Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
The spiral path he took was neat. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
I attended a wedding yesterday on an 84 foot yacht. After pestering the two first mates for about an hour, they obtained the captain's permission to let me tour the engine room. Twin one thousand hp diesels, gently idling, and a pair of diesel driven 75 kw electric generators.

I was in heaven.

The 4 hour cruise, and wedding, were equally awesome.

I give the experience 10 out of 10 stars.

Oh, and I got to toot the horn. 11 stars. :smile:

2 days left and I'll see my :!)family:!)

DennisN said:
Golf can be really fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAONkS06LFU

Lol. Just when you thought you'd seen everything...It looked, though, like those 1/6g boots he was bouncing around on were wide and flat enough not to damage the green. That's the most important part.

dkotschessaa said:
Someone stop Paula Deen please.
Paula Deen has just been fired from the Food Network due to racism. Seems she doesn't like minorities, especially blacks and Jews. I wonder if this is going to start a domino effect on all of her business deals. Of course she and her family have made millions off her deals already, it's not like she's going to suffer.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Paula-Deen-Fired-Apology-1067027.aspx

zoobyshoe said:
It's avocado season. 3 for 99 cents. I cut them in half, take out the pit, then spoon the delicious, nutty green stuff into my mouth, as if it were pudding. 4 or 5 dozen a day. However, I would not eat green eggs and ham.

How much are avocados where you live?
I went to the store yesterday, tiny avocados, they'll fit in the palm of your hand, were $2 each.

Evo said:
Paula Deen has just been fired from the Food Network due to racism. Seems she doesn't like minorities, especially blacks and Jews. I wonder if this is going to start a domino effect on all of her business deals. Of course she and her family have made millions off her deals already, it's not like she's going to suffer.

So there seems to be an opening for you, Evo. :biggrin:

Why is my memory is ALWAYS deactivated when preparing/packing for travel? And what to forget, the most essential things for travel.

Gad said:
Why is my memory ALWAYS deactivated when preparing/packing for travel? And what to forget, the most essential things for travel.

Sometimes forgetting things can be fortuitous.

Last year I forgot my sweat pants when I went on my annual camping/fair trip. We camp in the mountains and it gets really cold at night. I froze my behind off my first night, and picked up a pair of very expensive hippy yoga pants, which were the closest thing they had to sweats at the fair.

And although those stupid hippies who made them ruined the elastic in the waist band, requiring me to sew in an old elastic band from a worn out pair of undies, they are now my favorite weekend attire. :smile:

Haha! That's funny, how ironic when the unplanned is best for you.

I'm tired of packing, and I'm sure things will come up tomorrow. Sigh.

micromass said:
I guess it's still in his pocket...

Not really; he's just happy to see you.

Gad said:
Haha! That's funny, how ironic when the unplanned is best for you.

I'm tired of packing, and I'm sure things will come up tomorrow. Sigh.

Have fun with your family.

Remember:

wise old om said:
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose, but you didn't pick your family, so just trust in god, that you are in the right place, at the right time, and shouldn't worry about anything silly, as I'm sure one of them will have the floss, that you've forgotten.

OmCheeto said:
Have fun with your family.

Remember:

Haha! I like it, thanks Om! :smile:

Evo said:
I went to the store yesterday, tiny avocados, they'll fit in the palm of your hand, were $2 each.
That's terrible. They're still three for a dollar everywhere here. Not that they're large ones. But they're not tiny.

zoobyshoe said:
That's terrible. They're still three for a dollar everywhere here. Not that they're large ones. But they're not tiny.

I bought an Orange tree sapling from the farmers market at work last week.

I've had a lemon and avocado trees growing, from seeds, for at least 15 years, with no sign of even an attempt of a blossom. So I was all giddy about getting a fruit bearing tree. Then I googled the name of my Orange tree baby: Osage Orange.

Several Problems...

A. It's fruit is green. How do they get away calling it an Orange?
B. The fruit is not edible.
C. It's tropical. I'll have 3 useless trees in my living room this winter.
D. One of its alternate names is "Horse Apple". Isn't that like horse poop?

grrr... :mad:

Evo said:

Yeah, my original (random) comment sprung in reaction to her racist comments. Glad to see the crazy eyed confederate fried-butter eating loon has been fired.

-Dave K

OmCheeto said:
I bought an Orange tree sapling from the farmers market at work last week.

I've had a lemon and avocado trees growing, from seeds, for at least 15 years, with no sign of even an attempt of a blossom. So I was all giddy about getting a fruit bearing tree. Then I googled the name of my Orange tree baby: Osage Orange.

Several Problems...

A. It's fruit is green. How do they get away calling it an Orange?
B. The fruit is not edible.
C. It's tropical. I'll have 3 useless trees in my living room this winter.
D. One of its alternate names is "Horse Apple". Isn't that like horse poop?

grrr... :mad:
Take it back, it's a weed tree, those people are scum. They grow everywhere here and are a mess.

