby5jb20-/RB=/RU=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5wb3N0LWdhemV0dGUuY29tL25ld3MvZWR1Y2F0aW9uLzIwMTYvMDkvMTYvUGl0dHNidXJnaC1QZW5uLVRyYWZmb3JkLUhpZ2gtU2Nob29sLWdlbml1cy1XaWxsaWFtLU1haWxsaXMtYXR0ZW5kaW5nLWNvbGxlZ2UtYXQtOS15ZWFycy1vbGQvc3Rvcmllcy8yMDE2MDkxNjAwMDMA/RS=%5EADAorJY76yptDsHCNziJla5gsg.5AY- , including doing addition at 21 months; multiplication, reading and writing at 2 years old; algebra, sign language and reading Greek at age 4; geometry at 5 and trigonometry at 7.

William was originally turned down when he tried to enroll in kindergarten at age 4 after failing an entrance readiness test.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/9-old-boy-graduates-high-153130463.html

I think I remember a discussion of whether or not gray (or grey) is a colour from 4th grade. Many sources identify gray as a color, and Wikipedia's article mentions it as an achromatic color, or an intermediate color (shade?) between white and black.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes OmCheeto and Pepper Mint
  • #1,012
This morning I watched local TV news and heard an 11 year old boy was run over by a big container truck while trying to cross the street with his bicycle. That is truly horrible and I was truly shocked.

• #1,013
Apparently Google Maps is not updated often enough. Had to travel like an extra hour to make up for it. As amazing as it is, I need to complain about its minor problems ;).

• #1,014
WWGD said:
Apparently Google Maps is not updated often enough. Had to travel like an extra hour to make up for it. As amazing as it is, I need to complain about its minor problems ;).
Indifferent.

I do need a lot more annoying comments as attacks though. :DD OK, please go go.

• #1,015
Even when Google Maps is up to date, the local authorities here sometimes seem to allow major roads to be closed for roadworks without telling anyone. A few days ago we were returning in the evening from London and avoided the M3 motorway because of a scheduled closure by going via the A31 trunk road, but suddenly came to a road closed sign and a diversion via a much longer route on minor roads. Google Maps was still showing the main road as clear. Unfortunately, the diversion signs were misleading (we later realized that one was pointing the wrong way, probably left over from a previous occasion) and we ended up going in a loop, but the second time round we managed to escape.

Only a couple of days ago on the way home we passed two junctions where there were very similar "Diverted traffic" signs pointing BOTH right and left for traffic coming from our direction. That's worse than useless!

Likes Pepper Mint