Conflicted Feelings: Moving On from High School

In summary, moving on from high school can be a time of conflicting emotions for many individuals. While it marks the end of a significant chapter in one's life, it also brings about the excitement and uncertainty of new beginnings. The nostalgia for the past and the fear of the future can create a sense of conflict within oneself. However, it is important to embrace these conflicting feelings and use them as motivation to grow and move forward. Whether it is pursuing higher education, starting a career, or exploring new opportunities, the process of moving on from high school is a natural and necessary part of life.
check said:
What is it with all these 19 year old guys dating 21 year old girls? Where's mine? AH!

My girl's 16.

Physics news on Phys.org
Monique said:
*quietly nods* :approve:
:surprise: :biggrin:

Awwwww. That is really good. Have you known him long? What is he like? Who asked who? etc... :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

P.S. If anyone can tell me why I am asking female question then please let me know.

Chrono said:
My girl's 16.

And how old are you?

The Bob (2004 ©)

P.S. Mine is 15.

Thanks Evo I may just try that.

The Prudens Optimus Bloke

Hi everyone!

I started reading this thread last night (It's been here a while... almost a year...) and I'm only up to page 14. I don't really have the time to read it all, but I'm getting very curious. What ever happened with the incredibly shy (and VERY clueless) PrudensOptimus? Was he too shy to ask her out, or did he finally do it?

Thanks!

Oh, and Lenin, THANKYOU for deciding to ask out your crush. At least you have some guts... and it only took you about half a page of this thread to do it. Good on ya! :biggrin:

Andrew Wells
AMW Bonfire :smile:

The Bob said:
And how old are you?

I just turned 20 in June.

Chrono said:
I guess I don't have to tell you to be careful?

I think you just did ! :wink:

Last edited:
Chrono said:

Tut Tut. Mind you, my friend's parents are 9 years apart in age. No problems there. Still be careful you are not seen as a pedofial. Not saying you are but people may think it. I think people think it of me because my girlfriend is really short compared to me and so it looks like a father and daughter fling. Not nice when people ask. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Whoa! I thought y'all were going to go crazy about that. I know what not to do so don't worry about that. Pretty much everybody I've talked to about this has said that it was all right and I don't see anything wrong with it.

Wow!

It seems after 53 pages no one wants to post anymore.

:(

Chrono said:
Whoa! I thought y'all were going to go crazy about that. I know what not to do so don't worry about that. Pretty much everybody I've talked to about this has said that it was all right and I don't see anything wrong with it.

Lots of people around our age go for younger girls... well actually, more to the point, younger girls are attracted to older men due to money/car or whatever.

Irony

Ahh, a bit of irony...

I'd only just discovered this post a few days ago (even though it's been here since last year). I started reading from the very first page, and so many times I had things I really wanted to say (but of course it was too late). I kept reading, getting up to date, and I started getting excited when I got the the 30th page... I kept reading, and now I'm up to date! I can finally reply to things people say!

AND THEN YOU ALL STOP POSTING! AHHHHH! :cry: :eek:

Irony is horrible. :-p

This topic can't die! It's big, and big things should NEVER die.

Keep posting people!

And Chrono, she's only about 4 fifths of your age. Not that it matters in the least... I just thought I'd work it out.

More statistics: You've spent an estimated 94,608,000 seconds on Earth longer than she has... of course, that's assuming neither of you have visited out of space. Have you? :confused:

:cry: :cry: :cry: I'll be very sad if this topic dies.

Last edited by a moderator:
amwbonfire said:
Ahh, a bit of irony...

Don't worry, it won't die. Ironic, yes, dieing, no. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

jimmy p said:
Lots of people around our age go for younger girls... well actually, more to the point, younger girls are attracted to older men due to money/car or whatever.

So you're saying not to worry about it?

Chrono said:
So you're saying not to worry about it?

Look don't worry about. I mean what is the age difference? 5 years, 6 years? That is nothing really. How old is 'she'??

The Bob (2004 ©)

The Bob said:
Look don't worry about. I mean what is the age difference? 5 years, 6 years? That is nothing really. How old is 'she'??

The difference is four years. She is 16.

Monique, that's so good to hear you found somebody...or somebody found you...whichever way that worked :smile: No wonder you got so quiet lately :wink:

Chrono, right now, that's a big age difference, but in a few years, it won't seem like much at all. Take it really slow...she's still in that jail bait category. In two more years, you can finally breathe a sigh of relief if it lasts that long and know that you're not in danger if her parents suddenly take a dislike to you.