Evo said:
Take it back, it's a weed tree, those people are scum. They grow everywhere here and are a mess.

I will not take it back. :mad:

That young lady has supplied me with my garden for years. She is a saint. :mad:

I also hear that the wood from the trees is incredibly strong.

...exploitation by Native American tribes for bow-making. The wood was highly prized for this purpose, and natives were known to travel hundreds of miles to acquire it.

ps. Can you find someone to cut some of those weed-trees down? I will be over with my truck in about 342 days.

lol Om

Gad said:
lol Om

Do you have any idea what to do with Ghost Peppers?

I just read the white plastic stick thingy, and it said; "Call 911 if you come in contact with one of these peppers".

:bugeye:

Are you planning to make a bow, Om?

Borek said:
Are you planning to make a bow, Om?

Kind of. Only "bow", in my case, indicates the front. I want keel material for boats.

Om's said:
1. Do not replace your oak keel with cedar.

Although light and strong, cedar has the durability of toilet paper.

OmCheeto said:
Kind of. Only "bow", in my case, indicates the front. I want keel material for boats.

Like, planked mahogany :!)?

Just finished watching Nik Wallenda cross the Grand Canyon , walking on a 2-ft-wide rope , a 1,400-ft walk. I personally think that given he's married and has children, he has no right to risk his life. If he was single, would be a different story; still, should there be cameras to encourage him? I mean, I'm all for pushing the boundaries, but still. In his defense, he did train pretty thoroughly.

I don't know if you can use a strong word like 'right' here. I actually agree with you - it is ridiculous that he was risking his life knowing that there are 3 people would be grief stricken if something happened to him. Not to mention the question of them surviving without him being there to provide.

And the Grand Canyon wasn't his only adventure either - he's done more, which means it's not a 'once a lifetime' thing.

dreamLord said:
Not to mention the question of them surviving without him being there to provide.

I bet he was insured, so that was covered.

Borek said:
I bet he was insured, so that was covered.
And, if he was insured, I'll bet it wasn't cheap.

My main priorities today:

Continue learning LaTex and working on a small research paper in isometries of the plane WRT to the Chebyshev Metric
Work out a few classical guitar and jazz tunes for an open mike on Thursday at a nearby cafe
Continue secretly work on my Salsa dancing so I can surprise my wife

-Dave K

I can see clearly now. (Not the song!)

Just picked up my new glasses this morning. I elected to go with simple single-vision lenses. Progressive lenses can be tough, including skewing your view as you pivot your head. No more progressive lenses for me. With my new specs, I am 20:20 in one eye and 20:15 in the other. Good enough.

dkotschessaa said:
My main priorities today:

Continue learning LaTex and working on a small research paper in isometries of the plane WRT to the Chebyshev Metric
Work out a few classical guitar and jazz tunes for an open mike on Thursday at a nearby cafe
Continue secretly work on my Salsa dancing so I can surprise my wife

-Dave K

So I take it your stitches feel good enough that you can secretly salsa :biggrin:.

lisab said:
Like, planked mahogany :!)?

No! Mahogany should never be used as keel material. It's too beautiful.

Did I ever tell you that the cabin cruiser that I've had for 5 years and have never had on the water once, has a teak deck?

I bought it from a carpenter.

I had a confusing evening; I had two heart-attacks-on-a-stick icecream bars ( 5g of saturated fat and tons of sugar) I was stupid-enough to eat, and fell asleep. Then I wake up and start watching a show about the best commercials --which has commercials of its own, but it's not clear when one ends and the other begins. Then I hear the phrase :"Thandie Newton is youthful" youthful for what? Is that a lisp , or not?

But I lovde the smooth transition between programming and commercials. During a show about a coming apocalypse resulting from a shortage of basic resources (oil, water, food in general), one hears the line "...and they will all perish and deeply suffer, but no one will be able to help..." then (smooth transition to commercial break) Cool Doritos ranch: a bunch of teenagers dancing to an upbeat tune. From apocalypse , death and destruction to happy dancing in less than five seconds.

Bacle2 said:
I had a confusing evening; I had two heart-attacks-on-a-stick icecream bars ( 5g of saturated fat and tons of sugar) I was stupid-enough to eat, and fell asleep. Then I wake up and start watching a show about the best commercials --which has commercials of its own, but it's not clear when one ends and the other begins. Then I hear the phrase :"Thandie Newton is youthful" youthful for what? Is that a lisp , or not?

But I lovde the smooth transition between programming and commercials. During a show about a coming apocalypse resulting from a shortage of basic resources (oil, water, food in general), one hears the line "...and they will all perish and deeply suffer, but no one will be able to help..." then (smooth transition to commercial break) Cool Doritos ranch: a bunch of teenagers dancing to an upbeat tune. From apocalypse , death and destruction to happy dancing in less than five seconds.

Bread and circuses?

lisab said:
Bread and circuses?

More like chips and circ du soleil (?!?)