Chrono, think of it like this: You like her, she likes you. What else matters? :smile:

amwbonfire said:
Chrono, think of it like this: You like her, she likes you. What else matters? :smile:

I have been kind of saying that but still be careful. I need to be and me and my girlfriend are only a year apart in ages. With me it is the height difference that is the problem. It makes her, from a distance, look like a child of 9 or something young like that. :smile:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Actually if he were in England, she would be legal.

Moonbear said:
Chrono, right now, that's a big age difference, but in a few years, it won't seem like much at all. Take it really slow...she's still in that jail bait category. In two more years, you can finally breathe a sigh of relief if it lasts that long and know that you're not in danger if her parents suddenly take a dislike to you.

I hear you and I've been doing just that. Probably going too slow, in fact. I really don't foresee anything more than just dating.

amwbonfire said:
Chrono, think of it like this: You like her, she likes you. What else matters?]

I like your way of thinking here.

Tis always the way you should think. People can give advice but it is ultimately your decision to make, and if you are happy, then it is the right decision.

women are the devil :bugeye: :devil: , keep the eyes open for the signs! :surprise:

im half kidding of course. i agree with what other people are saying, take it slow and let her move things to the next level due to the age difference

devil-fire said:
I agree with what other people are saying, take it slow and let her move things to the next level due to the age difference

I shall do just that. Y'all help me out more with girls than you do with physics or math.

BUMP!

bumpy

Why won't this thread die?? Oh, yeah, it's because of me. Man, I tell you, I think I just have the worst luck when it comes to girls. Most of y'all already know about my previous experience.

Evo, you mentioned that she was single, and she was. Until recently.

Ok, I'll fill ya'll in with this. I felt I had to start getting brave with her and last Wednesday I had asked her out for this Friday. Well, when I asked her she replied, "We'll see." I thought it was a sufficient answer, considering she had to ask her parents. How wrong was I. I asked her today what the news was on it and she told me what I never expected her to say. She said that she has a boyfriend.

Chrono said:
Ok, I'll fill ya'll in with this. I felt I had to start getting brave with her and last Wednesday I had asked her out for this Friday. Well, when I asked her she replied, "We'll see." I thought it was a sufficient answer, considering she had to ask her parents. How wrong was I. I asked her today what the news was on it and she told me what I never expected her to say. She said that she has a boyfriend.
The new one has a boyfriend?

Evo said:
The new one has a boyfriend?

So it seems. I really have no idea what in the world happend. Just three weeks ago she was wanting a kiss before she left. I should have realized something was wrong when last week she wasn't into to me last she has been.

Oh, poor Chrono! Seems Cupid has an awful lot of bent arrows he's using on you! Just consider it all practice for when the right woman comes along. Maybe you need to start handing them a questionnaire when you meet them,

"Question #1: Do you have a boyfriend?
Question #2: Are you sure you don't have a boyfriend?
Question #3: Do you plan on getting a boyfriend anytime soon?
Question #4: Is this boyfriend someone other than Chrono?"

That should cover it. I swear, there are nice women out there. You'll find one of them eventually, you just have to!

Moonbear said:
I swear, there are nice women out there. You'll find one of them eventually, you just have to!

I found mine. I love her to pieces. Anyway just keep on trying Chrono, you will pick one that is simgle one day. :smile:

The Bob (2004 ©)

This thread isn't dead! :biggrin:

The Bob said:
I found mine. I love her to pieces. Anyway just keep on trying Chrono, you will pick one that is simgle one day. :smile:

:biggrin: *Smiles knowingly*

Chrono, I thought you said she liked you? Girls can be strange... just keep on trucking. You'll find the right one when you're not looking, and when you least expect it. :wink:

amwbonfire said:
Chrono, I thought you said she liked you? Girls can be strange... just keep on trucking. You'll find the right one when you're not looking, and when you least expect it. :wink:

Oh man, I was the complete opposite. I knew I wanted my girl when I first saw here and, as it turns out, so did she. We just waited 11 months before admitting it to each other. :smile: I don't know what I was thinking.

The Bob (2004 ©)

The Bob said:
We just waited 11 months before admitting it to each other. :smile: I don't know what I was thinking.

I know the feeling. 11 months is short in comparison... :-p

amwbonfire said:
I know the feeling. 11 months is short in comparison... :-p

In comparison to what? :rolleyes:

The Bob (2004 ©)